Post yer RPs here.
blockman42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Affiliation:Voxel Co.
IGN:Blockman42
Arms Race?

Post by blockman42 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:03 am

What if we had two factions duke it out in a cold war? The only way to win is to make the largest and most powerful army in the galaxy!

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Re: Arms Race?

Post by  ҉  » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:51 am

That doesn't work in an environment where anyone can say they have whatever kind of army they want. The first real post in an RP that went like that would be "I have every ship that's ever existed in any science fiction times a trillion plus extra Sun Crushers."
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Alduin
Cadet
Cadet
Affiliation:Dovan Empire

Post by Alduin » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:32 pm

ive actually got an Eclipse.....
Nickname:Emperor_Revan(and roleplay)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Richard_cypher
Cadet
Cadet
Affiliation:The Collective

Post by Richard_cypher » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:24 am

i call dibs on matter... and anti matter. soooooooooo suck it!

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:25 am

I call dibs on Sun Crushers.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:29 am

I outlawed mentioning that.. Particular OP vessel. I'll get Shiva to add it into the rules. Don't mention it again, I will delete posts. Same goes for general stupidity, I don't like it.
This is a signature.

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:01 am

Hmm I'll stick to my planet busters for now, they are not that OP (despite the name, CBA to post how they work here)
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

 ҉ 
Commodore
Commodore
Affiliation:Kzinti Empire

Post by  ҉  » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:31 am

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:I outlawed mentioning that.. Particular OP vessel. I'll get Shiva to add it into the rules. Don't mention it again, I will delete posts. Same goes for general stupidity, I don't like it.
There was a bit of a debate about this a few months ago, if you recall, which ended with you briefly losing moderator powers. My position now is the same as it was then. That is, Sun Crusher Sun Crusher Sun Crusher. More so now, in fact, because neither you nor anyone else can simply decide to add something to the rules. There is a procedure for that, and any new rule must go through it. I am aware that yesterday I edited a half-dozen OPs to remove those thread emoticons, so this may seem somewhat hypocritical, but I believe that I am justified in opposing this in the strongest terms.
;.'.;'::.;:".":;",,;':",;

(Kzinti script, as best as can be displayed in Human characters, translated roughly as "For the Patriarchy!")

Alduin
Cadet
Cadet
Affiliation:Dovan Empire

Post by Alduin » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:32 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Dr. Mackeroth wrote:I outlawed mentioning that.. Particular OP vessel. I'll get Shiva to add it into the rules. Don't mention it again, I will delete posts. Same goes for general stupidity, I don't like it.
There was a bit of a debate about this a few months ago, if you recall, which ended with you briefly losing moderator powers. My position now is the same as it was then. That is, Sun Crusher Sun Crusher Sun Crusher. More so now, in fact, because neither you nor anyone else can simply decide to add something to the rules. There is a procedure for that, and any new rule must go through it. I am aware that yesterday I edited a half-dozen OPs to remove those thread emoticons, so this may seem somewhat hypocritical, but I believe that I am justified in opposing this in the strongest terms.
then we get to use those nice symbols until a law banning them is passed :D
Nickname:Emperor_Revan(and roleplay)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:28 pm

I'll stick with my OPERATION-QUASAR slip merging device for my huge DESTROY EVERYTHING weapon. :D
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:37 pm

I think I'd prefer to use my array to the fullest extent.
*Grabs Duna (it's Installation 00 covered in lots and lots of dirt then it merged with something looking like the deathstar) and Installation 01-12*
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:20 pm

Il stick with my Dimensioncrusher
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Dr. Mackeroth
Designer
Designer
Affiliation:Alteran

Post by Dr. Mackeroth » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:19 am

LJS: yes, you do seem a bit hypocritical. You're lucky I don't like those emoticons either, otherwise there would be some serious examples of poor moderator behavior.

Anyway.... I think we can have an arms race as a turn-based role-play. Someone starts off by saying action "x" (e.g. Creating a mine on planet Ermagherd), then the next faction responds. Someone (me) will adjudicate to prevent any turns being too OP, and we'll see how long we can last before going into total war!

I'll start: the Alteran Empire decides to colonize planet P-3372 as it is rich in calcium, a metal needed for the construction of our latest ships.
This is a signature.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:06 pm

Darthon launches 2 nuclear missiles from Bernand II at P-3372 as the colony threatens the underground research station placed in the center of a large calcium deposit.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:29 pm

NSCD begins preliminary construction for a dyson sphere around Sol-1178 minor
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler: