Post yer RPs here.
TheOrion
Midshipman
Midshipman
Affiliation:ISF
IGN:flyer45549
Re: Once More, With Feeling

Post by TheOrion » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:28 am

Scav Scanners picked up unusual FTL readings, Scout Ships have been Sended. The Source of the FTL Readings seems to be a Ship in orbit around an habitateable Planet, Yet to be named by officials. Primitive Long Range Scans Showed at Least 3 Ships in Orbit or near the Planet.

Scout Ship Captain Asarid Faranir is holding Contact with main control center aboard the Homestation, Expected ETA is said to be at least 5 hours from now.
Last edited by TheOrion on Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
prototype wrote:If you need help unfucking gradle let me know

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:10 am

Small correction: you're not picking up a transmition, the ME doesn't have hyperpulse or Warp-comms yet, they only just now found out how to do an FTL. They're still communicating via radio waves, long-range transmitions are litterally done by sending a probe over.
Last edited by Ivan2006 on Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

TheOrion
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by TheOrion » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:13 am

Ivan2006 wrote:Small correction: you're not picking up a transmition, the EE doesn't have hyperpulse or Warp-comms yet, they only just now found out how to do an FTL. They're still communicating via radio waves, long-range transmitions are litterally done by sending a probe over.
Sorry for that, gonna Correct that to FTL Readings.

Derp me, sorry, but i cant really read Accurate atm, im just doing this quick between my Working Sheets.

EDIT. Rewrote the entire thing.

Orion cannot into RP.
Last edited by TheOrion on Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:17 am

Fen, hyperpulse relays would still be vital for sending information over great distances. If I get this right, your warp radio can be compared to, say, a wifi emitter, sending out signals in a certain, limited area, while the hyperpulse relays are fiberoptic cables, sending information quickly over great distances but just from point A to point B.
If anything, there would be an increased demand of hyperpulse relays.

TechTron Industries have announced plans to buy military spaceships from the Terran Union to stay protected from outside forces until they can rely on producing their own ships. Another option would be asking the nations of the galaxy if they are willing to trade construction of a hyperpulse lane to Earth for ships.

Graphene processor prototypes are showing great promise, current models being 50x more efficient than silicone processors. The first processor available to the public is planned for release within a few months.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:42 am

Ah, but signal length is limited purely by the size of the transmitter. One or two of them can cover an entire system, and even adjacent systems, without the need for many hyperpulse relays.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:52 am

Still, hyperpulse systems are *required* for transmission beyond ~10 LY, so they're still common enough.

The colony fleet has arrived at their namesake system; entering orbit of the third planet, they have begun initial landings. One of the fleet's vessels, a decommissioned landing cruiser, has set down and deployed a number of fabrication systems.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:54 am

As the (unidentified) Scav scout enters the newly designated Qanov-system, the ME forces stop it form getting closer to the planet after it leaves warp by fireing a warning shot, letting a torpedo explode before its bow.

The ME focuses its research on a better way of interstellar communication than sending probes. Using warp technology is considered as well as the still-theoretical "hyperspace engines".

Other than that, the ME has managed to replicate the process causing psionic activity in organics artificially, further challenges are to "kickstart" the system - while the engineers believe it can maintain a psionic node, it can not create one - and to make it possible to apply the psionic power.
Last edited by Ivan2006 on Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:46 am

No.

Use of the name 'Equestria' is Not On - replace it with an original name.
Ponies are Not Happening, and I *will* edit posts to ensure this, if required.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:50 am

@Error better?
Quotes:
Spoiler:

TheOrion
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by TheOrion » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:03 am

After the Scout Ship had almost been hit from a Shot of the Unknown Vessel, the commanding officer decided to leave the shields up, but dont activate any Weapons Systems.

Currently, the Ship's Crew is preparing to Launch an unmanned and unarmed Satelite, to try and make contact with the yet unknown Vessels, since it doesnt seems to be able to encode the usual Standart communication messages, neither in words, nor in pictures.

Meanwhile, Reports of an almost intact Dreadnaught Floating in Deepspace that has been discovered by Salvage ships are being Transmitted to the Mainstation, proof is estimated with the Salvage ship is returning from it's Journey.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:11 am

//Terran Union News\\
NR-Hierarchy is seeking damages equal to 12 trillion credits ((I'm assuming credits is the currency)) in it's lawsuit against the government, amid further claims made that the government "siezed NR-Hierarchy propriety technology" during the war and "distributed it unlawfully to its competitors, ignoring technological patents." NR-Hierarchy expects the government to pay fully. The issue has rapidly reached the Terran Union Supreme Court.

Meanwhile, stocks in TechTron industries have risen nearly 8% after NR-Hierarchy escalated the lawsuit, with stocks on NR-Hierarchy falling 5%.
\\END//

The NR-Hierarchy military force is growing.

Research has also begun on improved fusion reactors, both large scale and small scale. It is hoped that very large and very miniaturized reactors will be possible.

Error

Post by Error » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:42 am

@Ivan not by much. Seriously, can you not just randomize planet names or pull from sci-fi/realscience material?

The colony on Sigma Antares III has grown rapidly, with almost the entirety of the population settled on the surface.

The world has been determined to be approximately 97% ocean, with a small island chain in the northern hemisphere; maximum ocean depth has been calculated (via MASER-ranging) to be roughly twenty-six kilometers.

The fleet's doctors are having a field day; a number of unknown illnesses have cropped up already, resulting in increased material allocation to the fleet's three hospital ships.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:52 am

The Expeditionary Fleet has finished readying and is being released to the Admiral's command. He has chosen, out of the closest systems, the most prospective, with no more than two potentially habitable planets and are, if anything, rich in heavy metals.

Large tracts of land have been made into residential areas. Previously settled areas are receiving buffs, most prominently to starports.

The leading research project is that of an orbital elevator, which would greatly simplify the transport of materials to the burgeoning orbital industry.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:10 pm

The drone launched from the unknown vessel (read: the scav "sattelite") has been recorded sending radio signals. ME technicians are working hard to decode its message and are sending unencrypted ME propaganda at it in a hopes of establishing communications. (means: you can possibly get a clear picture of ME propaganda videos, you won't be able to read or understand it tho - different alphabet and language - at this point)

OOC: Changed system and planet name to Qanov, pulled from the planet name function of the much-praised random name generator. That should go, yes?
Last edited by Ivan2006 on Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

TheOrion
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by TheOrion » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:23 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:The drone launched from the unknown vessel (read: the scav "sattelite") has been recorded sending radio signals. EE technicians are working hard to decode its message and are sending unencrypted EE propaganda at it in a hopes of establishing communications. (means: you can possibly get a clear picture of EE propaganda videos, you won't be able to read or understand it tho - different alphabet and language - at this point)

Sorry for that Satellite Thing. i realyl need to get myself sorted.

Anyway, the Scout vessel Commander couldnt really belive what he saw flickering across the Monitors. He asked his Comm officer if these Pictures were really sended, the officer responded with a Short nod. The Commander left the Bridge for the Main Comm-Room, since this was the First time another Spacefaring-Sentient Species was really encountered, and Communicated with.

//BACKSTORY//
The Scavengers are active in the known Galaxy from about the middle Period of the Terran-Strig War, and are aware there must be life out there, since on their Journeys they often examined and Collected Debris and Derelict Spacecraft from the war. Brief encounters with the other Factions exist, but usually the Encountering Scav vessel hided and flew back to the Mainstation upon Sighting an Vessel on the Monitors.
Their existence to the rest of the Galaxy is a Mistery, but it has often been noted that Derelict crafts often dissapeared shortly after their evacuation, thought noone knows what was happening.
//END OF BACKSTORY//