Fenway's Empire RP

Post yer RPs here.
Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma
Re: Fenway's Empire RP

Post by Professor Fenway » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:02 pm

Ok guys, I am currently working on the tech-tree. Don't post any more applications, because the technology index will shortly change. If you already did, you may have to modify your application to comply with the tech-tree.

Tunnelthunder
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:Insomniacs
IGN:Tunnelthunder

Post by Tunnelthunder » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:54 am

Unit 340 wrote:Ok guys, I am currently working on the tech-tree. Don't post any more applications, because the technology index will shortly change. If you already did, you may have to modify your application to comply with the tech-tree.
sounds good.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:11 am

Okay, then I´m waiting for the tech tree.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:22 am

Unit 340 wrote:Ok guys, I am currently working on the tech-tree. Don't post any more applications, because the technology index will shortly change. If you already did, you may have to modify your application to comply with the tech-tree.
I'll withhold my application then, I highly doubt artificial planets are allowed
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:31 pm

I assume we'll repost our apps (modified for the tech tree) after you've gotten it posted?

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:57 pm

No, they will be allowed. The tech tree is mainly a thing so that infinite research doesn't occur.

I have the Sub-light propulsion tree done. It goes from Rocketry, Ion-engines, warp engines, mass effect engines, gravitics engines, plasma engines, impulse engines, tachyon engines, all the way to the Quantum Tunnelling Engine. Trees are not self-contained. THey will require technologies researched from other trees, for example, a plasma engine may need plasma containment technology.

Yes, app's will likely be reposted. The tech progression will be separate from the other progression, so ya.

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:01 pm

Unit 340 wrote:I have the Sub-light propulsion tree done. It goes from Rocketry, Ion-engines, warp engines, mass effect engines, gravitics engines, plasma engines, impulse engines, tachyon engines, all the way to the Quantum Tunnelling Engine.
Hold on, many of us have different types of FTL systems (at least in the other RP's), does that mean we will all be using the same FTL tech?
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Prototype wrote:F-14s are just gay Tornados.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

DeadlyMiddie
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:The Orion Imperium

Post by DeadlyMiddie » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:34 am

Empire Name: The Orion Confederation

New Leader: Chancellor George Anderson

Government Type: Modified Direct Democracy

Sector: (Which of the four sectors you are in- 1 is upper right, 2 upper left, 3 lower left, 4 lower right) 3

Capital: Cyrania III

Currency: (Include conversion to Galactic Credit) Octio- 1 Octio=2 GC

Strength Index (Adds up to 220 or less)

Technology: 60

Economy: 50

Civilian: 25

Political: 30

Military: 53

Size: 2

Short Backstory: The Orion Confederation was formed when the globalization of its home planet occurred. When space travel was made practical, a colonization spree followed. Now, the Confederation is a slightly xenophobic nation that wants to remedy its lack of planets with more annexations. The Confederation is also highly concerned about security, so border incursions, terrorists, smuggling, and the like are taken seriously. A recent election has also taken place, ending the former Chancellor Hans Bauer's 20 year term as leader of the Confederation. Chancellor George Anderson now leads. Time will tell if he will go down in history as a great leader, or a despot.
Lead Me, Follow Me, or Get Out of My Way- General George S. Patton Jr.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:50 am

I said applications are CLOSED until the tech tree is done! You'll just have to change it anyway.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:40 am

Ok, I am SCRATCHING the tech tree. Won't work. I'll find other ways to moderate the tech issues. Updated application here;
  • Empire Name:

New Leader:

Government Type:

Sector: (Which of the four sectors you are in- 1 is upper right, 2 upper left, 3 lower left, 4 lower right)

Capital:

Currency: (Include conversion to Galactic Credit)

Strength Index (Adds up to 240 or less)

Economy:

Civilian:

Political:

Military:

Size:

Short Backstory:

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:00 am

Empire Name: Eggman Empire

New Leader: Empress Maria Kintobor (de legis)/Surpreme Grandmaster Mathew Tower (de facto)

Government Type: Federal Republic

Sector: 1

Capital: Portal (located on Angel Island on Mobius)

Currency: Bit (=1/3 credit)

Strenght index:

Economy: 55

Civilian: 62

Political: 60

Military: 55

Size: 8

Short Backstory: The EE in its current state emerged from the old Eggman Empire when it was given a constitution by Ivan Kintobor in 3261 PXE, who soon became the first Surpreme Grandmaster and led the Eggman Empire into peace.
Shortly after, the EE was one of the major factions to participate in the "virus-incident" and eventually was drawn into war with the SDI through an error in communications leading the military to believe EE patrols had been attacked by Strigiforme ships. After the end of the war, the reconstruction of EE infrastructure and economy led the Empire into a golden age. However, a self-declared "Whistleblower" stated that the EE government was secretly planning to take over the galaxy, which caused riots that weakened the Empire once again, but the masses decided to calm down after it was found out that the person who framed the EE for conspirating never had access to any files that could be used as evidence if said conspiracy even existed.
The EE is now a peaceful, but strong nation with a grudge against the SDI, but otherwise good foreign relations.
Last edited by Ivan2006 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:18 am

Fen can you organize a section in the OP with all of the factions ? For easy reference and access ...

Also what's about that one ?
Iv121 wrote:Hey suggestion bout how battles play out : each participant spoilers a tactic he wants to adopt for his fleet (obv the others are not supposed to read the spoilers), and you play the battle out. On critical moments you can stop the battle and allow the others to pick tactics again and so it will be a game of predicting the other's tactics like real strategy.
Oh another suggestion "Intel points" - can be used to open spoilers, maybe needed a better way to ensure no cheating, I generally trust you but to be sure.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:55 am

I believe the intel point system would not work- just because some of us have other means of gathering information that "hacking" and deploying moles, allowing for constant intel flow from a source.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:52 am

Listen mate that is a way to mainstream RP, your moles are all pointless if they cannot give you actual info, consider it as if your hackers hacked something and got the info in the spoiler or your mole got it for you, intel is intel and I honestly don't care how you "gathered" it.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:35 am

Empire Name: Cuuytl Vyr Republic(also referred to as Strigiforme Republic)

New Leader: Leader Ryssatiir

Government Type: Fascist State

Sector: (Which of the four sectors you are in- 1 is upper right, 2 upper left, 3 lower left, 4 lower right): 3

Capital: Cuuyth

Currency: (Include conversion to Galactic Credit): K'lii, 15:1 ratio(K'lii to Credit)

Strength Index (Adds up to 240 or less)

Economy: 45

Civilian: 60

Political: 35

Military: 55

Size: 23

Short Backstory: After a short, but completely expected, revolution, the previously moderate government was overthrown. All major industrial centers were nationalized, and all non-Strigiforme citizens were sent to reeducation camps, where they were forced into a doctrine of hyper-nationalism, along with massive propaganda campaigns villainizing most other powers. The new empire relies on extreme nationalistic feelings.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler: