Titanium Jacket

Post yer RPs here.
Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder
Re: Titanium Jacket

Post by Error » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:24 pm

'I'll say.' Karl mutters to himself as he slowly enters the reactor room, rifle up. Making his way over to the door, he looks in, ready for hostiles. Tripping his comms, he says,

'Ytiil? I have what looks like damage from massive stress of the frame and hull. That's one helluva gravity generator. Anyone else have anything similar?'

(I like how me and ACH are both taking pains to tell people stuff. No horror-movie incompetence here.)

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:13 pm

Spoiler:
Vena "Anomaly" : Psion

Engineering: 1
Programming: 1
Close-Quarters: 1
Marksmanship: 1
Medical: 1
Psionics: 8
Logical: 3

Stealth: 1
Social: 2

Misc Stats:

Equipped:
-Unknown psionic augmentation
-EMBED™ Psionic Enhancements

-Standard hardsuit with light armor weave and computer interface
-Pouch loaded with stim shots and MREs
-Mylar/fauxlinen blanket

-Compact submachinegun
-Lucky Rock
-Standard issue knife

-Vinebane (pet)
Vena questions Vinebane on its tactical plans and the whereabouts of the thorny vine tentacle creature. When she was satisfied that it really didn't have any answers, she let it climb around her person and nestle into a crevice between her shoulder and her pack. She tilts her head at the telepathic pulse, but recognizes Kea's familiar mental voice and violently sighs. Bored, she looks out on the largely empty hangar, notices that something has changed, and sends a faint kinetic pulse through it to confirm that the relative gravitational direction has changed.

"Project gravity" said the voice that Vena had been tuning out.

She activated her own, seldom used communication system while simultaneously sending mental communiques, as she often did. "Leave... we..."

Kea, we should leave. She thought to Kea.

"Uh... We need to... We should leave." She stuttered into the mic.

The hangar. Now.

"This area... Soon?"
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:04 am

finished my drawing.
Spoiler:
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Error

Post by Error » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:05 am

Very....

...off. I prefer subtly crazy, myself, but everyone has their own tastes. Would draw Karl, but I can't draw for shite, so.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:13 am

Spoiler:
Close-Quarters: 4
Marksmanship: 4 (+1)
Psionics: 1
Logical: 1
Stealth: 5
Social: 1

Misc Stats: Adaptive Holo-Sights (+1 Mark)

Equipped: Light armor, automatic rifle, 3 trowing knives, 1 asian shortsword, laser sidearm, handsfree computing interface.
"I will have a look at the area outside the hangar," Tanya said over the comm, "We can't just all stand around here opening crates and listening to what Karl and Ytiil find in the other ship. If you need me, just tell me over the comm and I'll return."
She then walked over to one of the doors connecting the hangar to the rest of the ship, opened it, and left the hangar.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:53 pm

Love your picture. And your rendition of Vinebane (he seems almost exactly what I had in mind).

Ytiil
You look around the hallway. A great majority of it has shifted somewhat, but the way back is unblocked. The way forward, however, is now blocked by a wall that used to be the wall (ceiling?) above you. You can see what appears to be a reactor above you; Karl's light is visible past that, a ways above. Rolling for perception...79.

You look back at the dust of the scientist and notice something sticking out of it. You grasp it, pull it out, and blow off the dust. It's an implant. Not just a regular implant, a storage implant. Memory device. It appears to have a data port on the back; you figure Ricco might be able to read it. You look around and find a way up into the reactor room, where Karl seems to be.

Karl
You make your way over to the door above you, but it seems to be jammed. Functional (surprisingly) but jammed. The culprit seems to be the door mechanism; you open its panel and several pieces seem to be out of place. Rolling for engineering... 34.

You manage to replace the components, but when you try to open the door again the pieces jam once again. Something snaps and the mechanism is no longer functional at all. The door control panel fizzles out.

Vena
Something is definitely not right. While nobody else seems to have noticed it, the gravity has shifted even further. And you feel Kea's pulse for life forms, and when it returns a large ping outside the hanger doors (even a momentary one) things seem less right still.

Tanya

Julo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by Julo » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:15 pm

The voice coming through the headset was the one of Vena. She didn't use voice communications that much, so it was definitely urgent. The thoughts she received from a psionic pulse of Vena only reinforced this.

Kea we should leave this hangar. Now.
Alright, I know what you mean. she sent back.

She opened a channel to the whole team: "Guys we have to get out of this hangar! We have no time to spare."

"We should go in this direction." Kea pointed towards the other side of the hangar with her ear, the computer automatically set a waypoint.

At last she thought to Vena: Your psionics are stronger than mine, keep your mind open and try to detect anything foreign. If you detect something tell it to me. Please.
Suddenly, Julo.
"This DOES NOT help!"

Error

Post by Error » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:38 pm

'Juno's *.' Karl swore quietly, turning to the door. Regarding it, he shook his head and turned back the way he had come, looking for another hatch or door.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:43 pm

Tanya opened the comm.
"It seems we migh have some trouble leaving the hangar. This door is locked, I have not tried the others yet but I suspect the same from them. We might have to find a way to blow a hole in the wall, or leave through the ventilation system."
She went to try and open the other doors, not expecting much success.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:21 pm

Spoiler:
Engineering: 4
Close-Quarters: 5
Social: 3

Misc Stats: Capable of short flights, but maneuvering is difficult, as is gaining altitude quickly.

Equipped: Pair talon blades, retractable. Rail Machine Carbine, High Calibre, Strigiforme Model. Engineering kit. Block high explosive C8. MRE(6). Heavy Armour, Strigiforme Model.
Ytiil makes his way up to Karl, intending to move as a group out.

"Karl; nothing of value here. Found data storage device, could have something useful on it. Passwords for doors.

Glancing at Karl's engineering handiwork, Ytiil suppresses an unpleasant feeling before moving towards the exit, his giant lamp illuminating everything around him.
Last edited by ACH0225 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:00 pm

OOC: Thxu sir.
Spoiler:
Vena "Anomaly" : Psion

Close-Quarters: 1
Psionics: 8
Logical: 3

Social: 2

Misc Stats:

Equipped:
-Unknown psionic augmentation
-EMBED™ Psionic Enhancement/Governor

-Standard hardsuit with light armor weave and computer interface
-Pouch loaded with stim shots and MREs
-Mylar/fauxlinen blanket

-Compact submachinegun
-Lucky Rock
-Standard issue knife

-Vinebane (pet)
In a state of mild panic, Vena sprints to the exit and pushes past Tanya. Making sure that Vinebane wouldn't be flattened, she braces herself against a bulkhead physically and psionically, puts her gauntleted hands against the door, and attempts to pry it open with her substantial mental strength and less-than-substantial musculature.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:38 pm

All
The room suddenly loses power and the lights flicker off before returning momentarily. Nothing seems to have changed, but several warning alarms go off in the hanger. The alarms seem weak and half-dead, but they're there. As Vena pushes against the door, small items begin sliding towards the hanger door. Shifting gravity. Suit alarms go off- "Warning: Gravity field shift."

Karl/Ytiil
You feel the gravity shift immediately, look at each other, and move quickly. You push past several fallen bulkheads back towards the entrance much faster. You pass by the consoles again- this time they merely show a black screen. On the center screen you see the words Anomaly detected in small letters. The entrance to the corvette seems to have opened when the ship's bulkheads snapped; the door is wide open. You exit to see Vena at the main hanger door, attempting to pry it open. The gravity continues to slant towards the doors.

Vena

You strain, and the door begins to budge. Slightly. It begins opening up, but not enough to go through. And at the rate gravity is shifting, you won't be able to hold onto it much longer. You keep straining.

And something's at the hanger doors. Far behind you, the door buckles slightly.

Error

Post by Error » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:44 pm

'Frak. Can we still seal the dropship's doors?' Karl hollered across the deck, sprinting towards Vena and the hangar access.

With the gravity shift now becoming excessive, he sealed his helmet. 'Advise we seal suits.'

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:54 pm

OOC: Which doors are which? Are things sliding to to the ship access door or the door to the station interior that Vena is trying to open?
— David Langford
Spoiler:

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:13 pm

I think hangar door is to the outside, and the one we're going for is the one exiting the hangar.
Spoiler:
Engineering: 4
Close-Quarters: 5
Social: 3

Misc Stats: Capable of short flights, but maneuvering is difficult, as is gaining altitude quickly.

Equipped: Pair talon blades, retractable. Rail Machine Carbine, High Calibre, Strigiforme Model. Engineering kit. Block high explosive C8. MRE(6). Heavy Armour, Strigiforme Model.
Ytiil sprints to the door, readying his C8 applicator on the way.

"Clear door! Am blast off hinges! Hurry, hurry, no time, don't like noises made by hangar!"

Ytiil applies about a quarter brick of C8 to the door edges, and primes the detonator. Moving behind some boxes, he detonates it.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler: