Tau Leonis

Post yer RPs here.
Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma
Re: Tau Leonis

Post by Professor Fenway » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:12 pm

Kayne sprung an internal alert when it was discovered that several systems had been bypassed. He could not identify the source due to magnetic scrambling, but he did find several critical security flaws in his hardware. He ran scans and found that they were placed there by an unknown program. Probably the chip from earlier. No matter. He removed these keys, scrambled the activation codes and keys, as well as rebooting his internal sensor net, and then ran a log on all accessed files. The translation program.

Now they can understand your insanity as if it were Chinese.

He pinged a message to the entire military presence and every ship in the system. He was requiring an updated security software and hardware, complete with manual locking mechanisms and lockout circuits throughout. There had been too many security breaches as of late, and these were long overdue. He applied his patch to the rest of the grid system and then began analyzing feeds from the sensor stations around the quarantine zone. Hyperspace and Subspace signatures have not yet faded, so it must still be blockaded. One of the sensors caught his eye as it reported a particularly large piece of the ship, not yet recovered. He sent a ship after it. Several minutes later, the sensor feed shifted and the blip disappeared.

Kayne contacted the ship, found that the blip was false, then analyzed the station. It picked up incredibly minute magnetic flux signatures during the time the blip was there. He found it consistent with jamming technology. He clicked, then created an optimized patrol routine for the military. Most of these stations were undefended or unmanned, so they are vulnerable to any kind of hacking. He scheduled bi-weekly checkups and maintenance for each station, and a patrol routine for the normally off-duty ships. He tweaked it until the visual and sensor ranges of each ship would cover 88% of the facility areas at all times. Any higher would incur too high fuel costs. He outlined plans for additional hydrogen extraction facilities and saved that to file.

He then got a report from the Dradis. It had analyzed a rather large machinery and computer bank recovered from the destroyed ship, and found it matching signatures of an FTL drive. He recommended further testing and experimentation and then began observing civilian freighter traffic. A rather large ship caught his attention as it meandered through the hub. The contents were shielded and unidentifiable, but access codes pointed to radioactive materials. He lost interest and began micro-managing reactor outputs in several bases.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:04 pm

Fenway, sometimes I wonder if you read my posts and connect them. The wurm(online)hole aliens used Polnium comps which exploded and their reactor too.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:55 pm

OOC: Or maybe it was a combination of that and the Virus thingy that has currently infected 89% of the system! Not you. Yet.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:51 pm

Well for me it is a kill switch ... Man that poor hip was attacked from like 3 different directions :[
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:24 am

*Piloting the freigther is the most dull thing ever. For him,of course. Trying to make it fast to each to the danm station,he accelerate the ship to the max speed!* - 40 meters for second is really fast,you know...*talking to himself,he dock the ship in the "le gentle silhoutte". A danm bad name for a civilian fuel station.*

This is the CP5603 waiting response,the cargo is here. Waiting in the dock 32 C.

*Some guard appear,following a strange man*

So...you are the one that ordered the cargo,hm?

* The man look at him with the cybernetic eye.He smiles in a "mad scientist manner" * =Indeed my friend,were is my package?

=Here it is *Will deliver the small holocron,containing some data*

-Well done...i think that your usefullness end here. You know much about this and,nothing personal,just business.

*The guards prepare to shoot at will,but being fast he slide to hide in the crates. The blasters begin to fire at him*

Danm,danm,danm,danm,danm,danm,danm,danm,danm!!! Where is my pistol,danmit??]
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:22 am

OOC: Are we really going to let this die?

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 am

OCC: Can we just let it hibernate? I don't want it to die, but I haven't been able to post lately, either.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:02 am

Professor Fenway wrote:OOC: Are we really going to let this die?
Yes we can ! Think next time before voting Obama now :tongue: (not like you'll have the chance but anyway). I will add something when I have time.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:33 am

I know I´m not in this RP, but what does Obama have to do with this?
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:27 am

Nothing, but yes we can let this die ... (I'm not going to explain the joke because it's pointless ...)

Also from now on Obama will be Nathan’s wingmate !

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:54 am

Thanks, Obama.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:13 am

He's trying to fix a broken country, give him some credit.

Hibernation mode active.