FutureCraft RolePlay

Post yer RPs here.
cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Re: FutureCraft RolePlay

Post by cats » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:42 am

Batiss Periphery, Shihe sector.

Iedrae of Mered was an old, scarred Hadn III class frigate with an old, scarred veteran CO. The ship, for the most part, was in relatively good shape. It had recently undergone an interior renovation (not that it was any less cramped than before) and had been refitted with some newer reactor cores. Commander Irohoy, however, wasn't as well off. The meirakeen had lost the better part of her left side in combat a few decades ago. The medics salvaged what they could of her internal organs; ran wetware for a prosthetic arm, leg, and eye; and replaced nearly half of her skull with plastic and electronics. But they couldn't fully repair the damaged portion of her brain. She was honorably demoted from captain to commander, given a mass-produced medal, and assigned to a peripheral patrol ship.

The crew of Iedrae of Mered was otherwise completely unremarkable.

Nas'Shan Karied pulled himself out of a daydream in order to stop an incessant beeping coming from the communications console. "Maam, transmission coming in from Central."

"On my screen." the Commander said with the slur that accompanied most of her sentences. She swiped her hand over the monitor and a static image of an admiral appeared on one of the forward screens.

"Commander, this is Admiral Chas Kria. The Board has reviewed some released reports from the NRH and the Novans. The wreckage of an NR ship was found in Commonwealth space and demolished. A minor incident, but there are a few discrepancies in the reports we'd like to investigate, most notably one gravitational anomaly in the NR ship's sensor records. Iedrae of Mered is the closest vessel to the enclosed location. Specifics are being sent with this message. You are to make yourself known to any vessels in the area and perform a cursory scan around the debris field.

There are also some Z Federation reports of odd cosmic behavior near a mining colony in the Wyvern nebula. The Combine and Fueler-Havoc have some interests there. We're assembling a small team to assist the Zuguthian and corporate rescue efforts. Your ship will be part of that team, so you'll be making a pickup of a few rescue personnel. End transmission.
" The image of Admiral Kria remained on the screen for a few seconds after the recording ceased.

Irohoy cleared her throat, "Send a confirmation back to central, Karied. Watts, set a course for Novan territory."

"Yesam." The human said, tapping at the nav screen.

Karied pressed a few buttons. "Confirmation away, Commander."

=====================================================

MQE Capital

Ambassador Kaal-Ura Adani did his best to look stoic as he boarded his car and prepared for another day of meetings and diplomacy.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Julo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by Julo » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:57 pm

Another message arrived.
This time the linguistic team translated it in under half an hour.
"You have crossed our edge and evaded our guardians. We will send a boarding gang to your vessel to endorse your intentions while we wait for the diplomatic brigade to arrive," Golt read aloud when the translation came. The captain of the Hope of Vylla was sitting in the conference room as well. Golt looked up from the message and said: "They're getting better at this, they completed the translation very fast and it sounds pretty good, Hon"
Hon replied: "They should be done with the language soon and our hypno-school is back up and running again."
He was right, three hours later, one hour before the inspection of the boarding troops, Golt went to the school to learn the basics of the new language.
When the boarding team arrived, he could speak it with a slight accent, but good enough.
Suddenly, Julo.
"This DOES NOT help!"

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:04 pm

- - -
CSV A Series Of Unlikely Explanations
Balcora Sabbah, approximately 5,200 LY from Sagittarius A*

"Commander, new contact. Batiss frigate, and an old one. Three five three, declination zero zero four. Range five thousand."

Eloysis leaned back in his chair, musing quietly. "Continue search pattern. Tell the geeks they've got an hour before I jump us to location three."

Acknowledgements bouned around the bridge as the destroyer continued drifting along its course, bright gas clouds of Balcora Sabbah surrounding it.

- - -

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:17 pm

OOC: @Julo before we continue, I need some information about your race; what do the look like, and would humanoids be able to breathe their atmosphere?
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank

Post by CommanderKobialka » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:36 pm

Empire name: Kobialka Collaborative Corporations of the Milky Way Galaxy, or the KCC.
Race: Human and Reshians. Reshians are often compared to elephants, and gorillas. They resemble the Elcor from Mass Effect and can breathe in oxygen rich atmospheres.
We are a corporatocracy made up of many corporations which hold monopolies on their respective products.
We are very hostile toward anyone who shows "anti-capitalist" tendencies.
Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!

Error

Post by Error » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:48 pm

Added to Da List.

CommanderKobialka
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:White
IGN:Nevank

Post by CommanderKobialka » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:05 pm

---Start Transmission---
Hello and good morning to you, citizens of the KCC, from Marco Broadcasting. It's been an excellent year for the Collaborative Corporations. Our nation's people set a new all time high for amount of money made per citizen, on average in July and hasn't dropped from the new record more than 0.5% since then. Unemployment is hovering at a steady 2%. Records were set all across the board. Al-Tami-Tami set the all time record for number of downloads in a 6 month period of her new rap album: Gl0ree 2 the St8. This year was our first year ever to settle more than one solar system, tripling previous numbers. We settled Lamed 95, Khaf 95, and Kaf 95. Wow!

Here with us now is the man in charge of the colonization of Lamed 95. Good morning, Steve!

Steve: Sure.

Steve could you tell our viewers what made such a feat possible?

Steve: Who you should be asking is Yod 7 Agriculture. They're the ones with the food. They give me the people to colonize these systems with. The people are randomly selected. I just do my job.

Thank you Steve! Wow, what a job! It must never get boring going out and exploring new worlds! This marks the end of our good morning transmissions! Remember Gladiator Home Appliances is having a sale on refrigerators this month! 25% off on everything without a mini fusion reactor!
---End Transmission---

"Andy. Make sure that Steve fellow isn't in the final cut. What a downer. Film something else to fill his 20 seconds." Caliim turned around, walked out the door, then, remembering something, stopped and jerked himself back through before the doors shut. "Oh yea, and I forgot Marco approved the KNI proposal to broadcast the pledge of allegiance every morning transmission so... Make sure that gets in there." Caliim took a step out the door and almost let the door shut all the way behind him, but put his arm in the way at the last second. "Dang it. Sorry. He doesn't want any more news on the rebels by the way. He knows they're almost non-existent now but the Security Council doesn't think those scum are worth the broadcast time."

"Yes boss."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Corren was the CEO of Yod 7 Agriculture. He was a quiet man, but managed to convince the the KCC member corporations of the importance of agriculture in... well... everything, and with a speech and buying a few votes he was able to get himself into one of the three positions in the KCC Security Council. The other two positions were held by Marco Broadcasting, the propaganda arm of the Collaborative, and Kobialka Naval Industries, KNI, the military industrial complex.

The elite had lived separate from the rest of the empire for several hundred years and had developed it's own culture around wealth and power, so when Corren watched the morning broadcasts targeted at the middle class citizens of the nation, it made him almost sick. He and probably most of the other people in positions of power like his, heads of corporations, bankers, etc. felt they were much smarter than the rest of the population and in many ways that was the truth. The people of the KCC were stupid. Of course, Corren knew a lot about that. After all, he was in charge of the food.

He'd approved chemicals in the food that would significantly reduce the nation's IQ. Of course him and everyone else with enough money was fed something entirely different. The rest of the population accepted their public education provided them by Jabesh Education and took their political opinions from celebrities who were all slaves to the money paid to them by Marco Broadcasting to say what they were told.

Corren was considered odd among the other CEOs and rich folk. He hated everyone he knew for allowing him to poison the population, but he didn't hate himself for doing it. He told himself it was for the greater good but was astonished by the lack of morals from the other leaders. At times he realized this, but the depression it caused never lasted more than an hour. His pills from Med+ took good care of that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kobialka III was the CEO of Kobialka Naval Industries, just like his father, and his grandfather had been. He was approaching his 65th birthday, which, in middle class years was about 40. People like him lived twice as long as the average Human or Reshian. His money made sure of that.

Kobialka was the wealthiest man in the Collaborative Corporations, and that might as well have meant he ruled them. He was head of the security council, which meant he had the final say in pretty much everything. It was a flawed part of the system that he tried not to bring too much attention to, but that he still took advantage of.

When his father died and the corporation was handed over to him, he remained captain of the Manhattan, the first and only Super-Dreadnought Class ship: battleships over 3 miles long, but made himself Supreme Admiral of the fleet. Super Dreadnoughts were much too expensive to be taken down, so the two new ones, which were still in the design phase, were going to be built completely different from the first, so that if the Manhattan was ever discovered to have a weakness, it couldn't be used against the others. In fact, Kobialka was heavily involved in the designing of one of them. He felt that with his first hand knowledge of the capabilities of the Manhattan, he could provide valuable instruction.
And that about sums up everything you need to know about the security council of the KCC. They operate almost completely separate from each other, and communicating and making deals with one security council corporation, does not necessarily mean the others will find out...
Throw the commies in the drink so my country can be free!

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:22 pm

"We are pleased to announce the acquisition of Goros V, which will be host to several new mining facilities."

It had taken some time, but the remnants of the local populace had finally been eradicated, and their materials recycled.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:18 am

Oh boy, Kobialka is going to butt heads with NeoRome very fast.

Error

Post by Error » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:26 am

not just butt heads, collide with head-on.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:34 pm

[Zuguthian Armed Forces Grand General offices, Capital City, Zuguth]
[A week after the events at Wyvern Mining Base Alpha]

A secretary entered the briefing room of the grand generals, with all but one grand general sitting at the round table, two of whom were represented by holograms.
"Ladies, gentlemen, as you.. uhm, where is general Wesson?"
"She's sick," said one of the generals, an old man with a bushy mustache. "Do go on."
The secretary cleared his throat.
"Uh.. right. As I was saying, I have gathered you here to inform you of the death of a Knight, and of a message we just recieved, origining from the Wyvern nebula."
Another general spoke up.
"Is this really worth the time of the grand generals? The people in charge of everything going on in the entire Zuguthian military?"
The secretary cleared his throat once more.
"Well, with all respect, ma'am, we're not currently at war with anyone, which would mean You are not doing that much at the moment... am I right?"
The grand general mumbled something under her breath, and motioned to the secretary to proceed.
"Besides, I believe you would be interested in the message."
The secretary pressed a button on his tablet, and a holographic message started playing on the briefing table.

- - - -

"This is captain Lisa Riverton of the rescue ship Anyone who's dead raise a hand. Our mission is to patrol sector 6 of the Wyvern nebula, and to attempt to rescue the miners of Wyvern Mining Base Alpha, run by the Wikus corporation. The mission has gone.. horribly wrong. First of all, I would like to report the deaths of Droid Commanders Amanda Jefferson and Alfred Martinez, and of Knight Kim Lin Su. I would also like to report the deaths of several crew members of this ship, but I don't think...
*a scrieching noise could be heard in the background*
"..I don't have the time. I'm sending out an AI satellite with this message on it, broadcasting for anyone who can hear. I hope this satellite finds its way out of the storm, and that the message reaches Zuguth. The mining base is overrun by... I don't know what. Their ships have pirate markings, they look human, but... jesus fucking christ they are fucking insane. It's like they've entirely lost their minds, and gone feral or something. Their ships look torn apart and are covered in spikes and burnt corpses and... and they fucking killed the knight. I mean, I know it wasn't the best knight, and I know he wore the worst power armor we ever made, but still.. they tore him to shreds. They were carrying the corpses when they boarded the ship, and I wouldn't have recognized them if it weren't for the bits of power armor. I can hear them approaching me, and I know I'm a dead woman, so my last words are these: STAY. THE HELL. AWAY."

- - - -

"Pirates? Killing a knight? I'm sorry, but this is obviously a fake, made by some teenagers who don't have anything better to do."
The secretary cleared his throat yet another time.
"I'm sorry, Sir, but I'm afraid the message bears Zuguthian military signatures. It's authentic."
"Besides, I know of this knight Kim. He has been thrown out of the army five times for incompetence. I'm not 100% certain how he gets back in, but I believe his father is a high-ranking officer in charge of recruiting. In addition, Kim never got a chance to upgrade from the C-6 power armor. My conclusion is therefore that it is entirely possible for these pirates to have killed him, if they indeed were as vicious as the message has us believe."
"The C-6? The one that sacrificed key structural components, jump jets, and internal gyros for cup holders and an iCore dock?"
"That should be the one, yes."

"That settles it. The rescue mission to the Wyvern nebula encountered bandits turned crazy in whatever way, let's call them, say, psychos, who killed the knight and the droid commanders. I propose we send more ships to investigate, with proper knights dressed in proper power armor. Perhaps even a Paladin. All in favor?"
The majority of the grand generals raised their hands.
"Very well. Someone open a line to the stellar navy."
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Julo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by Julo » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:18 pm

Faction: Trinity Federation/Federation of the Mehandor, the Gurrads and the Ocrivar

Government form: Single Ruler Federation

Gov. description: A single ruler is elected, who will stay the ruler, until he dies or is disempowered by the people. If he doesn't give his power away, he is dishonored, which also removes all of his power. The people can influence the decisions via the "Voice of the people", a program, that collects the opinions of the people and tries to find the strongest opinion of the people.

History: The Mehandor don't have not many records of their history. What is known is mostly carried over from generation to generation. The few facts that are available before the time of the great reunion are as follows: They once were a species divided into many nations and conflicts were unavoidable. Another fact is, that they only had one great war, that was won by the nation that founded the Mehandor Union. They started the war and quickly conquered large parts of their continent. It only took them five years to unite the entire planet. Since this time there have been more records of history, describing the technological advancements of the Mehandor Union and their peaceful life. Although the people of the Mehandor Union had very high living standards, there came a time of great depression. This was not because everything was going badly, but because it was going too well. The Mehandor had accomplished anything they could think of and had nothing to do. Due to the lack of a natural moon, the Mehandor had never thought of reaching for space, nor leaving their planet. This is the point a religious group, called the "Prophets" began to encourage the Mehandor to reach for the stars. Then something happened that changed the Mehandor forever. They met the Gurrads. The Gurrads were a race, that lived in the neighbor system of the Mehandor. During the time of the great depression of the Mehandor, they had reached their highest point yet, they had built their first interstellar vessel, still a sub-light craft, but able to reach the Vylla system. Since this time, the Mehandor and Gurrads have worked hard to a) reach each other not just by communicating with each but meeting each other physically and b) to conquer the stars together. For this purpose, the Mehandor created the Ocrivar, a cyborg race, which they created from their basic AI technology and a species on their planet, which were already called Ocrivar. These beings were the engineers of the Mehandor, who were the scientists. They created a way to travel to each others systems by transmitting their memories and DNA code and then producing a perfect clone, which could be stored and reused, when the original user travelled from one system to the other. After two decades, they discovered the Wormhole FTL drive and built the Hope of Vylla and the Curiosity of Skijlt, the ship of the Gurrads, which is still under construction.

Race:
Mehandor
Spoiler:
Habitat: Arid/Desert Environments

Anatomy: Humanoid, raw-boned, about 2.3m tall,

Life Cycle: 1-2 years infancy 3-5 years childhood 5-20 years adolescence max lifespan 120 years, avg. 115

Diet: They eat what they can find, but are preservative.

Psychology: Very focused on the survival of a group. Can get bored very easily.

Social Structure: The Mehandor are very loosely tied together by a caste system, which divides them into the worker caste, engineers who want to build, farmers who produce food and many other small, but vital jobs, the creative caste, which is dedicated to bring joy and information to the Mehandor, the science caste, which consists of researchers, adventurers and prophets and the political caste, which is the smallest one, but serve and help the Princeps, who rules in the Federation.

Gurrads:
Spoiler:
Name: Gurrads

Habitat: Terran planets

Anatomy: They look a bit like black panthers, walk on four legs, but have small "arms" where there would normally be an ear, however, this "arm" is equipped with hearing organs. They also have a hand at their tail.

Life Cycle: Infany 1-6 years, Childhood 6-10 years, adolescence 10-20 years, max lifespan 180 years, avg. 160

Diet: They mainly eat meat, however, they can also eat plants, but their mouth is made to kill their prey and then eat it.

Psychology: They are very focused on achieving their goals, are mostly lone wolfs, but can stick together when needed.

Social Structure: The Gurrads always tried to get off their planet and grew together for this purpose. They once had a very strict political system, which lasted until the Trinity Alliance was founded. Today they live without a law, but with an unwritten moral code. If somebody wants to build, develop, or change something he can try to convince others to help him.
Ocrivar:
Spoiler:
Habitat: Arid/Desert planets.

Anatomy: They are small, humanoid and very compact. They have a rather flat head with three eyes, which grant them a 360° vision. They have two arms with hands that have 6 fingers, each of them can be used as a thumb. Their implants are no longer visible, as they are integrated beneath the skin. There are no males or females, they can not reproduce without technological methods.

Life cycle: Infancy 1-2 years, childhood 3-4 years, adolescence 4-8 years, max lifespan 80 years.

Diet: Mostly plants and nutrient fluid, however there have been reports of Ocrivar eating meat, which resulted in an upset stomach.

Psychology: They are dedicated to work, as this is the purpose they were created for. They still have an implant that makes them feel good, once they've completed a task. In the last five decades they have been developing a very good understanding of their position and are on the same mental level as a Mehandor now, which has given some individuals the possibility to get into the science caste. But most of them are still very submissive.

Social structure: Due to their submissiveness they usually find someone to work for and stay with him. However they seem to be able to develop friendships and lasting relationships, which they show by working together and meeting after work. But they try to stay out of sight of the Mehandor after their work is done, so there is not much known about Ocrivar relations. Ocrivar do have a very positive relation to their master/employer, especially, if they can do many tasks that go by really fast. Because Ocrivar have no gender, it was often thought, that they would all behave the same, but recently there seems to be a notable difference between one group of Ocrivar and another. Some interpret this as a psychological gender they have learned from their masters.
Technology:
The Trinity alliance has very advanced stealth technologies, which serve as their primary defensive system, the shields around their ship are only strong enough to shield the ship from collisions with asteroids, strong radiation and other hazards of space. Their offensive weapons mostly consist of MAC's and small caliber lasers as point defense against asteroid etc. Their communications are FTL, they use quantum entanglement. The FTL drive of choice is a Wormhole generator, which is currently being tested on the Hope of Vylla and the Curiosity of of Skijlt.
Suddenly, Julo.
"This DOES NOT help!"

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:30 am

[Undisclosed location, Capital City, Zuguth]

[meta]
In a secret room in the Zuguthian capital, the leaders of the Zuguthian Federation, Hexalan Expanses, and Empire of Macai and Quanov sat around a table, talking.
"Ms. Nozud.. or is it Mrs.? I believe you know why me and Cossic asked you to meet with us?"
The Macaian Empress looked around the room for a brief moment.
"I believe it was something regarding trade negotiations?"
The Hexalani prime minister scoffed slightly.
"Sure, that's the official explanation, but would you really need this secrecy for trade negotiations?"
The Zuguthian chancellor took the word again.
"No, this runs a bit.. deeper. We're talking about a mutually beneficial relationship between our three factions. Or at least, between the three of us."
Nozud raised an eyebrow.
"An alliance? I'm sorry, ladies, but the Empire of Macai and Quanov prefers to remain neutral."
Chancellor Song laughed a short and quiet laugh.
"And so does the Zuguthian Federation. That's why this is a backroom alliance."

The Hexalani took the word.
"It's worked for quite some time between Hexalan and Zuguth. We exchange tech, intelligence, production capabilities, sometimes even resources. You could be a part of this."
The Zuguthian smiled.
"Only benefits, no drawbacks, and you can withdraw from it at any time. There is one thing, though."
The Macaian's eyes narrowed.
"Which is..?"
"If you decline the offer, we'll have to sedate you, remove your memories of this meeting, and implant new ones."
"I'm not sure that even works."
"You're speaking to the leader of one of the most, or perhaps the most, technologically advanced faction in the galaxy. Sure, it's still experimental technology, but the human mind is surprisingly easy to manipulate. If a tad.. fragile, but it's not like there have been insane emperors and empresses before you, I mean just take a quick look at human history, am I right?"

Prime Minister Cossic of Hexalan leaned towards the Macaian empress.
"So, Jistri? What do you say?"
[/meta]
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:43 am

By order of the Prime Minister, a hundred new military units have been added on the regular annual ten, and has instated plans to further boost the military over the coming years.

A handful of new planets, both previously untouched and previously owned, have been acquired. We assure you the micronations were annexed peacefully.

[meta]Data and samples of Operarius have been provided to Zuguth.[/meta]
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:12 am

"You want to roll this... Fusion Splicer, out to the ships in our DMZ immediately." Hierarch Fields looked down the glass table at Gordon, who had the upgraded prototype of the weapon sitting on it.

"Yes," Gordon replied. "The weapon is immensely powerful. Tests have proven that."

"And what of our own danger? We open ourselves open to a surprise attack."

"The KCC hasn't dared go near the sensor nets," piped up a lead admiral sitting on the side of the table. "I don't believe they would take any opportunity that could destroy their profit margins."

"And if they do?" Fields asked, raising an eyebrow.

"We can hammer them. A proper Casus Belli."

"Unlikely," said a different lead admiral. "We still have to look out for our people. They can throw their entire empire behind any war."

"The Fusion Splicer will even the playing field," Gordon said after the admiral finished. "Long range. High power."

"I will think about it," Field said. "But, I am more concerned with the wreck you found the prototype in."

"We know... little." Gordon pressed a few buttons on the table and a holographic rendering of the derelict appeared. "It was not NeoRoman, as it turned out. It was Terran. That's why it responded to our IFF. Very old and weathered from the constant energies of the nebula. We suspect that's what fried its systems."

"What about the crew? And the prototype itself?" asked the first lead admiral.

"No trace of the crew. Not even a log file. And the prototype is not Terran. It does not match Terran design philosophy."

"Explain."

"The Terrans built their equipment in predictable patterns. Redundant and isolated systems, for example. The prototype matched none of them." He leaned to one side. "It was designed for a computer network and a large, constant power supply. Terrans used neither. My team believes they acquired the weapon from somewhere else."

"Where, Gordon?"

"That, I can actually tell you." He pressed another series of keys and a hologram of the nebula was brought up. A white dot was visible, buried deep within the billowing clouds. "In the computer, the last entered coordinates was at this location. As for whats there..." Gordon paused. "A neutron star. The energies of the nebula are incredibly violent there. We're planning an expedition as we speak."