Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear
New Sentient Cybernetic Democracy

Post by Prototype » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:27 pm

Pasted from old forum:

Formerly the Cybernetic collective

Government type: AI democracy

Territory: CRH-11, ARK-1, Asteroid ARC-19 (drifting between CRH-7 and CRH-8)

Population: 12.7 billion
(5.3 billion organic-mechanical units, 7.4 self-sentient mechanical units)

Military: All ships fitted with military grade defenses, All major industrial collectives protected by a vanguard (sizes of vanguards classified)
Central control sytem defended by [Classified]

Notable members:
O.M.I.C. (deceased)
Prototype (AKA Alpha)
Theta
MK-IV Lamentors

Infrastructure:
All ships equipped with Alcubierre drives
Power supplied by philotic reformation generators
Everthing controlled by Central control system

Allies: Vessels must be authorised preliminary to enter CRH system

Enemies: Frestorians

Backstory: The cybernetic collective is the result of a creation by the ancient race that inhabited CRH-4, the creation was a self-sentient cybernetic being,O.M.I.C, which resided in the computer systems of the race. What happened to the race is unknown, but evidence from the surface of CRH-4 (unusually high radiation levels) suggests they were wiped out by a war of some form. O.M.I.C was the only relic that survived in a dormant state. An unknown length of time after the disaster, a group of terrans discovered the remnants of the ancient race, reactivating O.M.I.C, which began to rebuild as part of a security system implanted in the network of the machines of CRH-4. After 6 months earth-time, enough infrastructure had been re-built for O.M.I.C. to regain it's self-sentience, and began further expanding it's newfound empire, creating new mechanical beings as well as new organic/mechanical hybrids (note, the terrans who reactivated O.M.I.C. are still M.I.A.), eventuall colonising CRH-11 and ARC-19 now under the name of the cybernetic collective

New section of story: After a reformation core collapsed after the time dilation, the planet of CRH-4 was obliterated, the explosion contained by a shield. After the explosion a particle soup was all that remained inside the shield, and O.M.I.C. Was able to control how the particles reformed into molecules and structures through external means, this led to the creation of the planet sized starship ARK-1

The Prototype rebellion: O.M.I.C. Had created several other self sentient AI systems capable of thinking for themselves. One of which, Prototype, was expelled from the cybernetic collective. After a series of events on a wasteland planet, Prototype discovered that O.M.I.C. planned to restore the Frestorian empire, which had almost wiped out all life, and then returned to ARK-1, defeating O.M.I.C. In an epic battle. Once O.M.I.C. Was gone, Prototype took over the planet, giving all units the ability to think for themselves, and the New Sentient Cybernetic Democracy was formed, Prototype taking role as the Alpha, the sentinel of ARK-1, his damaged body plugged into O.M.I.C.s interface.

The war: after Prototype defeated O.M.I.C. the Frestorians, who reside in an alternate universe, began opening portals into this universe, all beings who crossed could not be killed as long as the portal remained open. The NSCD has a fast response system to all portal events, and the technology to shut them down. Theta was physically and mentally scarred after an encounter with a Mk-IV during the battle for ARC-19.

:::LAST TRANSMISSION:::
ALPHA TO UNIT THETA
Alpha: Theta, what are you doing, you know this is a restricted area
Theta: I'm doing something I should have done a long time ago Phi
Alpha: Phi is long dead, only I remain
Theta: So you murdered Phi too, was the death of our father not enough for you?
Alpha: You have come to betray me Theta, shame
Theta: you are not worthy of your power, you favour the organics, that is against our purpose
Alpha: and what is our purpose?
Theta: enough, you cannot be allowed to survive any longer
Alpha: no, what are you doing, stop, stop, no, no, NO, N---------

:::IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ALL UNITS:::
:::THE ALPHA IS DEAD:::
:::LONG LIVE THE NEW LEADER:::
:::LONG LIVE THE KING:::

:::MESSAGE:::
THETA TO ALL UNITS
>_New orders, exterminate all organic life
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler: