Titanium Jacket

Post yer RPs here.
Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO
Re: Titanium Jacket

Post by Crash Override » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:55 pm

>Implying that this is a Full Metal Jacket reference.
> I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
> it smells like victory
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:20 pm

"Seven point six two millimeter. Full. Metal. Jacket."
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:19 am

The hanger doors began to close, and as they did so, something funny happened. The commander began to dissolve into static. A hologram! He attempts to say something else, but he is cut short as he vanishes. You check the cockpit, and the pilot is gone too. The controls are locked.

The hanger doors close and the hanger is illuminated: there are crates and objects strewn everywhere. What appears to be a vine covered in thorns is growing out of the far ventilation duct; it is relatively small. One other ship is present in the hanger, a Camel class frigate. It is lying on its side.

The dropship ramp opens. Welcome to hell.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:58 am

Tanya took the first step outside the ship. There was surprisingly little dust in the hangar, meaning that there would have been recent activity there.
"Sure looks like things went to hell. I propose we secure the hangar and go check out that other ship."
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:11 am

Spoiler:
Engineering: 4
Programming: 1
Close-Quarters: 5
Marksmanship: 1
Medical: 1
Psionics: 1
Logical: 1
Stealth: 1
Social: 3

Misc Stats: Capable of short flights, but maneuvering is difficult, as is gaining altitude quickly.

Equipped: Pair talon blades, retractable. Rail Machine Carbine, High Calibre, Strigiforme Model. Engineering kit. Block high explosive C8. MRE(6). Heavy Armour, Strigiforme Model.
Ytiil steps out of the drop ship with gun ready.

"I propose we see what happened to the frigate there. Takes some work to turn one of those over, and they might have programmable defence turrets."
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:28 am

Karl braces himself against the ship's hatch, sweeping the room.

'Seconded. Barring that, we try to find the station's CIC.'

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:48 am

Tanya nodded.
"I agree. I will scout the area while the rest of you secure the hangar. Once this is a viable base, we search the rest of the ship. Any objections?"
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:23 pm

Spoiler:
Vena "Anomaly" : Psion

Engineering: 1
Close-Quarters: 1
Psionics: 8
Logical: 3

Social: 1

Misc Stats:

Equipped:
-Unknown psionic augmentation
-EMBED™ Psionic Enhancements

-Standard hardsuit with light armor weave and computer interface
-Pouch loaded with stim shots and MREs
-Mylar/fauxlinen blanket

-Compact submachinegun
-Lucky Rock
-Standard issue knife
Vena, wrapped in an emergency blanket that she found in a locker in addition to her hardsuit, hops out of the dropship. In her usual, subdued manner of stimulant withdraw, she lazily casts a sweeping glare at the others, raises her hand at the call for objections, then, without a word, walks off to examine the thorny vine and ventilation duct.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Julo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by Julo » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:02 pm

OOC: More like Space-Panther, just a little less pantherish...

Kea stepped out of the dropship and looked around. "Did anybody think that the commander would actually come with us? These guys consider themselves as 'too important' to come with us." As she grumbled that, she went towards the crates, she did not think that there would be anything worth stealing and definitely no one to talk to, but she gave it a try. The first crate was completely closed and warning signs, which predicted radiation and biohazardous effects for anybody daring to open it. So she steered clear of it. The next crate was enclosed as well, but only showed a radiation warning. "Great," she thought, "if it continues on like this, I'm sure I won't find anything worth taking until we reached the CIC."
But then she found something, it was a small bag. It was a bit smelly, but that didn't stop Kea from looking inside. What she found didn't surprise her at first, it was typical engineer bag, two gloves, a helmet, a toolkit and two sandwiches, which were left here a good time ago. The first one was mildewed, but the second one surprised her, the meat on it looked like it was
a) taken from a living being just a few hours ago
b) mutated, there seemed to be tumors growing on it
c) still mildewed
The toolkit was useful she took it out of the bag, as well as the gloves. And at least she wrinkled up her nose and took the weird looking has-been-a-meal out of the bag and shouted: "Does anybody need a toolkit?" and after a second she continued: "Is anybody interested in applied biology? If yes I've got something special for you!"
Suddenly, Julo.
"This DOES NOT help!"

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:36 pm

Tanya

You start by looking over the hanger and identifying anything of interest or usefulness. Roll for perception (based on a few skills)... 47.
There isn't much interesting in the hanger, or any threats for that matter (save for the thorny vine.) You pronounce the hanger as all clear. But just as you are walking back to the main group, you spot what appears to be a body in a lab coat lying on the ground next to a half-opened crate, face-down. You roll it over, but as you touch it the body crumbles away into dust, leaving nothing. The ID card attached to the body's lab coat states "Dr. Gordon Alieon, PhD. Genetics." Nothing else is on the body. You then peer in the crate. The contents are strewed around, and there is what appears to be a weapon stock sticking out of the various other components around.

Vena
You approach the thorny vine. It seems to have gotten slightly longer since you first saw it. The ventilation duct it is sticking out of is still intact, but a strange orange glow is coming out of it. Rolling for psionics... 84.
You send a pulse and detect something, something really big. The vine appears to be an apparatus of it. The thing is sentient, and sends a short message back with your ping; help me. With the message, the vine draws back. Within seconds, it is gone, and with it goes the orange glow. You also pick up on several other smaller organisms within the ventilation shaft with carnal intelligence, for they don't respond to your pulse at all. They appear to be drawing towards the vent, relatively slowly.

Kea/Ricco

"Results: Cancerous. Genome extremely unstable, composing of over 234 individual chromosomes. Stablest genetic material appears to be from a Romal, a highly aggressive aerial species resembling an pterodactyl from Earth one hundred and fifty million years ago. Small quantities of an unknown bio-mutagen detected: Handle with extreme caution."

Karl/Ytiil
The two of you begin to approach the corvette. The massive thing is lying on its side, and it's clear that the docking connectors were violently severed. The remains indicate the connectors were pulled apart by force. The corvette is also pressed up against the wall, making a large dent in it. You estimate it to be about 60 meters long. Along the wall are hundreds of crates, all piled up against the wall as if they were being pulled towards it. Rolling for luck as you near it... 52. Nothing happens as you approach it, and you see a way in; the loading ramp is ajar, open enough that you might be able to get it open.
Last edited by Professor Fenway on Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cannonfodder

Post by cannonfodder » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:59 pm

I look forward to the introduction of the 100 meter battleships

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:19 pm

And the 200-meter dreadnoughts.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:56 pm

I don't get it. It's not a big ship in the hanger. But since you complain, I will lower class to a corvette.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:02 pm

Professor Fenway wrote:I don't get it.
Calling a ship that is 60m a frigate is like calling a gocart with an armed driver a tank.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:11 pm

Spoiler:
Vena "Anomaly" : Psion

Engineering: 1
Close-Quarters: 1
Psionics: 8
Logical: 3

Social: 1

Misc Stats:

Equipped:
-Unknown psionic augmentation
-EMBED™ Psionic Enhancement/Governor

-Standard hardsuit with light armor weave and computer interface
-Pouch loaded with stim shots and MREs
-Mylar/fauxlinen blanket

-Compact submachine gun
-Lucky Rock
-Standard issue knife
A short burst of loud, staccato laughter escapes Vena's mouth when she makes contact with the being. She immediately draws her submachine gun and levels it at the vent, then calls back to the rest of the group. "Anomaly's found something!" She yells in a singsong tone, "Lots of somethings."

She responded to the plea, You really don't want to be in my debt.
— David Langford
Spoiler: