Post yer RPs here.
Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006
Re: FutureCraft RolePlay

Post by Ivan2006 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:24 pm

The audience numbering in the millions suddenly fell silent, as the hovercar decorated in the flag and coat of arms of the MQE entered the final section of the road to the Imperial palace.
While it appeared to be open-top, it was commonly known that in reality, a powerful shield even capable of deflecting heavy starship artillery was protecting the passenger - Jistri Nozud, the new Empress.
While she had already been coronated, her acceptance speech was yet to follow.

When the convoi of her car and several military vehicles protecting her reached their destination, the crowd started chattering again, until the Empress appeared on the balcony and tapped on the microphone to be sure to have everyone's attention.

"First off, I want to thank my predecessor, Emperor Udon Turik - may his sould rest in peace - for selecting me as his succession."
(crowd cheering)
"Thank you, please calm down."
(cheering slowly dies off)
"Many of you may know me for my movement for more active foreign policy of our country, pushing for trade and cultural exchange with the Humans and Batii.
I am planning to continue this way, as Turik specifically asked me to in his will.
Furthermore, I will attempt to establish our nation as a peacebroker, acting as a mediator in conflicts."

she continued about a few other topics, but the foreign emmissaries attending had already stopped listening, the most important news for them had been dropped.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

DeadlyMiddie
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:The Orion Imperium

Post by DeadlyMiddie » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:59 pm

The captain of Romeo-8 watched as the Broadsword battlecruiser warped into the area. The comms officer patched the following transmission to the bridge speakers: This is Rear Admiral Frost of the Imperial Navy. Prepare to be boarded by a squad of shocktroopers. After they board, you are to do as they ask and remain in a holding pattern around the derelict. Frost out.

Half of the captain's cigar dropped out of his mouth; the other half was clamped in his teeth. When he finally spoke, he said, "Alright, boys, you heard what he said. Just play it cool."

Frost turned in his command chair to face the complement of shock troops that was on the bridge. "Begin boarding operations of the derelict. The group of you boarding Romeo-8 will order them to transmit all the data they have on it, the expunge it from their computer." A chorus of "Yes, sirs." filled the bridge, then the sound of armored feet jogging out replaced it. Frost turned back to gaze out the window.

Imperator Williams began a broadcast to the citizens of the Imperium from his office in the Imperial Palace:

Citizens of the Imperium... A new era has dawned for our nation. The economy is on an upturn, the galaxy is at relative peace... The Imperium has never been stronger! I will ensure that together, we will stay that way!
Lead Me, Follow Me, or Get Out of My Way- General George S. Patton Jr.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:48 pm

Within hours of receiving the Novan's message the NeoRoman Destroyer Edge of Existence jumped in next to the space wreck. It's turrets automatically locked onto the Novan ship before being disengaged with proper IFF data, instead locking onto the floating derelict. Acting Captain Victor Hallix took the head console and looked over the streaming sensor reports.

"Database search yielding nothing sir," said an operator behind him. "No data on the ship. It's definitely NeoRoman though. We received an IFF squawk from it."

"Interesting," replied Victor. "Does the database search include Class one classification?"

"No sir, but we don't have access to it." Victor sighed.

"Prepare boarding operations." Victor brought up the communication channel and opened up to Commander Eloysis. "We've done a sweep of our database and we don't have any data on the ship, but we did get an IFF squawk back from it so it's definitely ours." The Destroyer maneuvered to be alongside the hulk and magnetically grappled on.
Last edited by Professor Fenway on Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:57 pm

Uhm, maybe you've gotten confused a bit, but I think you should reread Julo's and Error's posts.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:51 am

OOC: eh, let's just leave it at "the ship appearing in Novan space was not the Mehandor vessel"

BIC:
The Destiny's gateway had been running routine partol runs, when a sudden FTL flash appeared out of nowhere.
Investigating its source, a fading ship signature was revealed.
It immidiately moved closer, getting into visual range while notifying fleet command.

As it got into range for more detailed scans, it was revealed not to be of any known design, a piece of information that would find its way onto the desk of the newly coronated Empress within mere minutes.

The Destiny's gateway began contacting the intruder, sending it the following message in all known languages on both all available radio frequencies and via laser morse:
"This is the Destiny's gateway, an Athara-class patrol vessel of the Second Perimeter Security Fleet. State your identity and intent."

Meanwhile, a few nearby frigates and a destroyer were on-route to assist should the intruder open fire.

OOC: your move, Julo.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:36 am

[ZFS rescue ship Anyone who's dead raise a hand, Wyvern nebula]

The ship docked with the mining station, the airlock opened, and out walked a group of robots, roughly humanoid but bulkier and lacking heads. The robots were followed by a huge mass of metal, a Zuguthian knight in not-so-shining power armor, who was wielding a heavy plasma repeater. Knight Kim of the Zuguthian Armed Forces was flanked by two other non-robotic soldiers (although not has heavily armored), droid commanders Jefferson and Martinez.

The highest ranking, Kim took command.
"Jefferson, I want you and your droids patrolling the outer ring of the station, half of them in one direction, the other half in the other direction. Make sure they check inside rooms and escape pods. Martinez, you, me and your droids search the inner parts of the station."
Jefferson and Martinez both gave an almost simultaneous "Yes, Sir", before sending two dozen metal feet echoing through the hallways.

- - - -

[Droid Cmd. Amanda Jefferson's patrol, Wyvern Mining Station Alpha, Wyvern nebula]

No sound came from the station, other than the clang of metal feet against a metal floor.
"Can't believe it took until the Mark V for these things to get rubber padding for their feet.. can't wait to upgrade.."
"-I apologize for our noisyness, Ma'am. In our defense, this station could really use those rubber mats with holes in them meant to make the floor appear cleaner, which have the added benefit of making non-padded metallic feet sound less.-"
"Well, that's the Wikus corporation for you. They cheap out on the little things. I guess for such a large company it saves a lot of money, but still, I don- holy shit is that.... oh my god."

Jefferson stared at the body on the floor of the escape pod. She had seen dead people before, numerous accounts of them, but none like... this."
"Jefferson to Kim and Martinez, Jefferson to Kim and Martinez, do you copy?"
"Kim here, we copy. You found anything, Jefferson?"
"I.. I think I found one of the miners."
"Is he or she all right? Do you need medical supp-"
"I think he... or she.. is way past medical attention."
"I see. Can you find a match in the personell records? Find out whose body you found?"
"That's a negative, Sir. There's not much left to match to.. anything."
"What do you mean, Jefferson?"
"I mean it's hard to match giblets, blood, and meat puree to anything."
"Oh my god. Jefferson, stay put, we-"
"Kim? Sir? Kim, Martinez, come in. Martinez do you copy? Hello?"

- - - -

[Droid Cmd. Alfred Martinez and Knight Kim Lin Su's patrol, Wyvern Mining Station Alpha, Wyvern nebula]

No sound came from the station, other than the low hum of the central reactor, the clang of metal feet against a metal floor, and the clomp of huge and heavy metal feet against the same metal floor.
"This room is clear, too, Sir. Still no trace of the miners."
Kim sighed.
"The miners are probably in a safe room somewhere. If only we knew where it was.."
"We don't have the schematics for the station?"
"Sadly, no. Most large structures, be they mining stations or opera houses or schools, have a sort of data safe containing the schematics, only accessible to the right authorities, like us, for this very reason. The Wikus corporation, however, always cheaps out on the little things. They probably thought they wouldn't need it, as if they were magically protected from accidents or something. No wonder the government chose to work with the Atlas corporation instead.."

"Jefferson to Kim and Martinez, Jefferson to Kim and Martinez, do you copy?"
Martinez looked up at the knight.
"Jefferson. You think she found something?"
"Probably. Hang on. Kim here, we copy. You found anything, Jefferson?"

As the conversation progressed, the scanners in Martinez' helmet picked up life signals, coming their way.
"Sir, I'm detecting-"
"Hold on, Martinez, this is quite important. What do you mean, Jefferson?"
"Sir, this is important too. I'm- ..Sir?"
Kim's face turned several shades paler.
"Oh my god. Jefferson, stay put, we're coming to- ah shit, I think my comms died. What were you trying to tell me?"
"Sir, I'm detecting life signals coming our way. It could be the miners, but it could also be the pirates, so keep your guard OH MY GOD LOOK OUT!!"

Some sort of hidden roof-mounted improvized ballista sent a huge metal spike right into the knight, going straight through his shields and sending him flying several meters backwards.
"Ah, that hurt a little. I don't think it went all the way through the armor, but it's deep enough that I can't get up. Martinez, call your droids back and... Martinez, behind you!"
Two.. possibly people, dressed in ragged clothes and with bits of scrap metal as armor, ran towards Martinez from behind. He raised his laser carbine to try and shoot them, but one of them knocked it out of his grip. The other ripped his helmet off, and drove a finger-mounted knife into the soldier's neck. While the second.. thing mutilated Martinez corpse, the first one, and a few others who had just arrived, started walking towards the helpless power-armored knight.
Kim tried to reach for his weapon, but it was too far away. He started crawling towards it, dragging the huge metal spike along, muttering to himself that if he survived this, he would never forget the suit-mounted weaponry ever again.

[EDIT:] That got... longer than planned. Sorry.
Last edited by Archduke Daynel, PhD on Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:09 am

[The ship that A Series Of Unlikely Explanations and Edge of Existence are poking isn't in Novan space; it's within the nebula/gas cloud near Sagittarius A* (termed Balcora here).]

- - -
As the NeoRoman destroyer appeared, both vessels exchanged IFF and sensor data. Watching the Edge of Existence move in, Commander Eloysis tapped his earpiece. "Helm, move us in, opposite side of the derelict. Transmit the location of our science team, and their progress, to the NeoRomans."

"Yes, sir."

Turning, he made his way back to the CIC. Taking his chair, he nodded at the comms officer. "Get me a link to the Edge of Existence."

The man nodded, indicating the channel was open. Eloysis raised his voice slightly. "NeoRoman vessel Edge of Existence, this is the destroyer A Series Of Unlikely Explanations. Thanks for getting out here so fast. Any idea what this thing is?"

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:24 am

[I'm poking the derelict the Novans found--not the other ones.]

In other news, the Hierarch has announced a new project--the construction of an orbital research facility over Gavin-III. This facility will serve as the hub for all military research and will employ millions...

Victor Hallix shook his head at Eloysis--then realized the comm-link was not visual. "It's one of ours, we got an IFF squawk from it, but past that no clue," he said through the channel. "It's profile matches a science ship. Parts of the nebula don't interact well with unshielded ships, so my guess is that its either ancient, the captain was idiotic, or both."

Error

Post by Error » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:26 pm

"Hm." Eloysis tapped a finger on his command console. "If it's a science ship, maybe they were here poking the accretion disk and got hit by somsthing. We can't see any signs of weapon or other impacts... but our science team is reporting burned out systems everywhere."

- - -
Today, the Navy announced their most recent addition to the arsenal. Officially designated CVX-9A Directed Thermo-Kinetic Weapons, most spacers have already started using the term plasma beam to dezcribe them. Tests indicate these weapons are quite powerful; as such, the Navy is taking some pains to fit them to all active ships quite quickly.

Julo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by Julo » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:46 pm

OOC: Sorry it took me a while, I guess I am in Ivan's space now.

Everything on the bridge was quiet. They received communications from the opposing ship, but had no clue what to do with them. The linguistic section tried to decode it, but it was a language they've never encountered. Golt had to make a decision now. He contacted the FTL team: "How's the status of the generators?"
The officer on the screen was an Ocrivar, he sounded very annoyed that the laymen from the bridge wanted to know something about his work: The 'generators' are still cooling down, we told you that it would be better to start with no aggregates running, but you...
Golt stopped him and asked: "How long will it take before we can jump again?"
"I don't know, it could be hours, maybe a day or two, maybe...
Golt interrupted him again: So not anytime soon, thanks.
The Ocrivar ended the connection. Golt shook his head, Ocrivar were way too vain for their background. He looked at the other ship, it was better armed for sure, the Hope of Vyll stood no chance in combat.
He looked over to the Gurrads that were maintaining the Laurin Screen. He took a second and made a decision. "Team Laurin, can you initiate the field now?
Of course, we have identified the sensors of the other ship, we could initiate the second stage of the Laurin-Effect.
Golt then contacted the engine room: "Can we use the Proton-Impulse-Drives?"
A positive response came.
He opened channels to all needed sections and explained his plan.
"First we will activate the Laurin Screen and get off their sensors. Once this has happened, we will activate the holo-emitters around the ship to escape visual detection. The Laurin team will then use our emissions to fool the enemy sensors into thinking, that there is another ship, a Warmonger class, approaching in an attack pattern. During this phase we will start the engines and get away from here as fast as possible. I hope that we have gone far enough to not be picked up by their sensors before they uncover our decoy and we decloak. We will initiate the maneuver on my mark."
He counted down in his head: 3, 2, 1,
Now!
Two seconds later the engines began to roar and a holographic decoy was displayed in open space.
"Lets hope this works."
Suddenly, Julo.
"This DOES NOT help!"

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:23 pm

Only a space squid would avoid first contact by faking aggression.

The captain of the NR boarding team breached the door into the bridge, where they found the Novan science team fiddling with the consoles. They were all still dark. "Burnt out?" he asked.

"Seems like it," one of the team responded. The captain holstered his pistol and approached the central console--they were usually the toughest--and moved one of the Novans aside. He crouched down under it and removed the titanium panel, revealing a highly organized mess of wiring and circuitry. In the center was a small black cube--the data core for this console. He extracted it and placed it in his pack. "We'll analyze this, see what we can recover." He turned away and was interrupted by his headset. He touched his hand to the side of his head. "Captain here, report."

"Existence two here, we breached the main research chamber," squawked the other end.

"And?"

"We found what looks like a weapon prototype. No data on it, no notes. It still seems operational." A minutes pause. "We're bringing it back. Might have something to do with the ships disappearance."

"Any corpses?"

"No sir. This is a ghost ship."

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:05 am

At first the plan of the Mehandor went very well, except when they decloaked, the area was filled with warships of all sizes searching the area.

Boarding craft were dispatched to enter the intruder and find out who sent them.

In the meantime, the tabloids were going wild over whatever-was-going-on, with the lack of an official explanation for the sudden cohesion of large parts of the Second Perimeter Security Fleet driving their imagination.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:29 am

<\ TRANSMISSION BEGIN; DESTINATION: MACAI;
<\ "The Hexalani Council would be very quite gracious to know the reason for the very abrupt coagulation of your Second Perimeter Security Fleet, in the interest of continued galactic peace, of course.
The Council would like to make it clear, however, that they are respectful to the protection of national security, and understands that full disclosure may not be possible.

- Shondara IV Governor Dashti Riko"
<\ TRANSMISSION END;
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:18 am

>>>message from MQE to Hexalan<<<
We are having an incident regarding border security as of now.
We are still working on determining the exact scale and significance to galactic diplomacy of the incident.
>>>end of message<<<
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:09 am

"Hallix, Eloysis. My team reports you're taking something off the wreck; want us to keep searching? We've tried CIC and engineering control, but we've not searched storage, crew quarters, or cargo bays."

- - -
[meta, yo]
A pair of Prowlers have been dispatched to Balcora, under stealth, to conduct a search for more wrecks.
[/end the meta]