Fenway's Empire RP

Post yer RPs here.
Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN
Re: Fenway's Empire RP

Post by Iv121 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:30 am

Error the military points determine how powerful your ships are and now you also want them to determine the size ? See my point is that all of the other stats fen added are meaningless this way, those who have 100 MP win, the others eat dust.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:35 am

Military points are how much money you spend on military.
Therefore, they decide the overall power of your forces.
you can have only few but very powerful ships or you have gianormous armies of useless crapfighters.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:12 am

This focuses more on fleets and tactics instead of who can make the most not-quite-op ships.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:25 am

^ this.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Alduin
Cadet
Cadet
Affiliation:Dovan Empire

Post by Alduin » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:40 am

this is becoming waay more complicated than it needs to be. why not just drop the whole system encoder thingy and the whole point-military system and just roleplay?
Nickname:Emperor_Revan(and roleplay)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:27 am

Miraak wrote:this is becoming waay more complicated than it needs to be. why not just drop the whole system encoder thingy and the whole point-military system and just roleplay?
I agree this is getting way to complicated. just keep the tactics thing and play it out with who you think has the best fleet and tactics.
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Prototype wrote:F-14s are just gay Tornados.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:39 am

Yeah, noone actually needs overcomplicated mechanics and the strenght point system makes factions that maybe just were random planetary governments not cared for in Arcs 1 and 2 as poweful as the former superpowers (NeoRome, Strigiforme EE)...
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:15 pm

... see your problem is you cant without them, every single one of you thinks he has the best fleet on earth and that he should get the victory and now there is fen with two cocksure ppl looking at him and telling him how superior their fleet is and what should he do in your opinion ?

There is nothing complicated in the system I propose, you don't have to worry about the so called "complicated" calculations that are something my little bro did when he was 8, you don't have to worry about the decision making which is the more complicated part because it has no rules, all you should know is that one star has one fleet and that each fleet has an equal firepower - now how it is spread is another issue and your opponent will inform you about it - that is the part that I don't care about because it all works the same :tongue: .

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:38 pm

The point is that we want to have fun.
Having to calculate whether an engagement with the enemy is a good idea would just NOT be fun for most people.
YOU would like to have everything predictable, but I (and some others as well) think that the unpredicatable (strategies and common sense making the decisions) would be more fun.
So far, you have been stating opinions, Iv, at least too many opinions to find the facts between them.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:42 pm

Well you never learn huh ? Tell me what happened last RP ? good, now that is about to happen again if the fleets won't be balanced. If you believe you can do it on your own there won't be any need for this, but as I see everyone still thinks he's the center of the world and that is fine that is natural for human beings, that is where this system comes in. Again please read what I wrote above, you don't have to calculate anything you are going to get one winner one looser no matter what way fen is going to decide who wins, the only reason for this system to exist is that you won't come to cry that his decision was unfair and that he will actually be able to give a fair decision.

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:52 pm

I have a proposal to extend the one fleet per system.

I have a problem where I only have two planets, sure, one of them is entirely mechanical, and has benefits, but I am still small, if I were attacked by multiple fleets, I'd be out of the RP for sure.

So, my idea, everyone has a capital system, the fleet for this system is considerably larger, and stronger than their other fleets, however, it would be needed to remain at the capital system (you could order it elsewhere, but you'd be open to attack).

As I only have one system, my only fleet would be this capital fleet, if I just had a regular fleet defending my only planet, I could get wiped out within a few turns.

Also flagships would be in this capital fleet
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:02 pm

Good points, but let´s stop ranting over each other, right?
Anyway, you´ve made your point and actually, they make sense and I do think that SOME sort of system should be implemented.
I still like Fenway´s model more, though.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:12 pm

Iv121 wrote:Well you never learn huh ? Tell me what happened last RP ? good, now that is about to happen again if the fleets won't be balanced. If you believe you can do it on your own there won't be any need for this, but as I see everyone still thinks he's the center of the world and that is fine that is natural for human beings, that is where this system comes in. Again please read what I wrote above, you don't have to calculate anything you are going to get one winner one looser no matter what way fen is going to decide who wins, the only reason for this system to exist is that you won't come to cry that his decision was unfair and that he will actually be able to give a fair decision.
You want to know what worked, Fenway's super official RP, that worked fine until we failed to classify OPness. We had a battle system that worked, everything was fine, story arc 2 also was fine, battles happend, no one ever complained, the reason it died was because people lost interest.
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Prototype wrote:F-14s are just gay Tornados.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:14 pm

It's better because it actually makes the strength index WORTH something

I don't really like Iv's or Error's suggestion. It makes it easy and stupid. With mine, it actually gives points for the quirky things you may do.

And yes, You will be able to raise your stats above 100 now. Through things. I will decide what is appropriate.

And the minimum-fleet thing is going to be removed.

And just because you have a stronger/better fleet doesn't mean you will win. NeoRome could NOT really consolidate it's forces without endangering many of it's systems, for example. It's capacity to fight can be limited. The Planetary Dominion, on the other hand, has only one Worldship that needs protecting. It would have it's super-mega fleet of doom steamroll everything.

Remember, it's not just strength, it's strength AND tactics.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:23 pm

We'll see, somehow I don’t think you will host a brilliant turn based strategy but worth trying. So again can you actually condense that system for my little mind because honestly I didn’t get much from what you wrote (I mean calculations wise, it didn't make sense) so that I can implement it in the next NavNet version, also trying to figure how to use all of your computers as cloud storage for updates without server usage.