Future Wars

Post yer RPs here.
Alduin
Cadet
Cadet
Affiliation:Dovan Empire
Future Wars

Post by Alduin » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:19 am

ok, well im going to take another shot at making a roleplay, though ill probably not be as involved
Story:
For thousands of years, humans thought they were the only ones in the universe. They were wrong.
In the year 2155, the first basic warp core was created on Earth, 100 years later, it was perfected to the point that they could travel great distances in matter of days.
This sparked an age of colonization, it also started an age of war and intra-stellar empires.
in the Earth year of 7267, humans found out they are not alone.

Possible questions that I am going to answer now:
1. yes, you can play as humans
2. humans will mostly be in the bottom right of the galaxy
3.there will be a map
4. you can apply to join at any time, but sooner the better.
5. This is a space roleplay
6. This roleplay is not part of any other roleplay

Explanation of application process
Faction: name of your faction
Ruler: person who leads
Foreign Policies: how you treat foreigners, whether you allow immigration, etc..
Currency: name of your money
Species: main species of your faction, can be multiple
Bio: how your faction came into being
*These next 4 are part of a point system*
*you get 25 points, and each category can only have 10 points*
Tech- Technology level, technology=happy people, faster ships/better weapons
Military- strength of military=larger ships, more powerful weapons, etc...
Population- 1 point=25 Billion
Economy- 5 points=1$ standard, so each point increases your currency's value by .25 standard $

Rules:

1.follow rules

2. no godmodding

3. no metagaming

4. if you don't have a good explanation for knowing a faction exists, then you don't know that faction exists.

5. wars must have a reason

App:

Faction:
Ruler:
Foreign Policies:
Currency:
Species:
Bio:
Tech-
Military-
Population-
Economy-
----------------------------------

Map:(maybe)

Factions:
Spoiler:
Dovan Empire
Ruler: (in this universe) Grand Admiral Miraak
Foreign Policies: non-trusting, no foreigners allowed, but will not attack unless provoked
Currency: Dov
Species: Dovan
Bio: The Dovan Empire, originally from an alternate universe, has begun expanding into this universe via a gate that can only be used every 10 years
Tech-10
Military-7
Population-2
Economy-6

The Imperial Covenant of The San and Olmec Systems

Ruler:Grand Emperor Trek

Foreign Policies: The Imperial Covenant is a semi secure border empire enforcing check points and routes for ships to fly, but little more. They welcome trade within their systems and actively searching for others.

Currency: Credit (it can be broken over in a standardized five base system starting at .05 credits and continuing from there)

Species: A multiple species group consisting of- The 1.Olmec and the 2.San species.

1.( a vaguely human species in overall body shape and size including their hands, however their skin is closer to that of reptiles along with their eyes and teeth.)

2.(a vastly different species from the Olmec they stand nearly a foot shorter on average, but are far broader and have plate like shelling on their arms and back. They also have rather long tusk and a snout like face.)

Bio: A new empire forged through painstaking treaties and war The Imperial Covenant of The San and Olmec Systems was created after years of various small wars with each other and within their own empires' borders. They were united by Trek's great grand father, a San general at the time. He lead a coup on two fronts against both groups and with support from other generals and political assets on both sides over through the former Olmec council and San King. The empire was then forged as Trek's grand father helped create a new political system based on electing the council and emperor for each system who would then run the systems under the Grand Emperor and his council, who were elected again by the people. This leads to the still standing system which has allowed the people of The Imperial Covenant of the San and Olmec Systems to flourish.

Tech-8
Military-8
Population-4
Economy-5

The Anceint Empire
Ruler: Zephyr; the KI of the flagship, Zephyr knows everything about the goals we have to achieve, to reach our main goal, the discovery of whatever reactivated us.

Foreign Policies: As we have no home world, only the flagship and a fleet of our own ships, every immigrant has to bring his own home and has to accept new immigrants on his ship, if they need the same environment and he has space for them.

Currency: Galax

Species: Ancient Machines

Bio: http://fc-mod.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=811 <-- Read this

Tech-10
Military-6
Population-1
Economy-8

Map: We have no territorial claim, and wander around the galaxy.

Obsidian Syndicate
Rulers: Jack Root, Little, Nex, Soulsearcher
Foreign Policies: We treat them well if you like staying in your section, No foreigners allowed in Halla except diplomats.
Currency: None
Species: Rootiers
Bio: The Ancients made us and The Marks along with 3 other species set us against each other, we won they disappeared. Strangely though looked almost the same as us.
Tech- 10
Military- 10
Population- 5
Economy- 0

Magnus Technocracy

Ruler: AI Core 001-A "The Eye"

Foreign Policies: They generally keep to themselves, isolationist, unless a foreign nation has something they want or another nation interferes.

Currency: Yttrium Coins (Solid-backed currency, Yttrium is extremely useful and versatile, and therefore valuable. Often melted down or broken down to be used in experiments and devices)

Species: Librarians (Sentient Automatons/ AI's)

Bio: The Librarians, as they are known by human explorers, are a race of highly-advanced sentient AI's, descended from a long-extinct ancient civilization. Due to their maker's limited cognitive abilities, they were grafted with the sole purpose of garnering knowledge. This proved to be disastrous, as the ancient race died out in the Librarian's quest for knowledge. After realizing their mistake, the Librarians vowed to rebuild the universe in a new, advanced image. Technology and Science have always been their focus, and due to their structure, many of the problems that plague other nations, such as crime, do not exist. However, they have limited social capacity, and therefore, have trouble adapting to other nations. As such, they prefer to leave them alone. AI Core 001-A was the first Sentient machine made, and has been grafted permanent ruler, or Overseer, of the empire's capacities.

Until recently, they did not have an identifier for their race as a whole. Due to the discovery of other empires, they adopted the human nickname "Librarians" to identify themselves.

Tech- 10

Military- 7

Population- 3

Economy- 5

Map: Situated in a star cluster known as Trias in the north-west sector. Save for permanently built worlds (I.E a few planets completely converted to massive, stunning, advanced super-cities in a couple of systems), territory is fluid as the research stations and star-bases shift their location for new ventures.

The Orion Confederation
Ruler: Chancellor Hans Bauer
Foreign Policies: The Orion Confederation regulates immigration and emigration by logging who goes in and out, not prohibiting it. It is also a slightly xenophobic nation, and will "lock out" all foreigners if need be.
Currency: Octio/Octies
Species: Humans
Bio: The Orion Confederation was formed when the globalization of its home planet, Cyrania III, occurred. When space travel was made practical, a colonization spree followed. It now encompasses the entire Cyrania system, and the planet Anstrilia II.

Tech- 7
Military- 9
Population- 2
Economy- 7
Alliances:
Wars:
Last edited by Alduin on Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:12 am, edited 8 times in total.
Nickname:Emperor_Revan(and roleplay)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Alduin
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Future Wars

Post by Alduin » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:49 am

Faction: Dovan Empire
Ruler: (in this universe) Grand Admiral Miraak
Foreign Policies: non-trusting, no foreigners allowed, but will not attack unless provoked
Currency: Dov
Species: Dovan
Bio: The Dovan Empire, originally from an alternate universe, has begun expanding into this universe via a gate that can only be used every 10 years
Tech-10
Military-7
Population-2
Economy-6
*I automatically approve*
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:14 pm

RESERVED
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Alduin
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Alduin » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:20 pm

Lightspeed wrote:RESERVED
offtopic
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Tunnelthunder
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:Insomniacs
IGN:Tunnelthunder

Post by Tunnelthunder » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:27 pm

Faction:The Imperial Covenant of The San and Olmec Systems

Foreign Policies: The Imperial Covenant is a semi secure border empire enforcing check points and routes for ships to fly, but little more. They welcome trade within their systems and actively searching for others.

Currency: Credit (it can be broken over in a standardized five base system starting at .05 credits and continuing from there)

Species: A multiple species group consisting of- The 1.Olmec and the 2.San species.

1.( a vaguely human species in overall body shape and size including their hands, however their skin is closer to that of reptiles along with their eyes and teeth.)

2.(a vastly different species from the Olmec they stand nearly a foot shorter on average, but are far broader and have plate like shelling on their arms and back. They also have rather long tusk and a snout like face.)

Bio: A new empire forged through painstaking treaties and war The Imperial Covenant of The San and Olmec Systems was created after years of various small wars with each other and within their own empires' borders. They were united by Trek's great grand father, a San general at the time. He lead a coup on two fronts against both groups and with support from other generals and political assets on both sides over through the former Olmec council and San King. The empire was then forged as Trek's grand father helped create a new political system based on electing the council and emperor for each system who would then run the systems under the Grand Emperor and his council, who were elected again by the people. This leads to the still standing system which has allowed the people of The Imperial Covenant of the San and Olmec Systems to flourish.

Tech-8
Military-8
Population-4
Economy-5

Alduin
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Alduin » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:35 pm

Tunnelthunder wrote:Faction:The Imperial Covenant of The San and Olmec Systems

Tech-8
Military-8
Population-4
Economy-5
approved, welcome!
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Tunnelthunder
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Tunnelthunder » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:45 pm

Do we wait for more? or can I just start rolling.

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:49 pm

OOC: NO,miraak. Its not offtopic. I said RESERVED because i dont have time to write right now. So i reserved a place for me to write .
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Alduin
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Alduin » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:57 pm

Lightspeed wrote:OOC: NO,miraak. Its not offtopic. I said RESERVED because i dont have time to write right now. So i reserved a place for me to write .

not yet tunnelthunder, im hoping to get around 5 more people
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Jack Root
Recruit
Recruit
Affiliation:Obsidian Fragment

Post by Jack Root » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:32 pm

I'll join when I get the Free time.
Fate has a cruel sense of humor.

Tunnelthunder
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Tunnelthunder » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:41 pm

I got bored and started working on stats:
Spoiler:
Statistic augments 100 points total Points (add statically to the base)-see note
• Military- each point here means better training and combat effectiveness 5% per point
• Tech- each point here is for equipment and research 1 point is equal to 1x faster research and 10% better tech increases population happiness by 2%
• Economy- each point here adds to industry increasing production speed by 5%, wealth by 10% and increases population happiness by 3%. Also improves ability to move supplies by 1%.
• Recruitment- each point here adds to your ability to put people into the military by 3%
• Logistics- each point here adds 5% to your ability to move supplies.
• Industry- each point here adds 10% to the number of factories you have
• Population- each point here increases number of people by 5%
• Size- Each point here adds to the amount of space you can control by 5% and increases default size by 2%
• Education each point here increase 1% combat effectiveness 10%population happiness 3% and Wealth and Production speed by 2%
• Security- each point here adds to Training and weapons by 5%
Note-To figure your stats you take the total percent and multiply it by the base and add that to the original
Edit if there is interest I will finish it out.

Alduin
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Alduin » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:42 pm

Tunnelthunder wrote:I got bored and started working on stats:
Spoiler:
Statistic augments 100 points total Points (add statically to the base)-see note
• Military- each point here means better training and combat effectiveness 5% per point
• Tech- each point here is for equipment and research 1 point is equal to 1x faster research and 10% better tech increases population happiness by 2%
• Economy- each point here adds to industry increasing production speed by 5%, wealth by 10% and increases population happiness by 3%. Also improves ability to move supplies by 1%.
• Recruitment- each point here adds to your ability to put people into the military by 3%
• Logistics- each point here adds 5% to your ability to move supplies.
• Industry- each point here adds 10% to the number of factories you have
• Population- each point here increases number of people by 5%
• Size- Each point here adds to the amount of space you can control by 5% and increases default size by 2%
• Education each point here increase 1% combat effectiveness 10%population happiness 3% and Wealth and Production speed by 2%
• Security- each point here adds to Training and weapons by 5%
Note-To figure your stats you take the total percent and multiply it by the base and add that to the original
Edit if there is interest I will finish it out.
that actually looks pretty good, but I really don't want to overcomplicate this roleplay. this gives me an idea; have two Future Wars roleplays. one with this system based on statistics, and this current one with just basic roleplay. tell me if you think this is a good idea and ill start working on making another roleplay based around this with you.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Jack Root
Recruit
Recruit
Affiliation:Obsidian Fragment

Post by Jack Root » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:13 pm

Faction: Obsidian Syndicate
Foreign Policies: We treat them well if you like staying in your section, No foreigners allowed in Halla except diplomats.
Bio: The Ancients made us and The Marks along with 3 other species set us against each other, we won they disappeared. Strangely though looked almost the same as us.
Tech- 10
Military- 10
Population- 5
Economy- 0
Fate has a cruel sense of humor.

Alduin
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Alduin » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:27 pm

Jack Root wrote:Faction: Obsidian Syndicate
Tech- 10
Military- 10
Population- 5
Economy- 0
i hope you know that having 0 economy means your money is worth nothing at all.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:07 am

Miraak wrote:
Jack Root wrote:Faction: Obsidian Syndicate
Tech- 10
Military- 10
Population- 5
Economy- 0
i hope you know that having 0 economy means your money is worth nothing at all.
Jack Root wrote:Currency: None
I think it was intentional.

Also, I'd like to add that in the year of 7267, technology of 1 would be things like weapons the size of laser pointers able to kill a bunch of people with one shot, and ships that could go to the other end of the galaxy in a matter of seconds.
Tech level 10 would basically be able to make giant cloned armies in weeks, maybe days, and the ability to create planets, maybe even entire solar systems.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW