the Raider's story: chapters 6+7 are up!

Post yer RPs here.

Should I make pictures for the later chapters?

Stick to text, it's better
No votes
Put some pictures in, every other chapter
20%
One every chapter
20%
Loads per chapter
20%
Depends on what the chapter is about
40%

Total votes: 5

Ra1der Dr1verz
Cadet
Cadet
Affiliation:U.A.R.C.
IGN:Ep1cDr1verz
Re: the Raider's story !chapter 3!

Post by Ra1der Dr1verz » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:58 am

Chapter 4: 735,000 BSSF - Primitive Raiders
Spoiler:
Fast forward to 735,000 BSSF, and now the Raiders are in small groups called "Clans". This is similar to where in modern day we have friendship groups. Raiders have become the most deadly creature around and therefore have reached the top of the land food chain. Raiders can use their long bony claws to strike other animals however, it's not extremely efficient. These primitive Raiders think of something around 729,000 BSSF, the idea of using a piece of wood and some stick to make a pickaxe. The Primitive Raiders had just invented the first tool, a mere Wooden pickaxe to us, but to them, a whole new way of life. Coal was taken out of stone and the Raiders made torches, they used stone on the top of their pickaxes to make them better and stronger. Soon, the Raiders had all learnt that mining was the way to live, but they had forgot about the other creatures out there.

A bit of stone piled on top of a pile of sticks made a long sharp blade that was blunt at the edge however, using a piece of flint to scratch the end of the stone pieces made a new deadly tool for hunting, a sword. The Raiders had now harnessed natural resources to make the most deadly thing on the planet, capable of killing large animals if you stabbed right into their hearts. The raiders learnt where everything inside the other creatures were, making their knowledge for two things, hunting and healing, vastly better. The Raiders would now hunt herds of creatures at a time, more of a slaughter than a fight and the Raiders never ran out of fresh meat.

This was the way, Raiders believed, that the strong should live.
Fr0stbyte: We can't place minecart tracks on the ceiling. That would look ridiculous.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Re: the Raider's story: c4 is up!

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:50 am

Again, very well done, I think you got it in you to write a story, but don´t forget to become more detailed as you leave the prehistoric age, as written records will add to your information.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Ra1der Dr1verz
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Ra1der Dr1verz » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:09 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:Again, very well done, I think you got it in you to write a story, but don´t forget to become more detailed as you leave the prehistoric age, as written records will add to your information.
Thanks! I think the further along i go, the more interesting it is to write about history. I am going to enjoy the civilization part of this "book". As late as it may be (12:00 PM here) I'm probably going to write the next chapter. It'll be up shortly.
Fr0stbyte: We can't place minecart tracks on the ceiling. That would look ridiculous.

Ra1der Dr1verz
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Ra1der Dr1verz » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:46 pm

Chapter 5: 413,000 BSSF - The Raiders Hunt
Spoiler:
The raiders had now become so deadly to other species, that they were considered to be in a league of their own. Yes, to any other creature, seeing a Raider meant certain death. The raiders set out to do only one thing in life: Hunt. The Raiders would hunt day and night, taking shifts in their clans then returning to their home and letting another Raider go to join the others in the hunt. This is known as a "Tag-Team Theory". Tag-Teaming proved to be the most efficient way of hunting, and in way is still used in modern society today. Where as it was Raiders off hunting back then, it is now working shifts at your job and then someone taking your place after you've finished for the day.

Back to 410,000 BSSF and the Raiders are constantly hunting and bringing in food for their young, the other primitive creatures simply hoping that they don't ever run into a Raider. Smaller battles between more primitive animals occur, even in their own species but the Raiders see this as a barbaric and stupid move to make. The Raiders are now clever enough to understand that standing together is the only way to succeed. The problem is, the Raiders are so damn good at hunting and killing, they are killing off the creatures they hunt faster than the primitive creatures can reproduce and soon, the whole species of Raiders will enter a time of hunger and, in a way, poverty compared to what they were used to. This time will kill hundreds of Raiders and prove to be a striking blow from nature.

Ra1der Dr1verz
Cadet
Cadet

New stuff

Post by Ra1der Dr1verz » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:26 am

Chapter 6: 1300 BSSF - Mass Extinction
Spoiler:
The Raiders hit a problem in 1,300 BSSF which we call the "Time of Poverty". The now slightly more civilized Raiders were living in huge groups together, about 20 per group, and that big a population meant more food was needed. The Raiders had hunted so much without break, that the species they were hunting didn't have any time to have children. This caused the extinction of about 100 different species in that time of excessive hunting. Now, the Raiders had no food and so had to resort to what seemed like barbaric reasoning, the strong survive, the weak shall die.

Hundreds of Raiders died during this time, and strangely, so did all the other creatures. Now, the only animals alive were the slowly dying groups of Raiders. They were in trouble.
Chapter 7: 1200 BSSF - New Life Dawns
Spoiler:
Suddenly, something absolutely amazing and astounding happens: more sea creatures have been seen on land, therefore making new land life. The Raiders instantly hunt these new creatures but regulate how much of them they eat. This is how Raiders learnt to selectively breed and over time manage huge amounts of creatures. The kinds of creatures that emerged from the sea around this time evolved into what we concern as food for our modern day selves.

Thanks to this massive evolutionary stage, the Raiders were given a new chance at life and hunting. The Raiders now were in huge groups all working together co-operatively. Raiders no longer went on shifts but every other day, a scouting party would go out to feed the group. This time is known as the "Rebirth" period and is part of some religions as a way of justifying the existence of their deities.
Chapter 8: 900 BSSF - The Twenty-Seven Tribes of Raidus

COMING SOON

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: the Raider's story: c5+6 are up!

Post by Ivan2006 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:32 am

Well done!
It does get interesting now.
Achievement get: Environmental friendly! (1/1)
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Ra1der Dr1verz
Cadet
Cadet

Re: the Raider's story: chapters 6+7 are up!

Post by Ra1der Dr1verz » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:33 am

Although the last few chapters may have been lacking length, the next ones about civilization I am going to find extremely fun to write about. Also, new poll out in a second!

Ra1der Dr1verz
Cadet
Cadet

Re: the Raider's story: c5+6 are up!

Post by Ra1der Dr1verz » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:34 am

Ivan2006 wrote: Achievement get: Environmental friendly! (1/1)
I'm def putting this on my signature. XD

Ra1der Dr1verz
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Ra1der Dr1verz » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:11 am

COMING SOON

Ra1der Dr1verz
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Ra1der Dr1verz » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:05 am

Spoiler:
Let's jump ahead 300 years, the Raiders are back up to where they were before the time of Poverty. They now have twenty-seven huge groups all in existence. Each group is so big we can now call them "Tribes", about 300 Raiders per tribe. This makes a population of approximately 8100 Raiders alive at this point, which is now the size of a medium-sized town.

The tribes hardly know about each other and some tribes are far more advanced than others. Notably the tribes in the hilly/mountainous regions because they have had a significantly better chance of finding resources in the mountains instead of having to worry about underground creatures such as Menaces, Raidpfers and Arachnids. The tribes on the coast of the land mass known as Raidus had a significant food advantage from all the sea creatures. The tribes in the Great Forest had an advantage of more wood for building houses and minor tools. however, the two tribes in the desert were having trouble as they had no water and very little food. They were in severe hunger but they survived on bread and small amounts of meat. These two tribes joined together and marked the union of the first two tribes. This now single mega-tribe had 600 Raiders in it, and then proved to be just as successful as any other tribe.

The tribes soon grew and grew, making proper houses and villages and all life was like this until one Raider tribe built the first city.
Chapter 9: The Towns and the City

COMING SOON

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:01 am

Good.
Gust make it sound less like a religious text.
Again:
Achievement get!
Proper settlement!
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Ra1der Dr1verz
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Ra1der Dr1verz » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:47 am

Ivan2006 wrote:Good.
Gust make it sound less like a religious text.
Again:
Achievement get!
Proper settlement!
(insert spam bump message here to prevent this topic from going necro) I WILL WRITE SOMETHING SOON!!!

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:52 am

Ok just try to make it longer, I could compose all you wrote into 1 chapter :tongue:
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Ra1der Dr1verz
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Ra1der Dr1verz » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:30 pm

Iv121 wrote:Ok just try to make it slightly longer but apart from that, I was moved and amazed by your creation of a world. I am on the edge of my seat to see the next chapters! xxxx
Why thant you Iv, you might be as good as me someday (^-^)/
Spoiler:
I can take criticism...
Yeah, I know they aren't the biggest, I'm trying to make the more interesting ones more detailed. Might write the next one later on tonight.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:41 pm

Ra1der Dr1verz wrote:
Iv121 wrote:Ok just try to make it slightly longer but apart from that, I was moved and amazed by your creation of a world. I am on the edge of my seat to see the next chapters! xxxx
Why thant you Iv, you might be as good as me someday (^-^)/
Spoiler:
I can take criticism...
Yeah, I know they aren't the biggest, I'm trying to make the more interesting ones more detailed. Might write the next one later on tonight.
Yes, with time, Iv, even you can aspire to be as swell a writer as Ra1der!
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]