FutureCraft RolePlay

Post yer RPs here.
Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder
FutureCraft RolePlay

Post by Error » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:43 pm

It's abeen a bit since out last RP. So I'm firing the restart system up and hoping.

----This RP is currently in the year 2700.----

A few new things for this; there are no GMs. There is instead mutual policing. Everyone is expected and required to police their own and each other's actions. Let's try to have fun here, people, winning is not the goal.

It is suggested (but NOT required) that you use your faction from the old RP. Post below to indocate your joining.

FYI; Fantastical and impossible technologies are permitted, but take time and will have limits to be agreed upon by everyone as a whole. Physics should not be considered an all-powerful barrier. Inb4 Mercury.

OOC comments should be marked as OOC or META.

::CURRENT ACTIVE FACTIONS::
Novan Commonwealth - Error
Hexalan Expanses - Vinyl
Zuguthian Federation - Daynel
Empire of Macai and Qanov - Ivan
Orion Imperium - DeadlyMiddie
NeoRoman Hierarchy - Professor Fenway
Batiss Combine - Mercury Steam
Strigiforme Empire - ACH0225
Kobialka Collaborative Corporations - CommanderKobialka
Trinity Federation - Julo

Welcome back.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Re: FutureCraft RolePlay

Post by Vinyl » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:57 pm

+1
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Error

Post by Error » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:14 pm

Joining or just approving?

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:10 am

Joining with the (new) Hexalan.

A quick intro for the uninitiated:
What this Hexalan is not:
- A military state,
- Isolationist,
- Highly aggressive,
- A police state,
- A military state,
- An autocracy,
- Very large,
- Technologically illiterate,
- A corporatocracy.

For what it is, please refer to the recent posters in "Looking of how good draw I am!".
If you can't grasp the abstract subtlety, here's a long-winded spiel about it:
Spoiler:
Vinyl wrote:when it comes to hexalan, most things come easy to me, as it's really just an extension of myself
i often say that hexalan is a utopia, and i do truly think it is, it's just until now i've been too proud to admit that "yeah it's a utopia. a utopia for me. a utopia that requires conversion and indoctrination for others to partake of it"
this new Hexalan is, like the prior, a utopia in my honest opinion, though it differs in how it allows others into that utopia
going so far as to not even require that it actually takes in others
it's built on an idea that while absolute perfection may not exist, you can get pretty damn close, and hexalan serves as a way to get whoever and whatever into where they're pretty damn close
whether they have to do anything or not
like novus
it's so hexalani, that we can mostly just leave it be, no work need be done
aside from checking in now and then to make sure they're still hexalani
and not hexalani in the traditional sense, hexalani in the way that they are "pretty damn close"
as in, to perfection

i'm actually a bit... conflicted on new Hexalan. it entails going against my personal... essence in some ways
but i maintain it's coure, as should i not, hexalan would be forever doomed to being cursed and hated
in this new hexalan, though, some of the old will be maintained in the worlds of the Segmentum and Rixator
that is where my haven is, and, if i were of them, would be "pretty damn close" myself
i've known where i belong
it's just, until now, i've designed the whole to be where i belong, rather than carving a place within the whole to design where i belong
and within that whole, allow others to carve out where they belong
at its heart, hexalan is to find your meaning, your purpose, your life, and to then make that a part of hexalan
while i had deviated from that slightly, that is and has been the core of hexalan, it's been what i've seen in hexalan, and it's why i've called it a utopia
why i've persisted with it, why i've defended it, why i've insulted the wrongdoings done in deviation
that is my vision, that, is hexalan
as long as you are for the values of hexalan, you are a part of it
also, unlike the old hexalan, where it's military was offensive despite being best laid defensively, the new Hexalan's military is defensive, with offense being basically unheard of
the benefit to others with physically joining hexalan, is that they can share in its defensive military outside of times when it is deployed against international threats
for example, if ARKs were tearing up the place
"the place" being the galaxy
otherwise, they're sitting at home, ready to defend hexalan's peoples against those that wish to do it harm, or they're deployed to foreign areas for peacekeeping reasons, but that's only if the foreigners actually call them in
the reason for trying to get people to move to hexalan is so that if Something Really Bad happens then the military can best defend them
but to sum up the earlier point, instead of making all of hexalan my ideal, i've made new Hexalan in the broad sense not my own ideal, but able to carry my ideal
and by extension everyone else's ideals

you may have noticed a lack of HexaCorp in the posters thus far
this is because unlike them being rampant in all of hexalan, it's mostly kept to its niche within the military races
similarly to how it was basically unheard of in anywhere except hexalan, it's not unheard of in anywhere except among the Rixator, Segmentum, Lanius, and Insinuatis
because of this, it has augmented itself so as to best serve them, and, incidentally, lost the ability to connect with anyone else
its popularity was further put in decline when it was effectively nationalized
in the form of many of the things it would enjoy in old hexalan were cut out of new Hexalan
such as (the illusion of) 100% control of the economy
as well as laws that intentionally beneiftted them
the hexalani way does not pertain to companies in the way it doesn't really apply to nonsentients
companies will be changed to their will, like nonsentient robots, like nonsentient creatures, like tools
tools that are used to carry out the hexalani values of individualized ideals
Vinyl wrote:the cityworld is the lands of the Rixator, the Segmentum, the Lanius, the Operarius
but, there are 3 other races whose lands, those are not
then, there are those who may come in the future whose lands the cityworld is not either, nor even, whose land is neither
this new hexalan you'll find to be far more... agreeable, than those of the past
like, this propaganda i've been doing is legitimately to inspire, not indoctrinate
hell, this new hexalan isn't even a military state. it's ruled by a civilian government
the military is literally there for defense and the occasional foreign aide
which means, despite there being 4/7 races devoted to military, there'll only be a handful of their worlds, as there's not going to be a lot of them
basically, the whole point of getting others to come here to hexalan is so that they can be readily protected from threats
like, say, a 'Strigiforme invasion'
So, when do we start?
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:48 am

I shall join this long-awaited RP (for which I thank you, BTW, oh Great Lord Error, Master of All Roleplay) with an altered version of Zuguth.

-Instead of an Empire, it is now the Zuguthian Federation.
-TechTron Industries does not exist.
-The government does no longer own all businesses, though it does own several large ones.
-Despite there no longer being a TechTron, scientific research is still a high priority, for which Zuguth's moon serves as a main base of operations, although research bases (and even research worlds) exist all across Zuguthian territory.
-The Zuguthian Federation is a neo-feudalist society, with the entire working class being made up of androids of varying degrees of sentience. It even has knights, in a way; the military is mostly robotic, although humans organic beings are needed, both as commanders, strategists, and as heavily power-armoured knights.
-The Zuguthian Federation is still quite expansionist, and keeps exploring the galaxy for new worlds to settle. Mostly for mining and industry, of course, since one must assume populations to grow rather slowly in the year 2700.
-Even in this version of Zuguth there is some xenophobia. Non-human sentient beings are legally equal to humans, but in practice they tend to be discriminated against, especially if they are different from humans in appearance (as aliens tend to be).
-This Zuguth specializes in large, tough constructions, thanks to the massive, construction-grade 3D printers invented in the early 500s. Large, bulky spaceships, massive mining bases, and mobile space stations are all common in the Zuguthian Federation.

That should be all. It's good to be back.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:55 am

I'm joining with Macai, gonna write some stuff up when I have more time.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

DeadlyMiddie
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:The Orion Imperium

Post by DeadlyMiddie » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:21 am

I'm gonna dust off the ol' Orion Imperium (+1)
Lead Me, Follow Me, or Get Out of My Way- General George S. Patton Jr.

Error

Post by Error » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:36 am

Welcome aboard, all. NOTE: this uses the rough WWLO ttmetime for pre-2700. There is no extragalactic exploration yet, and technologies are roughly at their pre-WWLO levels.

New technologies can be assumed to take 1-5 years. Time is dynamoc; for battles and similar things between players, everyone slows down, but otherwise things pass at a fairly quick rate.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:36 am

Question: 80% of my faction's WWLO history was the Equestrian struggle against extinction - since I am going to use Macai, which doesn't have even an equivalent of them, how would that work out? Do I transfer these struggles over to my primary species, the Macaians?
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:47 am

You can't just make up a new background story?
Or just not have one?
For example, the original Zuguth was the remains of the once grand Technotronic Dictatorship, but this time around they've just, y'know, existed since humans started settling space. Unless, of course, it would be cooler for the roleplay if TechTron now was to fill the role of old, mysterious, super-advanced lost civilization.

...actually I think that would be kinda cool, can we have that?

Error

Post by Error » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:01 am

Eh... if Zuguth is still human-oriniated, you can settle on planets with ancient ruins (nothing useful in aside from, well, they look neat and your archaeologists would've had a field month), but not be a successor civilization.

The only successors are the now-defunct Terran Union (humanity as a whole, really; they're just not sure to whom) and the Strig, to the Ancient Strigiforme.

Error

Post by Error » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:59 am

@Ivan; Advise you generate a new history. And while there are no GMs, I am gonna waive that briefly to say:

NO PONIES.

FOR THE SAKE OF ANY SIXTY-THREE GODS AND ALL SEVEN HELLS YOU MIGHT BELIEVE IN,

NO

BLOODY

PONIES.

Thank you.

///RP BEGINS: JANUARY 1, 2700 [Terran Calendar]\\\

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:47 am

Ah fuck it. NeoRoman Hierarchy here. Still a Terran splinter faction.

Error

Post by Error » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:05 am

o/ wilkommen, Herr Ash.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:24 am

[ZBC 1]
"An exciting ending for a thrilling episode. Will the Moore brothers find the cure to the neurotoxin before the border patrol shows up? We'll just have to wait for next week's episode of Tales of a Scavenger.
Later tonight we will get to know a truly extraordinary and brave little robot in the 2682 classic family movie Unit 21, but first, chancellor Lin Song's new year speech."

--

"Tonight, we celebrated the coming of a new year. Well, not only a new year, but in fact a new century. Today is the first day of the year 2700, according to the Terran Calendar, the standard calendar wherever you find humans. It is a year of new opportunities, of fresh starts, of hope.

For some, it might just look like a new year of endless struggles. Our highest hopes go out to the miners in sector 6 of the Wyvern nebula; though the ion storm is preventing all contact, both by transmissions and by physically sending rescue ships, we all know in our hearts that you survived the pirate attacks. Our hearts also go out to the colonists on frontier worlds DeGroot, Aurora, and Hanssen-Yuko IX; after some unfortunate delays, we finally have medical- supply- and construction ships en route, this should help you cure your respective epidemics, build new agricultural facilities, and have something to eat until this construction is finished.

Up until december, last year was a good year for the Zuguthian Federation. The completion of the mining stations on Hanssen-Yuko VIII will provide much needed resources to our factories and research facilities, and will be a great bonus to our economy. The new Mark V-models of the A- and C-type enforcer droids have helped greatly in the more pirate-infested part of Zuguthian territories. Dr. Jasmine Odinsson's fusion reactor has paved the way for a great line of new technologies, including a new line of powered exoskeletons for the knights and paladins in the Zuguthian Armed Forces.

However, I have to adress a request to you, the good people of the Zuguthian Federation. With all the good things that are happening to us, it is understandable that so many are envious of our wonderful nation. It is understandable that so many wish to move here. And we must all help welcome them here. Reputable social scientists and sociologists report increased uses of derogatory terms like "xeno", "bugface", "beastfolk", "prober", "martian", and even "space demon". Over 19% of non-human sentient beings who immigrate to the Zuguthian Federation have to take jobs usually reserved for androids, and just under 30% are unemployed. This discriminating has to stop. Though they may not be human, or even look much like humans, they are still people. They have thoughts. They have feelings. Many of them invented space travel long before humans did. They aren't "them". They're "us". If this discrimination is not reduced by the end of the year, I will officially withdraw from my position of Chancellor of the Zuguthian Federation, and possibly from the Federal Council entirely.

But right now, I will just wish you a happy new year, and on behalf of the Zuguthian Broadcasting Channel, I hope you enjoy the upcoming movie."