Post yer RPs here.
Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK
Is RP Dying?

Post by Vinyl » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:53 am

It's clear Once More, With Feeling won't last much longer, presumably due to its relative strictness, however, Where We Left Off suffered from a terminal case of freedom. And we all know how well FPRPs go.

I ask you, is there a balance to be struck or are we merely to write/play knowing that no matter what, it will someday soon die? And moreover, is the decline of RP due to the RPs, or us?

Have we finally found ourselves at the end of the RP road?
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Re: Is RP Dying?

Post by Professor Fenway » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:18 am

No. I refuse to let them die.

Even if I do it by myself... I will tell the story of a thousand empires, a million individuals. I will tell the story of the boy orphaned after pirates destroyed his colony. I will tell the story of a nameless soldier on a suicide mission to the middle of enemy space. I will tell the story of the leaders, the people who orchestrate everything and are burdened with so much. The scientists, engineers, doctors, pilots, gunners, slaves, mercenaries, captives, prisoners, terrorists, guards, diplomats, aid workers, they all need their stories told. RP's be damned, they made it easier, the stories flow with many people.

If I don't tell these stories, who will?

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:36 am

RIP fenway, died from over exhaustion working day and night to deliver RPs. On the upside NavNet is showing (slow) progress as now I have a fully working graphical engine with an empty map I can browse and move around in ! (It also looks much neater than Error's <Harry-Potter-Spell> ground textures :tongue: )
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:34 am

Thought NavNet was a data tracker and nation sheet utility?

@Vin it's the strange Thing this forum has about RP, I feel.

More than a few rules, and limited in development? It's terrible, horrible, and sucks.
Too much freedom? Superweapon asspull time!

To me, it seems having a combination of too much freedom + one or two hardass GMs to ensure overpoweredness doesn't happen. Likely two, as then they can police each other.

On that note, if Fen, ACH, and Mercury agree (or two of the three) I will relax the rules in OMWF a bit and Rule Zero will be the new thing, essentially giving them carte blanche to balance things out.

DeadlyMiddie
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:The Orion Imperium

Post by DeadlyMiddie » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:09 am

I don't think that it's dying. I just think that we need another Empire RP, with or without the reset. The only reason I dropped off the radar in WWLO is because I couldn't keep up with the sheer amount of information anymore. So maybe we need an Empire RP with more structured information sharing. Empire RPs seem to do the best anyway.
Lead Me, Follow Me, or Get Out of My Way- General George S. Patton Jr.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:14 am

Well hence NavNet and yes Error it needs a graphical engine to present all that info in a neat, easy to acess way.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:19 am

Ah.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Samuel Clemens

Post by cats » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:05 pm

The RP's been dying for a long time. It never really got a chance to be alive.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:31 am

No RP is not dying, School just went out and restarted. Everyone's probably got better shit to do then stare at a forum currently. God if you people act like this I wonder how bad your lives become if you get fed a minute later then normal.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:53 am

As a madman psychologist I diagnose this community with aspergers.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:12 pm

Shadowcatbot wrote:Everyone's probably got better shit to do then stare at a forum currently.
I don't know about you, but I don't.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:02 pm

Shadowcatbot wrote:No RP is not dying, School just went out and restarted. Everyone's probably got better shit to do then stare at a forum currently.normal.
Yeah srsly guys, avoiding homework and anything that resembles it takes a lot of time, and so does sitting around doing fuck all.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:34 pm

It grew to be a toddler and we gave it brain damage so now we an adolescent burden on society that can't change its own diaper.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:47 pm

Daynel wrote:
Shadowcatbot wrote:No RP is not dying, School just went out and restarted. Everyone's probably got better shit to do then stare at a forum currently.normal.
Yeah srsly guys, avoiding homework and anything that resembles it takes a lot of time, and so does sitting around doing fuck all.
I can get my homework and other such done in like 5-10 minutes, leaving the remaining 7 and a half hours to sit around and do fuck all.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:05 pm

I'm in the same boat as Vinyl. HW takes too little time, rest of the time is fuck all.