Post yer RPs here.
Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK
Re: FutureCraft RolePlay

Post by Vinyl » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:43 am

I'm just checking, but you are aware "Psyker" is a popular term in SciFi?
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:49 am

Vinczhechov wrote:I'm just checking, but you are aware "Psyker" is a popular term in SciFi?
maybe in whatever backwoods pleb shit you're into

Last edited by cats on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:57 am

You realize there are at least two other factions in this RP where psychic powers are common amongst the population?
But thanks for pointing out your variety of psykers actually require a "leash" to keep their insanity in check.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:22 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:You realize there are at least two other factions in this RP where psychic powers are common amongst the population?
But thanks for pointing out your variety of psykers actually require a "leash" to keep their insanity in check.
are you pointing out that my made up, inconsequential psions that I could change by pressing "edit" aren't as good as your your made up, inconsequential psions that you could change by pressing "edit?"
Mercury Steam wrote:Leashes are either natural psions (see i even mentioned natural psions in my aside here) or are modified to a lesser extent than psychers, often tuned only to their bound psycher's mind.)
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:25 pm

Calm down guys.

--Balcora Nebula, NR ship debris field--

The arrival of the Dakran'ec Seddel was silently answered by nothing. The many fragments of the former ship tumbled through the nebula--but in a pattern. A sensor sweep would confirm it--the fragments were orbiting, very slowly, around a common point. A point that corresponded precisely to the gravitational anomaly registered on NR sensors. But nothing else registered at the anomaly center.

The Edge of Existence, reviewing sensor reports from the incident, came across the gravitational anomaly and wondered.

-NR/KCC Demilitarized Zone-
-NR Sensor Station Draconis Gamma-

"I still don't see how this DMZ is going to stop any sort of incursion," said William as he leaned on the sensor console. "What's stopping them from going around us? Space is three dimensional."

"It's not a true DMZ," She took a sip of coffee from her thermos planted on the console. Behind her, the holographic sensor display showed everything within sensor reach around them. "More like a variable wall."

"How do you figure?" William folded his arms.

"Our station is one of hundreds. Each one of hundreds controls hundreds of thousands of individual probes scattered in a massive area."

"Well, yeah. It's the sensor net."

"Ever notice that the FTL disruption network is behind the sensor net?" She took another sip. "And how we give no input to it if we detect anything? I'm telling you it's an automated system. We detect something and it activates the disruption web behind us. Targeted and cheaper."

"I still don't see what stops them from going around it."

"There is no going around it. Ever notice how ships are only allowed to enter NR space through approved lanes?" She took another sip and shook it. She frowned--almost empty. "I think this web covers the entirety of NR space."

"That sounds expensive."

"Not as much as you might think. It's concentrated here because of risk of invasion. Out there, the coverage might be spottier--leaving gaps that are still hard to find. And the FTL disruption web might be mobile rather than static. Interception rather than a wall."

"Huh." William thought for a moment. "Doubt it could be mobile. Anything in FTL would be too fast to be intercepted. And for point-to-point transit there's not much stopping them."

"As long as you're between them and their destination they can be detected and pulled out too," Ashley said, and she stood up. "As for mobile interception, not necessarily..."

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:54 pm

CSN Facility Scorpia - Fleet Shipyard
Slipway 02, 32:55 hours CST

Fleet Commander Valkyrius sipped the cup of tea held in one hand, skimming the report held in the other. Apparently, keeping the resident geeks pleased was a constant task - one he had yet to adapt fully to.

"Commander."

Glancing up, he nodded a salute to his new XO - Fleet Captain Nerea. "Executive. How goes it aboard?"

"Checks and tests complete. The eggheads are just bringing the secondary and drive systems online now. Ready to undock on the hour, Commander." she reported, falling into step beside him.

"Good." he said simple, turning onto the bridge. Acknowledging and waving down the crew's snapping to attention, he took his place beside the main holotank. "Helm, Ops, Engineering, Weapons. Report."

"Drives online at maneuvering power. Thrusters active. Navigation reports go. FTL systems on cool standby. Helm is go."

"Reactors active at normal power. Internal systems report no problems. Ops is go."

"Power network, shield generators, and engineering systems active. Engineering is go."

"Weapons safed and disarmed. Missile and torpedo tubes empty and closed; beams depowered and cold. Weapon is go."

Glancing around, he took in the controlled chaos of the ship around him a moment. "Helm, contact Scorpia dockmaster and request departure permission."

Over the low buzz of the exchange, his XO leaned in. "Sorry to interrupt, sir. Just got word from NAVCOM; they want us out in the boonies to back up one of the hellions."

Karl sighed. Of course. "Helm, once clear of the station safe zone, spin up jump drives one and two. Destination to be provided momentarily."

"Aye, sir." the young helmsman replied, working her control panel to move the battlecruiser clear of the massive shipyard.

"Anything else on what we're doing out there?" the commander inquired quietly of his XO. She shrugged.

"Just that we should keep our geeks ready, we'll be staring down the barrel of a fully loaded anomaly."

Karl's deadpan reply was cut off by the helmsman, reporting the ship was ready to jump. He acknowledged with a nod. "Sound the bells and you are go for jump."

As an alarm rang briefly throughout the ship, Karl pondered the nature of their sudden reassignment before the vaguely disquieting sensation of space folding in upon itself cut off his train of thought.

- - -
[[OOC, yes, I am adding battlecruisers to the Novan lineup, mainly because the word 'battlecruiser' sounds inherently cool. More detailed description available to those who want it.]]

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:22 am

[Hexalani Sector 3 Black Site Accusation]

"Ah, Director. Good to see you, it's-"

"The plans."

"Uh, yes, ma'am. We're putting the final touches onto the design, but it's effectively complete," He said as he enlarged the elaborate holoprojection. Director Cossic gave an approving nod as she inspected the schematic.

"When will it be ready for production?"

"Not long now."

"Good, keep me posted."

"Yes, ma'am." The Director's hologram flickered off, leaving Lt. Bernos alone with the titan designs.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:39 am

For those of you not in the 7K scifi RP, my internet is down so I probably won't be all too active in the near future.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:28 am

Sorry for not being active, my internet's been kinda horrible lately. Also I apologize for any misinformation, lack of information, or misinterpretation on my side, my attention span is absolute shit and when I see lots of text I kinda just skim through it. And Julo, please, press the enter key once in a while, it makes your bricks of text less painful to read.

[Transmission to Batiss rescue group]
"Commanders of the Batiss rescue group, this is Captain Gregor Winston of Zuguthian frigate The X-Word, leader of the Zuguthian rescue team. When we enter the storm, we will have to fly in a circular formation with the ships with the strongest shields on the outside, and we will have to move as quickly as possible while still keeping formation. Ion storms are no joke; they will drain your shields very quickly, and once the shields are down they will fry all electronics. We will enter formation whenever you're ready, and may any gods who are listening help us all."
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW