Programming: 1
Close-Quarters: 5
Marksmanship: 1
Medical: 1
Psionics: 1
Logical: 1
Stealth: 1
Social: 3

Misc Stats: Capable of short flights, but maneuvering is difficult, as is gaining altitude quickly.

Equipped: Pair talon blades, retractable. Rail Machine Carbine, High Calibre, Strigiforme Model. Engineering kit. Block high explosive C8. MRE(6). Heavy Armour, Strigiforme Model.
Ytiil lets off a long burst from his carbine at the ring devices, hoping to damage them. Ytiil also sets his C8 applicator to have a pressure release strength enough to propel the explosive at a target, waiting to see if he needs to use it on the thingy.

"Open the door! Is damaged! Just get it open, no time for caution!"
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Re: Titanium Jacket

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:04 am

Spoiler:
Engineering: 1
Close-Quarters: 4
Marksmanship: 4 (+1)
Stealth: 5
Social: 1

Misc Stats: Adaptive Holo-Sights (+1 Mark)

Equipped: Light armor, automatic rifle, 3 trowing knives, 1 asian shortsword, laser sidearm, handsfree computing interface.
Taking aim at the massive device, Tanya fired off a few rounds.
"If we can't get the door open, prepare to escape into space" she said over the intercom, as she tried to pry the door open once more.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:40 pm

Spoiler:
Vena "Anomaly" : Psion

Close-Quarters: 1
Psionics: 8
Logical: 3

Social: 2

Misc Stats:

Equipped:
-Unknown psionic augmentation
-EMBED™ Psionic Enhancement/Governor

-Standard hardsuit with light armor weave and computer interface
-Pouch loaded with stim shots and MREs
-Mylar/fauxlinen blanket

-Compact submachinegun
-Lucky Rock (in use)
-Standard issue knife

-Vinebane (pet)
"No escape." Vena says through the com link, staring blankly. She doesn't echo the message. "From... From the nightmare." The EMBED device fixed to the back of her skull overloads, loosening its grip. She stands still, fighting with herself while the EMBED wetware attempts to resync with her disjointed psyches. Overcoming the governor's hold, she reaches into a pocket for her stone, a faceted piece of some alloy. She holds it out in front of her and gathers energy using the unrestricted power of her mind.

A familiar liquid presence floods Vena's mind, dividing her consciousness and driving the renegade behind the docile. The energy behind her rock fades as the psionic implant regains control. Returning to her frantic state, she turns to the door and attempts to force it open again, eager to get somewhere away from the confusion and pain.

I'm sorry. So, so sorry. She thinks to the unthinking creature.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:16 pm

LET'S DO THIS

ROUND 1: Tantibus

Tantibus' top-right turret swivels and locks onto Ricco (whom is not in cover). It fires a piercing blue beam for a few seconds. Rolling for Tantibus' marksmanship... 54. Now rolling for Ricco's reflexes... 53

The beam cuts through the air and Ricco compresses at the last second. The beam barely singes the metal case as it shoots above him, melting through a crate behind as Ricco rolls behind something.

Karl

Your shots connect. They all ricochet off of some sort of shield unit surrounding the gravity generator, which pulses as they connect before fading again. You quickly scan for other weak-points.

Rolling for perception... 20.

You don't see anything fragile looking or capable of stopping this thing without heavy explosives or heavy energy weaponry.

Ytiil

Only a few shots connect, and even those ping off the armor. Not accurate enough, it seems.

Tanya

You're accurate enough to place them on the generator, but they too ping off the shield. No visible damage. And the door is too heavy to pry it open alone. Unless...

Vena

You strain against the door and bolts of electricity run through it. Suddenly, it seems to begin moving on it's own. You glance at the panel on the side; you must have done something to the control circuit, because it reads SECURITY OVERRIDE.

ALL

The panel on this side reads SECURITY LOCKDOWN: AUTOMATED DEFENSES ENGAGED. The blast door is also shimmering; some sort of shielding unit has activated on it. You doubt the thing will be able to get through.

Ahead of you is an extremely long hallway, lined by doors. It is relatively undamaged (compared to the hanger behind you). A magnetic rail occupies the ceiling of the hallway, running down it and branching off into multiple rooms. It appears to be a cargo conveyor, and a crate suspended on the rail halfway down the hallway confirms this. The hallway branches off to the right, and on the very far end there is another door similar to yours. You estimate it to be around 100 meters away.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:40 pm

'Right. The bloody fucking hell was that?'

Karl checks for any access points (other than the doors) in the hall.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:45 pm

Spoiler:
Engineering: 4

Misc Stats: Capable of short flights, but maneuvering is difficult, as is gaining altitude quickly.

Equipped: Pair talon blades, retractable. Rail Machine Carbine, High Calibre, Strigiforme Model. Engineering kit. Block high explosive C8. MRE(6). Heavy Armour, Strigiforme Model.
Ytiil fills the ammo box for his carbine, then takes point(he is the close quarters expert).

"I question our purpose now; why are here? Investigate still, but need to find way to remove metal-beast. Is likely would cause issues for Search and Rescue."

Ytiil begins moving towards the first door in the hall, motioning for the rest to follow him as he takes up a position to breach the doorway.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:06 pm

Spoiler:
Programming: 5
Close-Quarters: 3
Logical: 4
Social: 1

Equipped: Deployable heavy machine gun
Ricco walks to the wall and carefully makes his way up the ceiling gun pointed at the door.
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Prototype wrote:F-14s are just gay Tornados.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:19 pm

Karl
You look around. Perception roll is 51. You spot only a few ventilation ducts, but none of them appear to be breached. You can only see 5 doors, not including the far door or the one behind you; four of them are comparable in size to the one behind you. The last is closer in size to a standard doorway. This one is closest to you. Right next to this door is a large, opaque window, with a few metal supports on it. You can't see behind it, but you follow Ytiil to look inside.

Ricco

Ytiil

You raise your carbine but it is kicked out of your hand. Within a moment the barrel of a large weapon is pressed against your chest; holding the trigger is a man in a tattered grey and green coat. His hair is disheveled and his clothing is dirty. You can see an I.D card attached to the coat, but the name is obscured.

He looks at you with a steely glint. "Who are you?" he yells. The rest of the team raises their weapons. "Who do you work for?" A pause. "Answer me!"

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:02 pm

Karl puts a burst of fire into the wall several meters to the man's side.

'Weapon down, now! Hands on the back of your head! Now!'

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:07 pm

Spoiler:
Engineering: 4

Ytiil plays it cool(social 3, cool as a cucumber) and answers the man. While doing this, he also silently enables the razor sharp attachments on the inside of his talons, ready to fight at a moment's notice.

"Terran Union special operations search and rescue(S&R part is a lie) group. And you? I'd appreciate removing your gun."
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:28 pm

The man is unfazed by the burst round. Ytiil, social roll 91 (cool as a cucumber).

He seems to relax. He lowers the weapon and steps back, but doesn't let go of it. His I.D is now visible: 'Dr. Harland Devon, PhD. Project Lazarus'

"I apologize for the unwelcome introduction," he says, looking around the room in a paranoid fashion. "Can't trust anything around here. Or anyone. I'm not letting go of my weapon." He directs the last comment towards Karl, who still seems skeptical. He turns to the door and opens it again before standing beside it. Several computer monitors are visible from the doorway.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:57 pm

Spoiler:
Vena "Anomaly" : Psion

Psionics: 8
Logical: 3

Social: 2

Misc Stats:

Equipped:
-Unknown psionic augmentation
-EMBED™ Psionic Enhancement/Governor

-Standard hardsuit with light armor weave and computer interface
-Pouch loaded with stim shots and MREs
-Mylar/fauxlinen blanket

-Compact submachinegun
-Lucky Rock
-Standard issue knife

-Vinebane (pet)
Fatigued, Vena looks over her shoulder to make sure Vinebane wasn't injured during the scuffle with Tantibus, then sends a shot of stimulant into her bloodstream. Still holding her Lucky Rock, she approaches Dr. Devon, stares indifferently up at him, and attempts to scan his mind for any thoughts of malice.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:13 am

Vena

You send a pulse, but it is met by a counter-pulse from Dr. Devon. He shakes his head. "Anti-psionic implants. I'm afraid you won't be able to read my mind." He looks around again before looking back at the team. He fixes his gaze on Vinebane for a few moments before shifting and speaking again. "But I'm fairly certain you're going to need my help." He curses under his breath. "It's hell out there. Let me show you." He gestures into the room-it appears to be a security station- and goes inside it.

Julo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by Julo » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:14 pm

Spoiler:
Marksmanship: 3
Psionics: 3
Logical: 2
Stealth: 2
Social: 5
Kea whispered in her mic: "Guys, I do the talking from now on, okay?"
She looked at the man, mid 40s, a bit afraid, but definitely sane enough to be predictable. In order to talk to him better, she decided to stand up. She hadn't done so since the team went into the dropship. It always was a bit uncomfortable. Dr. Devon seemed to be surprised that this animal accompanying the group was a member and not a pet, like Vinebane. She imitates a human smile as best as she can and says: "Hello Dr. Devon, my name is Kea Raati, I am a member of this S&R team." She smiles and follows the man into the room: "You said you wanted to show us something, what is it?" With a twitch of her ear she tells the others to follow her.
Suddenly, Julo.
"This DOES NOT help!"

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Social roll is 80. Dr. Devon sits in a chair in front of a bank of monitors and screens; some of them are damaged, or only show static. The room, overall, appears to be a security station. A small armory at the end confirms this; there are several weapons of unknown design behind a shimmering energy field. Dr. Devon's rifle is sitting beside him. The room is big enough to fit all of you relatively comfortably. Dr. Devon brings up several windows; a few of them are camera feeds, while another appears to be a map. "The facility is lost. Everything's loose and we've lost all manual controls." He brings up a security report; everything is offline. "I was part of the Lazarus project." He turns around and looks at Vinebane for a few moments. "Your friend was the focus." He stands up. "Lazarus." He pauses. After a few seconds, a small light on Vinebane activates- it is a collar you hadn't noticed for.

"I am here," says a small voice beside you. It is Vinebane.