Once More, With Feeling

Post yer RPs here.
Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder
Re: Once More, With Feeling

Post by Error » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:36 am

Fair enough.

A large colony fleet, consiting of 132 vessels, have left Terra; Fleet Commander Aurex of the Sigma Antares Fleet has noted they are striking out on their own to 'escape this madness.'

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:58 am

I'll limit my sonic-stuff as much as I can.
Say the planet is called Mobius, the local species are Mobians, but the other intelligent species on the planet (human-like, called "Overlanders" by Mobians) has defeated them in a global war and established a dictatorship under Eggman - the first of their leaders who the Empire was named after.
Apart form that I'll try to not do Sonic lore, I'll even stop doing Chaos Emeralds, those are OP early-game anyway.
Please call me out on it if I slip and do throw in unnccessary Sonic lore, I'll fix it in that case.

Edit: I changed the names

@Orion I think the problem with your species is that so far there has practically been no galactic politics, most species only have incredibly inefficient FTL and many only just discovered the tech, effectively having an already pre-established species that has been "scavenging after every war" would not make sense, partly due to a lack of wars.
Last edited by Ivan2006 on Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Error

Post by Error » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:04 am

Humans and Strig are the only ones with truly good FTL: Strig Yttrium Drives and humans with Hyperspace Drives. Warp drives exist, but are really slow; jump, slipstream, wormhole, and quantum tunnel drives are still the stuff of sci-fi (can't be done, yet.)

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:10 am

T.O. Bright wrote:Humans and Strig are the only ones with truly good FTL
You specist * and your two species galaxy ideals. You know some of us are more then capable of developing things just as fast as you if not better, It's not as if Humanity was the beginning of time.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Error

Post by Error » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:29 am

The other races had no driving need to constantly improve their tech; being in a war gave the humans a "improve or die" mentality.

The rest of the species not fighting a similar do-or-die war wouldn't have the same high-speed tech process.

TheOrion
Midshipman
Midshipman
Affiliation:ISF
IGN:flyer45549

Post by TheOrion » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:35 am

Ivan2006 wrote: @Orion I think the problem with your species is that so far there has practically been no galactic politics, most species only have incredibly inefficient FTL and many only just discovered the tech, effectively having an already pre-established species that has been "scavenging after every war" would not make sense, partly due to a lack of wars.
Main Problem for Me Atm is that the Scavs Could've been originated from the Skytherians, but unless these arent here yet, Well. You see.

And we Just had a Human-Strigi Conflict, I'd say there Was more than Enoguht Thing to Salvage. And Asteroids can be Mined too.
That Salvage thing is why the ISF actually Has Somekind of 2nd-Row Drives, Reenginered from Wrecks.
prototype wrote:If you need help unfucking gradle let me know

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:56 am

The Eggman Empire successfuly got their first warp drive running and are now starting to implement that technology into their sizable warfleet. Their philosophy behind doing so being "There is pretty certainly other sentient life in this galaxy and if we manage to build FTLs they probably will to and we should be prepared for that."
In other words, some warp signatures could be recorded around the EE homeworld (IDK how far we are yet in terms of FTL detection and interception)

@Orion, your faction has not yet had contact with them. They can't do salvage yet because they don't know there's anything to salvage.
Period. Respect the rules or get kicked out of the RP. And this time the GM has moderator powers, so I'd watch out.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Error

Post by Error » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:59 am

@Orion @Ivan the Strigiforme-Terran war was... noticable. As in, a number of planets were glassed, fleets rekt, and such; the Scavs are probably very aware of the war, even if the Strig and humans aren't aware of them.

TheOrion
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by TheOrion » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:11 am

Alright then.

Thought We're already at a Time Facs know Each other, my Mistake.
(Putting this lil Backstory into Spoilers, im not shure if thsi version is better now.)
EDIT. i malso not shure if this is nessecary, but at least it solves the Where did they came from? Question.
Spoiler:
At the Edge of the Galaxy:
First, there was nothing Aroun the Orbit of the unnamed Star, not Even a Planet. But then, suddenly, an Anomaly opened above the Star, Becoming Bigger and Bigger. somethign came out of it, a Gigantic Space Station. it has been Sucked into The Anomaly from an unknown, far World. After recoverign from the Stress of the Travel, it was decided to let the statio ihnabited by at least 2 million souls to stay in orbit around the Star. The Station was originally an old Mining Rig, and served as an Shipyard prior being Transported to the Edge of the Galaxy. The original Plan was to Colonise planets, but soon after the Jump, The Station's Dicator-like leaders were overruled by the Population, and a new, Democratic Goverment took their Place.
After Detecting Warp Signatures, the Leaders of the now Interstellar Sayoryk Federation, named after the now only "The Station" called Vessel that bought them here, Decided to Send Messages, and their Fastest Scout vessels are being Readied for the Long, Cross-Galaxy Travel They'll do while searching for the Source of the Warp Signature.
Last edited by TheOrion on Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Error

Post by Error » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:12 am

Capitalizing word At semi-Random is improper Grammar, Orion. Just saying, You know?

TheOrion
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by TheOrion » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:15 am

T.O. Bright wrote:Capitalizing word At semi-Random is improper Grammar, Orion. Just saying, You know?
Sorry, but i somehow end up with that happening all times, derp me and my writing skills.

PS: its probably because im somehow auto-clicking the shift key all time(While writing this sentence, it happened 3 times.)

DeadlyMiddie
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:The Orion Imperium

Post by DeadlyMiddie » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:16 am

The Orion Imperium has sent a colony fleet of 140 ships to Alpha Centauri. 20 of those ships are destroyers, and 10 are cruisers.
Imperator August Tellaeya I has ordered the prioritized production of military equipment.

//TRANSMISSION TO NOVAN COMMONWEALTH//

The Imperium would like to establish new trade lanes with you. Should you accept, we will immediately start the flow of goods.

//END//
Lead Me, Follow Me, or Get Out of My Way- General George S. Patton Jr.

Error

Post by Error » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:24 am

Derping intensifies.

The only established Human/Terran empire is the Terran Union (which is splintering).

Everyone else is leaving or has left, and are, maximum, 5 years old, meaning all there is are fledgeling micronations.

Also, the Commonwealth doesn't exist yet. It's Colony Fleet Sigma Antares ATM.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:53 am

Since I want to re-enact the entire NR Hierarchy timeline, I start as an advanced tech corporation as the main competitor to Techtron Industries

Nation Name: NR-Hierarchy
Government System: Corporate Hierarchy
If your empire were a bird, what bird would it be?: Kea
Homeworld or Founding Planet: Antioch

Note: Invented a secondary method of FTL travel in direct competition with Techtron; Point-to-Point Fold Drives.

Error

Post by Error » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:59 am

Works. I feel jump drives would be slow and inefficient (as with all prototypes), but WB to the RP.