Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006
Re: FutureCraft RolePlay

Post by Ivan2006 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:26 am

both, methinks
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:26 am

Started, just post stuff whenever. As has already been done.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:07 pm

MQE Newsfeed, english edition

---After the mourning of our glorious Emperor, Udon Turik, has ended, his will has been announced, stating Jistri Nozud as the successor to the throne, with her coronation scheduled in 6 days.---

---The admirality has decided to rename the soon-to-be-launched dreadnaught "Winds of Athara" into "Spirit of Turik", to commemorate the deceased emperor.---

---Travel restrictions have been placed on the Baiphus-Spurn system, as the colonists on Baiphus have been affected by a bacterial infection that most likely arrived through human traders, and the colony has been put under quarantine. The Army Desaster Relief Division already has sent supplies and medical staff on-site.---
Quotes:
Spoiler:

DeadlyMiddie
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:The Orion Imperium

Post by DeadlyMiddie » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:52 pm

Imperator August Tellaeya has died of a heart attack due to the stress of leading. His will reveals his choice for the leader of the Imperium, his nephew Richard Williams. Imperator Williams' first act was to provide a funeral for the deceased Imperator. His second was to make a pivot toward civil economy and research, after so many years of military focus. He has made small military cuts, namely mothballing the 11th Fleet and re-purposing its personnel as guards for a new research facility being built in the Titus system.
Lead Me, Follow Me, or Get Out of My Way- General George S. Patton Jr.

Error

Post by Error » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:04 pm

"Lock acquired. Beam power flow is stable. Ready for test."

The weapons officer of the sleek destroyer quietly prowling the testing area rechecked his targeting settings as he waited. While the new equipmemt sounded good - plasma beams might be handy - he wasn't holding out much hope.

"Understood, Damocles. Target is in position. You are clear for test firing."

The officer exhaled slowly - briefly praying the beam generators wouldn't explode - and tapped the firing command.

A grating metallic sound echoed through the hull as the beam hit the target; the shields reisted only briefly before it bunched through and impacted the hull. The ensuing explosion cut the old frigate cleanly in half, sending debris spiralling away. Another tap sent two more shots out; easily bypassing what shielding was left, they hit the remaining sections, each of which went up with a satisfying explosion.

"Test one complete. Standby for test two."

As the comm offcer responded, Lieutenant Captain Moros grinned to himself. These new plasma beams could be fun.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:57 am

Error wrote:Physics should not be considered an all-powerful barrier. Inb4 Mercury.
Hey, my thing's people making stuff that doesn't jive with the lore. It's not even that hard.

Anyway, I can play around a bit since I don't have much esle to do. I'll use the Batiss Combine. Here's some mostly up-to-date info.

Crash course:

Capital: Batiel System, Mundesh, Kranah, Rakyeh

Batii make up most of Batiss' population, with some humans and other races sprinkled in.
There are three subspecies of Batii.
-Kranah: The most human-like
-Nae'hohna: The big ones
-Meirakeen: The small ones.

Batiss is made up of five states.
-Karesh is the largest and most powerful, progressive social capitalist. Kranah is the main demographic, has the highest human pop.
-Butik is the stratified, aristocratic foil to Karesh. Mostly Nae'Hohna.
-Karth is smaller, but the techy. Mostly Kranah.
-Merek is warlike and, though around the same size as Karth, produces the best soldiers. Mostly Meirakeen.
-Shihe has the largest territory and is mostly periphery, its import/export laws are slack at best and its militia is mostly privateers and mercenaries. Mixed demographics, Kranah is the majority.

Military Companies:
-Fueler-Havoc: Manufactures mostly vehicles. Leading producer of Mechs.
-Trilight: Ships and ship weapons
-Kaal Military Equip. Corp.: Minor house industry that produces everything from small arms to warships.

That covers pretty much everything except the history.
Spoiler:
First Era Expansion War (1760-1860)
The first expansion wars include all conflicts resulting from space exploration in the Batiel System and adjacent systems prior to the advent of second-generation Hyperslip Merge FTL drives. Habitable bodies in the Batiel system are scarce and colonies came at a huge price to the empire that established them. With Mundeshian resources quickly running out, functioning colonies became a nearly priceless commodity within the first decades of space exploration. Before the first FTL drives, most settlements were established on Dosh and Eiennen. It is generally accepted that those settlements were the theater of the first conflicts of the Expansion War. The advent of the Slip-Merge drive in ~1780, instead of alleviating the pressure of limited space, only magnified the conflicts. it was now cheaper to wage long-range war in the far reaches of the stellar plane and even on the barren worlds of nearby systems.

Unification War (1790-1822)
Conflicts in space quickly led to planetside war. Grudges and nationalistic tension on Mundesh between the five superpowers grew to all-out war. In 1789, several privately funded terrorist attacks were carried out against major cities in each of the five, as well as several smaller nations. Inevitably, the smaller nations were dragged into the conflict through alliances and imperialism. Karth was the first to use a nuclear weapon in 1815: a tactical fission bomb against a fortified Merek position. That was met by Merek's use of an augmented fusion bomb against a Karth city. Karesh then allied with Karth and detonated two fusion warheads in orbit over the Butik military capital. Aggression continued to escalate. By 1817, eleven strategic nuclear and 34 tactical atomic weapons were used in the Mundeshi theater by every superpower except for Shihe, which came to dominate the colonies in the far reaches of Batii space. The numerous smaller nations eventually recognized the threat of outright annihilation and, under the coordination of Shihe and Karesh diplomatic operatives, forged the Mundesh Batium (Unified Mundesh). The UM seized most nuclear stockpiles within the first year of its existence. Over the next three years, the UM pushed, militarily and diplomatically, Merek, Karth, Butik, and Karesh forces from the planet. The five nations retained a fraction of their original territory, the rest was taken by the UM conglomerate.

Second Era Expansion War (1860-1994)

The UM
The United Mundesh League: Mundesh Battium

Karesh Alliance
Formed in the decades following the first peripheral settlement by Shihe (~1760 AD) during the second era of the expansion wars, the Karesh Alliance was composed of Shihe, Karesh, and Karth.

Butik Alliance
The Butik alliance was a conglomerate of Butik, Merek, and several minor houses. It was formed prior to the Contact War (2194)
Now the History is covered. Of course, look to the link if you care enough to read everything else.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:03 am

Very slight problem with the link: It is inaccessible to anyone not in the SK:RP
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:52 am

Coolio. Velcome, comrade. Ve are most pleased to see you.

DeadlyMiddie
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:The Orion Imperium

Post by DeadlyMiddie » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:44 pm

Construction of the research facility is going well.

//ABOARD IMPERIAL SCOUT VESSEL ROMEO-8//
"Sir, we have some strange readings..." the sensor operator manipulated the controls to get a bearing and range on the contact.
"Put it on the monitor," the captain sat back in his chair and lit a cigar. He allowed alcohol and tobacco on his ship as long as there was no threat of a combat situation.
"Up on monitor... now."
The captain stared for a second, then asked, "what ring of hell did that thing come from?"

That thing was a twisted mass of metal that had painted ID numbers and other characteristics that suggested that it had once been a naval vessel, but was now warped beyond recognition.

"No life signs aboard, sir," the sensor operator said quietly. ID code says that it's the INV Chariton.
"Pull up the info on that vessel."
"Sir, most recent info states that the Chariton is a Daedalus-class cruiser that was lost in warpspace a few weeks before the Imperium War ended. It was never recovered or seen again... until now, I guess."

The captain took a long puff of his cigar, exhaled, then said, "Comms, notify Sector Command about this."

The comms officer did so. After a few minutes, he told the captain, "They've ordered us to ready weapons and remain in a holding pattern around the vessel. They also say to expect a Broadsword.

The captain stared, then muttered to himself, "What the hell have we gotten into?"
Lead Me, Follow Me, or Get Out of My Way- General George S. Patton Jr.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:52 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:Very slight problem with the link: It is inaccessible to anyone not in the SK:RP
Oh yeah forgot about that.

E: no spoiler in spoilers here

EE: http://fc-mod.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t= ... 697#p61697
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:51 pm

A point of light sparkled above the planet, from the light a large vessel appeared.

"Annnd... we have green light."

"Leave nothing alive."

A round of "Aye"s sounded.

-----

A moment ago, there was what now seemed like the apex of calmness, of peace, of security. Until the fire fell from above, razing everything and everyone. But, it was not swift, it was not over in an instant. Cities were not simply reduced to rubble, buildings falling few at a time. I watched from my apartment view as the towers around mine were blasted to pieces, debris flying everywhere, damaged buildings collapsing onto others. I was not there to watch as after our proud nation was finally routed when groups of what most would come to call 'demons' hunted us. And I was not there to watch as our entire race was eradicated from our home.

OOC: The only announcement anyone will be getting about them is that of a new mining world, by the way.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:54 am

[ZFS rescue ship Anyone who's dead raise a hand, Wyvern nebula]

"Still no contact?"
"Nothing, Ma'am. The ion storm is blocking all communications."

Captain Lisa Riverton let out an audible sigh. The ship had been patrolling the area surrounding a certain ion storm in sector 6 of the Wyvern nebula, in hopes of rescuing the miners trapped inside it, but hope was beginning to fade.
Right before the ion storm became inpenetrable, surveillance satellites picked up what looked like a group of damaged and somewhat deformed pirate ships heading for the mining facilities. Since neither the pirates or the miners could've left, the chances of the miners still being alive were slim.

"And you're sure there's no way through the storm?"
"Very sure, Ma'am. If we even get close to the storm, it will tear right through our shields and-"
The crewman just looked at his screen for a minute, as if he had noticed some unexplainable error he couldn't fix.
"It would seem an opening has just opened up right.. here." he pointed at a map of the sector.
"Is it large enough to get through?"
"Just large enough, Ma'am."

Captain Riverton turned to the navigation officer.
"A hole in the storm just opened up. Let's go through it before it's too late."
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Julo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by Julo » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:28 pm

The whole ship began to shiver. The three Proton-Impulse Engines were active.
"We have left the starport! I repeat, the 'Hope of Vyll' is now flying!"
The whole bridge crew stood up and applauded. After four years of construction, the first Generation class was now on it's way to leave the Trinity system and perform the first interstellar FTL voyage of the Mehandor.
Golt stood up, looked at the crew and said:
Today we write history, today we change our way of living, today we leave our home to spread the Federation of the Mehandor, Gurrads and Ocrivar. We have worked hard for this and shall not fail! It is our time to shine!
He paused for a moment to see the reactions of the people listening to him. He continued:
And we will shine! We will mix our holy light among the light of the stars, so the heavens may shine in a never ending light. Captain Haz, set course for Illad!
As you command sir!
The ship began to accelerate and ripped a hole into the universe.

Most scientists assumed that a voyage through a wormhole would not take longer than a nanosecond. The reality was different. The ship was shaken heavily while it seemed to ride on a wave of light and energy. Golt observed the process carefully, the shields of the vessel seemed to hold up but it would only be a matter of time before they would eventually collapse. Golt turned to the captain and shouted: "Haz, give me a report!"
The shields seem to hold up, but the ship is shaken around quite a bit, we have no structural issues, but the order to put on mag-shoes was a good thing, otherwise we might have some injuries.

Golt began to relax, it didn't go as the eggheads predicted, but it was close enough. Now they just had to get out of the wormhole and his reign would be sealed. After two minutes of flying through space they could not understand, the ship left the wormhole. There were no signs for it other than the lack of shaking. At first Golt didn't notice but when he looked at the hologlobe that showed the outside, it was black again and not filled with light.
The comms officer looked at Golt and reported, that scans were underway.
Golt stood up again to broadcast to the whole crew:
"We have made it! We are now the first people to ever reach Illad. The prophets have foreseen the day that we will reach the first home of the gods and their prophecy was true! WE will fulfill their prophecy and I shall lead you to our eventual place in the halls of the holy ones. This day shall be... Golt stopped and looked at the comms officer who seemed startled for some reason. He turned away and the broadcast ended. "What is going on?"
"Princeps, we have contact, I repeat we have an unknown ship on our sensors!
Golt was horrified. He looked at the crew and tried to say something but he couldn't. He took a few seconds to calm down and finally said:
Red alert! Raise the Laurin-Screen and prepare the FTL-Drive, we might have to high tail out of here!"
Golt went back to his command seat and hoped, that the other ship wouldn't be a hostile, at least until they had their FTL-Drive ready.

OOC:
While this is the first interstellar voyage of my faction, they do have quite advanced tech. The Laurin-Screen is a strong stealth field for example. Due to the lack of a natural moon, the Mehandor weren't interested in space travel for a long time and continued to expand on their own planet, researching new technologies and becoming very high-tech, until the first spaceship of the Gurrads reached their system, a sub-light ship with a nuclear pulse engine. Since this time they began to research space technologies and allied with the Gurrads, in order to expand even further. In the early days, they were limited to communicating with each other, until they developed FTL-Communications, which allowed them to visit each other by transferring their spirit from one place to another. Since then there has been a joint effort to create an FTL-Starship and the Hope of Vyll is the outcome of this project. It is quite big, but has no offensive firepower to speak of, only basic energy shields and the Laurin-Stealth field (which works very well, but takes some time to get into full effect).
Suddenly, Julo.
"This DOES NOT help!"

Error

Post by Error » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:49 pm

//CSV A Series Of Unlikely Explanations - Thaddis Manaan, 5,650 Light-years from Balcora//

"Commander, new contact. Unknown ship, bearing zero five seven, inclination negative zero zero five. Range, thirteen thousand. No emissions."

Commander Eloysis leaned forwards in his chair. "ID it, Lieutenant. Helm, new course; zero five five, declination zero zero five. Bring us within five hundred. Weapons, go hot syandby; bring the plasma beams online."

"Sensor sweep complete. Target is cold, no EM or thermal. Profile suggests a NeoRoman science vessel, but the computer can't confirm. It's too damn bright here to get a good visual." the sensor officer reported.

The commander frowned. "Ops, scramble the fighters and have them do a flyby; ready a cpmbat science team. Helm, bring us within visual range and hold."

Standing, he gestured his XO to take the conn and his science officer o fall into step with him. Taking a left, he followed the corridor down a deck and forward; a brief walk brough him to the observation deck.

Slapping a control on the wall, he winced as the lowering blast shield let the intense brightness of the Balcora Nebula in; turning a dial, he darkened the window and turned to watch.

The unknown hulk came slowly into view; it certainly looked NeoRoman, though he didn't recognize the design. Frowning, he watched the fighters and boarding shuttle launch. He spoke to his headset.

"Send a hyperpulse message to NAVCOM. We should get the 'Romans out here to maybe ID this beast."

//MESSAGE TO: NEOROMAN HIERARCHY, NAVAL COMMAND
//MESSAGE FROM: COMMONWEALTH STAR NAVY, NAVCOM

One of our vessels has located what appears to be a NeoRoman vessel in the Balcora Nebula. Corrdinates will follow; they've requested a NeoRoman ship rendezvous with them and identify the wreck. Request you dispatch a vessel if one is available.

//MESSAGE END

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:31 am

[ZFS rescue ship Anyone who's dead raise a hand, Wyvern nebula]

There was a tense silence on the bridge. The pilots were shut out in their own little sector; the last thing they needed was to be disturbed, or the ship could get too close to the ion storm and be torn apart.
After 3 minutes that felt like an eternity, the ship was clear of the storm, and ahead lay Wyvern Mining Base Alpha, a large, roughly octagonal space station which served as the center of command, processing, shipping et cetera for all the mining stations in the sector. It was painted with icons of a winged cogwheel, the logo of the many-faced Wikus corporation.

"The station itself seems to be mostly intact," noted a scanner operator, "only some light asteroid damage here and here. The station's long-range shields seem to have kept the storm away, good to know those things work."
"Any signs of the pirates?"
"Oddly enough, not so far. You would've expected-"
The scanner operator froze for a moment, and turned a shade paler than usual."
"What... what are those?"

The telescopes showed multiple medium-small craft that looked like they had been torn up by some space monster, and that were decorated with spikes, scrap metal, chains and similar.
"This is a bit much, even for pirates"
The captain nodded.
"Gunners to their posts. Prepare the droids, and notify the knight. We're moving in."
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW