Road Trip!

Post yer RPs here.
Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder
Road Trip!

Post by Error » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:24 pm

The lads decide/get blackmailed into/get dragged into/volunteer to go on a road trip. I see no way in which this could go wrong.

Dramatis Personae

--The Lads--

FENWAY ASH as The Leader

VINYL STRANOV as The Lancer

MARKUS ERROR as The Smart Guy

IVAN KINTOBOR as The Big Guy

DAYNEL as The Chick

ACH as The Sixth Ranger

= = = =Part One: Situation Normal, All Fucked Up= = = =

"Just fucking go already," Vinyl's muffled voice came from the back. "We checked the gear six times. We have it all."

"If we don't you'll regret it later," grumbled Fenway, starting the RV. "And for the record, I will not be blamed for equipment shortages later." Vinyl made a noise from the back - sounding vaguely like someone blowing a raspberry - before stomping up to ride shotgun.

"You are aware," another voice joined in, "That Vin did actually check - really check - six times?"

"Yes. And?"

"If we're short later," Daynel extracted himself from the lump of fabric pretending to be a couch, "Then she gets the blame. She checked."

"So I wanted to get moving before Tuesday. Sue me." Vinyl complained, scowling back at Dayn, who grinned unashamedly. "And you," she poked Fenway, "Should know better than anyone here the value of puntuality."

"Fenway is never late, Vinyl," Markus, this time, coming up from the bunks. "Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." Grabbing a chair next to Daynel - and breifly wresling with him for the coffee pot - she mumbled something. "Did you actually dragoon Ach into this one, Fen?"

"Tried, failed, blackmailed. He's in, provided that he - in his words - gets first crack at the fucking coffee every morning."

"Fair enough. Dare I ask?" Dayn made a grab for Mark's mug, resulting in another bout of scuffling.

"That kind of defeats the point of blackmail, doesn't it?"

"And the rest of this travelling circus?" Dayn inquired, having lost the battle.

"Ivan's in, too. Mercu, T, and Proto opted out for reasons known and unknown."

"Six is pretty much the limit of this bucket, though." Mark again. "At least we'll be comfy. If cozy."

"Speaking of. Vin, you still bunking with-"

"No. I will not bunk with the old man." Vinyl somehow contrived to look grumpy and adamant simultaneously. "That is non-negotiable."

"The alternative is you bunk with Mark." Fenway cut in. "Dayn and Ivan were oddly adamant about about bunking together."

"Talk about lesser of two evils," muttered Vinyl. "Fine, I'll bunk with the geriatric."

"Wise choice. And," Fen indicated out the window, "Here we are. Someone go and get-" he paused as Ivan strolled out the door, case in hand. "-Ivan. Mark, door?" he inquired/ordered. Opening said door, Mark pulled Ivan up.

"Welcome to hell." Vinyl greeted. "Last chance to bail."

"Aaaand you're stuck. Sorry," Mark cut in, closing the door with a snap. "You've met Dayn?"

"In a manner of speaking." Ivan replied. Dayn rolled his eyes. "Not really the rest of you, though."

"Fenway Ash. United Kingdom. Nuclear physicsist and hobby author."

"Vinyl Stranov. United States. Programmer and ex-infantryman."

"Markus Error. Canada. Astrophysicsist and resident psycho."

"I see," Ivan said, "Ivan Kintobor. Austria. Mathematician and brewer."

"Ach," a gravelly old voice joined them, "Russia. Officer and gentleman."

"Ach. The hell did you get here?" Mark inquired raising an eyebrow at the old man. Ach simply raised his own eyebrow.

"Now. Fenway? I expect both caffinated and sugared compensation for this little excercise of yours." Ach intoned. Fen nodded amiably.

"We're caffinated enough for a small army, don't worry. And given that we've now got a full load, we're off."

"This'll be the death of us all. Remind me again how you dragged us into this?" Vinyl groaned into the dashboard.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Re: Road Trip!

Post by Vinyl » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:37 pm

0/10 my surname and country of origin are awful.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Error

Post by Error » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:05 pm

I feel like I should go edit and give you a male character. Aiming for -10/10 here

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:25 pm

Not in it. *fistpump* would kill myself if I had to spend several hours in a car with you people.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Error

Post by Error » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:44 pm

If i had to be in a car for more than absolutely necessary, sociopathic carmates or no, I'd attempt a manual override on the window and eject myself at some velocity.

Cleithrophobia is a *. Also, you guys would probably suck to be around in person.

(Shadow, you just signed yourself up for this story. Last chance to throw in your preferred character.)

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:41 pm

k.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:36 am

Ach was doing his usual thing; cleaning his Mosin. Nagant's greatest creation, while unbreakable, still deserved to have a fresh coat of gloss on the wood furniture and to have the bolt cleaned. He had returned with his coffee, though he preferred tea, and was sipping this calmly.

He began to hum as song, gently crooning the words to his rifle as he honed the UN-banned bayonet.

"Расцветали яблони и груши,
Поплыли туманы над рекой.
Выходила на берег Катюша,
На высокий берег на крутой."

His words were not unheeded, as the rifle was soon spotless and ready. He put it on the pre-cleaned rack on the wall, labelled Boris, and picked up the next one in his collection.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:47 am

I object to OP, Dayn would be the last person to bunk with me.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Error

Post by Error » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:44 am

Character!Dayn and Character!Ivan are not actual!Dayn or actual!Ivan. Fear not, that particular red herring is just that; very fishy, but otherwise harmless.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:56 pm

Commander Error wrote: (Shadow, you just signed yourself up for this story. Last chance to throw in your preferred character.)
What's life without challenge. Make one up heir Commodore.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Error

Post by Error » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:15 pm

Aye aye, Shadow sir.

New chapter later today (I hope).

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:07 pm

FINE I DIDN'T WANT TO GO ON A ROAD TRIP ANYWAY.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

notAnAlt
Cadet
Cadet

Post by notAnAlt » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:24 pm

ikr?

dw he's just assembling a list of people he'd like to get gay with so he can cowrite a fapfic with them

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:25 pm

I am being held against my will. Help.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:48 am

I still like how I get to bunk together with "The Chick"
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied