Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK
Re: Choose your weapon(s)

Post by Vinyl » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:22 pm

CaptainSporatic wrote:
Shiva wrote:So far, I'm winning...
I'd contest that... An invisible guy with a portal gun and a silenced weapon could pretty much take out anyone.... C:
Even a Spartan IV with a silenced MA5C and an ASHPD whose armor is equipped with an Aperture Science Long Fall Boot and Promethean Vision?
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

CaptainSporatic
Cadet
Cadet
Affiliation:Rhomidean
IGN:cptsporatic

Post by CaptainSporatic » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:29 pm

Cortana wrote:
CaptainSporatic wrote:
I'd contest that... An invisible guy with a portal gun and a silenced weapon could pretty much take out anyone.... C:
Even a Spartan IV with a silenced MA5C and an ASHPD whose armor is equipped with an Aperture Science Long Fall Boot and Promethean Vision?
Well if they got the drop on the spartan from on the ceiling... hehehe
Spoiler:
Have you ever as so much as tried to even know for sure when even so much as not to do?

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:10 pm

CaptainSporatic wrote:
Cortana wrote:
CaptainSporatic wrote:I'd contest that... An invisible guy with a portal gun and a silenced weapon could pretty much take out anyone.... C:
Well if they got the drop on the spartan from on the ceiling... hehehe
That'd be hard considering all my spec ops guys work in teams of two or greater.

CaptainSporatic
Cadet
Cadet

Post by CaptainSporatic » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:20 pm

Cortana wrote:
That'd be hard considering all my spec ops guys work in teams of two or greater.
Well numbers eventually overwhelm any force...
Spoiler:
Have you ever as so much as tried to even know for sure when even so much as not to do?

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:22 pm

CaptainSporatic wrote:
Cortana wrote:
Well numbers eventually overwhelm any force...
That's exactly how most of my tactics work.

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:24 pm

Main: water gun
Secondary: banana
Melee: stick
Special: charizard

I win
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Shiva
Midshipman
Midshipman
Affiliation:Manticore

Post by Shiva » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:07 pm

CaptainSporatic wrote:
How quaint :P An invisible portalgunned guy with a silenced pistol vs a 34,000 ton, countergrav-equipped sentient tank with 6 200+cm Hellrail capital starship-grade plasma weapons.... with me in the middle of it. Suuuuuuure.
Velocitas eradico; At terminatio velocitas, celeritas occidit.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:12 pm

Portal guns only work on surfaces explicitly coated with a moondust solution, as revealed in Portal 2.

I'd rather go for a few packets of C6 in this scenario.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

CaptainSporatic
Cadet
Cadet

Post by CaptainSporatic » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:51 pm

Shiva wrote:
CaptainSporatic wrote:
How quaint :P An invisible portalgunned guy with a silenced pistol vs a 34,000 ton, countergrav-equipped sentient tank with 6 200+cm Hellrail capital starship-grade plasma weapons.... with me in the middle of it. Suuuuuuure.
I'll just make a portal beneath your feet then one up off the moon.... have fun falling into orbit :P
Tiel wrote:Portal guns only work on surfaces explicitly coated with a moondust solution, as revealed in Portal 2.

Maybe instead of a melee weapon I can just have little pouches of fairy moondust I can throw at surfaces! xD
That or I'd modify the gun to work on any solid surface, if possible
Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:43 pm

Main: Anomaly flinger
Second: Extended mag Fully automatic Desert Eagle
Melee: Chuck Norris
Special: Sun smusher
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Shiva
Midshipman
Midshipman
Affiliation:Manticore

Post by Shiva » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:00 am

CaptainSporatic wrote:
Shiva wrote:
CaptainSporatic wrote: I'll just make a portal beneath your feet then one up off the moon.... have fun falling into orbit :P

Maybe instead of a melee weapon I can just have little pouches of fairy moondust I can throw at surfaces! xD
That or I'd modify the gun to work on any solid surface, if possible
My point was that you'd have to get past 6 5 megaton/second output plasma weapons (admittedly placed in two triple turrets), 30 20-30cm Hellbore infinite repeaters, and nigh on innumerable anti-personnel flechette guns and other sundry nasties, along with getting through the firestorm several hundred VLS cells' worth of fusion nukes to get to me.

You're boned :P

And if you DID get past the Bolo's defenses - the Bolo in question being, for the sake of argument, Unit -697-SHV of the Line, otherwise known by his commander as Shiva (no joke there... this is an actual Bolo character from a book), recently upgraded by the Republic of Indrani to Mark XXXIV status... well, let's say you'd have a very, very, VERY tick-off fusion-powered, space-capable flying sentient tank that is considered a planetary siege unit after your ass. And this particular unit has razed several planets to the ground already.
Velocitas eradico; At terminatio velocitas, celeritas occidit.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:21 am

Tiel wrote:Portal guns only work on surfaces explicitly coated with a moondust solution, as revealed in Portal 2.

You could use a TechTron Industries Portable Wormhole Device instead of a Portal Gun.
Not that it is very safe to use, or available for others than test subjects at Department 8, but it would work much better.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:07 am

Daynel wrote:

You could use a TechTron Industries Portable Wormhole Device instead of a Portal Gun.
Not that it is very safe to use, or available for others than test subjects at Department 8, but it would work much better.
My TTPWD which I bought fro your store not thirty minutes ago, is dead. Also it gave me a few tumours.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:09 am

Primary: tesla coil gun. Someone with a lot of spare time made one, and the article I read on it in Popular Science made it sound pretty cool.

Secondary: two revolvers, James Bond style (with laser aiming, muffler, and palm print scanner)

Melee: my cane with a hidden blade (it doesn't actually have a hidden blade in it, but it does have room for one...)

Armor (an important section your forgot): bullet and fire proof trench coat/bowler hat (or tuxedo) army boots, bow tie, leather gloves.

Vehicle (another important section): Bugatti Veyron

Special: saving the world with style (anybody get the reference?)
This is a signature.

Prototype
Developer

Post by Prototype » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:20 am

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:Primary: tesla coil gun. Someone with a lot of spare time made one, and the article I read on it in Popular Science made it sound pretty cool.

Secondary: two revolvers, James Bond style (with laser aiming, muffler, and palm print scanner)

Melee: my cane with a hidden blade (it doesn't actually have a hidden blade in it, but it does have room for one...)

Armor (an important section your forgot): bullet and fire proof trench coat/bowler hat (or tuxedo) army boots, bow tie, leather gloves.

Vehicle (another important section): Bugatti Veyron

Special: saving the world with style (anybody get the reference?)
I though James bond used a Walter PPK?
Spoiler:

Spoiler: