I don't give a _____.
17%

Total votes: 6

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder
Whät

Post by Error » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:31 pm

So reading through old RPs and threads, I have done my SCIENCE and come to a conclusion.

0) FC has lost interest in RPs in general, explaining their decline (Occam's razor suggests this),

or

1) Everyone who has made an original RP recently has missed the 'what folks want to RP' by the better part of an astronomical unit.

Not aure which.

So either post what you'd like in a roleplay, or more likely, ignore this thread.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Re: Whät

Post by Iv121 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:44 pm

More stats less bullshit. The word "stats" got the status of "you know who" of the RP section, but honestly without some "game-like" elements in your RPs they becomes just boring dumps of text instead of some sort of gameplay that provides you challenge. Without challenge dumping huge walls of text becomes boring over time
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:38 pm

I choose option 2
Pee on everything.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:36 pm

I mostly like the Empire RPs and I'm fairly active in those. Somewhat.
Lately I have lost some energy on it, kinda burnt out, gotta recharge.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:09 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:I mostly like the Empire RPs and I'm fairly active in those. Somewhat.
Lately I have lost some energy on it, kinda burnt out, gotta recharge.
Also, without the sort of abilities old Hexalan had (IE, secret projects that are worth something, capable military, etc), I'm more or less useless.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:07 pm

I, obviously, like Empire RPs. I also think that the whole reset thing might be a mistake, if not handled well soon. Also, people should realize by now that First Person RP are doomed to die a slow, painful death.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:51 pm

I do kinda like the Empire RPs, I gotta admit that now.
However, I suppose I should be more active in them, but, well, text to read..
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:43 pm

People don't RP as much as they used to because there aren't as many people that RP. The few that are left are segregated into people that think cartoons and giant owls are valid in a decent science fiction universe and those that... don't (I was going to be really mean but I decided to be slightly less mean).

As for individual RPs, those are fun for people that like to write. Which is like three people. Those RPs don't do well because there can't be much interaction between characters without it spanning two pages and, mainly, there's not much coherent dynamism within the plot (cough Galvanized cough). And because there are, like, three people. ERPs are fun to those that think there's some actual element of game and try to ply it like an RTS. Also no one has to go into any actual depth with anything. But there's no real, set way to play the ERPs so there're always those that play it like an individual RP because everything's made up and the points don't matter.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:56 pm

That said, I managed a few sessions of an FPRP; but i used roll20 (offsite tabletop thingy) and it died anyhow. If we could find a way to use that - and convince folks to show up - plus couple it with a decent GM (cats, Fen), that might work.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:21 pm

And if you could do it more often than once in a blue moon.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW