Titanium Jacket

Post yer RPs here.
Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Re: Titanium Jacket

Post by Luna » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:24 pm

Professor Fenway wrote:Luna: So, you don't exist. Officially. You're just marked as a semi-autonomous drone, and to that end, the team engineer WILL have overriding codes to manually override ALL your systems at will. Security measure, you see.
I'm actually ok with that, sounds like it could be interesting.
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Prototype wrote:F-14s are just gay Tornados.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:53 am

But Who's Counting? wrote:The local equivalent of a ninja+marine combination would be absolutely terrifying in such an enclosed space.
I suppose that would be me. Well, at least half of it.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:05 pm

But Who's Counting? wrote:Starships and stations tend to be made up of enclosed spaces. @Fen larger spaces are the exception, but that's what the designated marksmen are for.

The local equivalent of a ninja+marine combination would be absolutely terrifying in such an enclosed space.
Enclosed spaces, sure. What about long, narrow corridors or hallways? Your ninja sword/shotgun isn't terribly effective when constant machine gun fire is coming down the end of the hall, 50 meters away.

I'm gonna suggest one of you change to marksmanship, but otherwise we're good except for Mercury. I'll start once he submits his psion.

If you wish to switch points around otherwise, go ahead.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:50 pm

Respecced as marksman/medic.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:24 pm

You already were one?

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:33 pm

He was medic who was also marksman, now he is marksman who is also medic.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:41 pm

Since we have a Medic, Ach, you're going to be the engineer. I'm moving your medic points to engineering because reasons. Update pl0x.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:11 pm

Oh, and since we got Luna as hacker, I'm moving my programming points into marksmanship.

Julo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by Julo » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:35 pm

Spoiler:
Engineering: 1
Programming: 1
Close-Quarters: 1
Marksmanship: 1
Medical: 1
Psionics: 5
Logical: 2
Stealth: 2
Social: 5

Misc Stats: She can stand upright for quite some time, her suit support her with that. She's not fast on her hind legs, but at least she managed to walk somewhat normal.

Equipped: Stable carbon combat suit, a hidden Zyl-Blaster and a holo projector.
Name: Kea "Trickster" Raati

Species: Gurrad

Role: Information Gathering/Thief

Bio: Kea comes from Loha, a planet of thieves. When she went to the Academy of thieves, things were tough for her, she couldn't graduate in the subject she would've preferred, Planning. After her first year, she was forced into a class, which she would never have considered to pick. It was Xenopsychology. It was the least visited class of all and Kea thought, that it was a punishment for her waisting the time of the teachers. This turned out to be false, as she had the best grades and went out of the academy as a Communications Officer. The teachers found out about her psionic abilities and figured out the best way to use them. In the following 13 years, she and her team completed 132 contracts, with varying difficulty and payment, however the 133rd contract changed that. It was a simple mission in the Terran Union, but their client was a traitor. 2/3s of the team were captured, including Kea. While she was held captive, the Terran Union found out about her psionic abilities and decided to make her the offer of releasing the rest of the team, if she would work for the TU. That's what she did for the past 12 years and then she was offered to join the Tachyon unit. Now she's preparing to enter the station.

Appearance: She has a fur that's black as the night, bright green eyes, shorter teeth than most Gurrads, making her look younger and less dangerous, she's about 1.3m tall on all fours, but when she stands on her hind legs, she's about 2.2m tall and looks almost humanoid,

I think we need at least one who's a bit social, since there were no psionic guys till now, I chose to make one.
Suddenly, Julo.
"This DOES NOT help!"

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:26 pm

Sorry Julo- Mercury called dibs on being the main group psion. You CAN be somewhat psionic, but two high-power psions (AKA 5+) on the team would be dangerous. I'd also add SOME combat ability: why would a special ops team have someone who can't even fight?

Mercury, Y U NO APPLICATION

Julo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by Julo » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:56 pm

Spoiler:
Marksmanship: 3
Psionics: 3
Logical: 2
Stealth: 2
Social: 5

Misc Stats: She can stand upright for quite some time, her suit support her with that. She's not fast on her hind legs, but at least she managed to walk somewhat normal.

Equipped: Stable carbon combat suit, a hidden Zyl-Blaster and a holo projector.
Better? I suppose I could have psi-power, which supports my social skill, maybe like strong empathy or decent Telepathy.
Suddenly, Julo.
"This DOES NOT help!"

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:05 am

BC EXAMS

Then a nap.

... Is Julo a bear?

==

Name: Vena; Designation: Anomaly A2; "Anomaly" (aka Psychopath, but she'd probably bite you)
Species: Mostly human
Base Character Sheet:
Spoiler:
Marksmanship: 1
Psionics: 8
Logical: 3
Stealth: 1
Social: 1

Misc Stats:

Equipped:
-Unknown psionic augmentation
-EMBED™ Psionic Enhancements
-Standard hardsuit with light armor weave and computer interface
-Pouch loaded with stim shots and MREs
-Compact submachinegun
-Lucky Rock
-Standard issue knife
Role: Psion

Bio: Vena's official record begins about five years ago, when the TU darkworks realized that she would be a better weapon than illegal test subject. Everything prior to that was wiped clean when she was given official personhood. The unofficial record doesn't date back much farther. About eight years ago, the ruins of an unregistered cargo ship were discovered drifting through interstellar space. The hulk bore no signs of impact, piracy, or sabotage; it seemed as though it had simply shredded itself. Vena was discovered among the wreckage, comatose, in the only container aboard. The TU later concluded that she was the cause of the damage. They also found that the psionic expenditure resulted in semipermanent psychological damage, as well as memory loss. Either that or her mind had been intentionally tampered with. But she has proven herself useful, if eccentric.

Appearance: Short and slightly emaciated: 150cm, 40Kg; unnaturally blue eyes; short, unkempt, maroon hair. Drawing to be completed when I regain full mental capacity.
Song:
Spoiler:
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:02 am

Mercury Steam wrote:... Is Julo a bear?
I think he's a sort of space panther thingy, I think he's been using that race before. idk for sure though.
Also, I approve of the whole psionic-abilities-equals-mental-instability thing.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:34 am

Y'all are all good. I'm adding a couple things to a few applications before we start though:

-As before ACH, I changed your medical points to engineering and gave you an engineering kit instead of a medkit.

-Ricco, you get the beloved S.C.A.N Unit. What is this? The SCAN can give you more information on what you encounter in XR-7. It does take some time to complete, however, and you are unable to use weaponry while it scans (power drain). Use it wisely.

-Kea, I am adding the Opposable Thumb upgrade to your carbon suit. Simply put, while on your hind legs, it activates and allows you to grasp things better (because you seem to be panther-based). It deactivates and folds back when you move back to 4 legs.

-And finally, Vena, scientist put an Aggression Inhibitor on you. The switch is also held by Kea (the other psionic); this inhibitor prevents you from using psionic powers on the team and cancels out aggression that may pop up in you. Yes, it will limit psionic powers. Yes, you have to have it. The Terran Union doesn't want Psycho going Psycho on them, do they?

Remember, ALL your combat suits are vacuum capable and equipped with RCS movement for space. And they're modular, so upgrades.

We'll start sometime soon.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:58 pm

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

@Fen: Okay I'm alright with that.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *