New RP

Post yer RPs here.
cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
New RP

Post by cats » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:42 pm

The last RP (Titanium Jacket) was relatively successful and probably would've gone on if Fen hadn't mysteriously vanished. I'd like to write another one, but there are some things on which I need input. The biggest issue is the topic, but there's also the style. I'm not sure if we should continue with a dice-based system like we've been using or take a break from it or expand it.

I have a few ideas; one of which involves fantasy, magic, and this map that I drew a long-ass time ago. It would probably work best with an expanded version of the dice system.

Another is one that is centered upon super powerful psionics. It wouldn't have much if anything to do with the FC universe and would probably be primarily a writing RP.

And then a simple one with a freelance ship and crew that would work with or without a solid system.

If you have any ideas, put them in the thread. I'll put a poll up with all suggestions.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Re: New RP

Post by Prototype » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:15 pm

Can't comment on first option, premise certainly looks interesting, but I don't really know the dice system or how it's been playing out.

Second option sounds interesting, but I'm not sure that writing RPs have a particularly good lifespan. Though I would likely join if this happened.

Third looks like it would be Grounded #86.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:56 pm

Only issue I see is that fantasy has an even more limited than normal lifespan on the FCF.

Dice or story matters not to me; a good premise is my thing.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:04 am

I must apologize for roleplay absence, I got stuck in a writing block with no creativity for weeks.

But i've returned.

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:59 pm

\o/

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.