Once More, With Feeling

Post yer RPs here.
Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF
Re: Once More, With Feeling

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:44 am

The hyperpulse relay line between Technoma and Earth has been finished. Everyone living on Technoma can now at last enjoy live TV shows and gigabyte-speed internet connections.

The south pole research facility has been completed. This has opened up for several new branches of research. Plans are being made for another research facility in the system's asteroid fields.

Transport lines between Earth and Technoma have exited planning stage, production has started. Assumed completion in 3 months (page 15).

Graphene processors are nearing completion, but not yet quite ready for public release. The release date has been set to be in one and a half month (page 12). Installation in military ships of the Terran Union as according to contracts will be in a week.

Researchers are making good progress in deciphering Nivanashe language through their messages.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:32 pm

The Commonwealth has officially created a military, repurposing its aging Terran frigates for civilian use. The newly-minted Commonwealth Star Navy has laid down a new vessel, colloquially termed a 'battlecarrier'; intended to have the direct-combat ability of a battleship, with the fighter/bomber capacity of a carrier.

This vessel is being built solely by the government at Atlantis Fleet Shipyards, a set of 4 converted construction ships.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:01 am

RP is dying, Better do something. *rolls dice and shakes magic 8 ball*
Novus I choose you!

A scout ship jumps into a system with high levels of Latin and Dr.Phil (read: Novans) and proceeds to first contact by raping the radio.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:42 am

I think the reason nothing's happening is because people are making stuff and one month is two pages, and since no one has reason to post until their things are finished no more pages are made, so nothing happens.

Therefore I propose one-and-a-half month timejump, graphene processors were installed in Union spaceships a month or so ago, the world's first civilian graphene processor has been released for an affordable price. TTI marketing people assume that this will revolutionize computer technology and greatly boost TechTron stocks.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:58 am

Sounds good.

Thanks to the direct communication between the ME and the Scavs on their freighters, basic information on each other has been exchanged and a general translation key has been created for their languages.

Hyperpulse transmitions are being put in favor of warp radios in science funding, with basic demonstators currently being assembled.

Due to the Scav reporting many ship wreckages being found - which they salvage - the ME is assuming presence of other spacefaring factions and their potential hostility in the galaxy and has produced further ships. The new, enlarged ME fleet is being split into three: The Macaian Defense Fleet (40 ships), the Qanov Defense Fleet (20 ships) and the Fast Response Fleet (21 ships).
Last edited by Ivan2006 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:05 am

OOC, If we ever hit a pause like that, time-jump ahead until the next person's notable project is complete. Also, the Commonwealth is on the far side of the Terran Union from you, Shadow, and is one system. So... that bit is retconned unless you're a long way from home.

BIC, The Harlqeuin orders of the Hexalani and TTI are filled; the final shipment to the NR Hierarchy is to be completed within a week.

Simulations of the new Hunter II have surprised engineers; the craft is considerably more maneuverable than intended. A gunship variant is being considered.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:37 am

6 more detonations have occurred on the habitable world (during the jump)-the last proved disastrous.

The science ship strayed too close to the explosion and was knocked out by a massive wave of radiation. The ship entered the atmosphere and crashed near a highly populated area. NR has declared an emergency and is preparing to vaporize the crashed ship from orbit to prevent cross-contamination and technological corruption on the industrial species.

Military buildup is going well, and the local government structures have been appropriately established. The Hierarch has finally been selected; Taylan Hales has been selected as the first Hierarch of the Dominion of Neo-Antioch

[Meta]After being able to reproduce the reactor detonations outside of the reactor utilizing the experimental ignition beams, the first weapon prototype has been developed. It possesses a range of a few kilometers before the beams lose coherence, and the range is the primary issue before it can be released. Charging time is also a concern, as the beams take a while to charge and must be fired immediately or risk detonation.

The weapon has been named the 'Fusion Coil Splicer'.

Parallel development utilizing the same principle has also been occurring, with promising results. Any element other than iron could theoretically be put into this reactor, but only high energy density elements (like Uranium, Hydrogen, and-oddly enough- yttrium) can be realistically sustained within the reactor. Energy output is a major concern, as so much energy is outputted on initial activation that all power couplings are melted before the output drops to reasonable levels. Prototypes using low-temperature superconductors appear to skirt this issue, but requires careful control over temperature both in the reactor walls and the conductors themselves. [/Meta]

TheOrion
Midshipman
Midshipman
Affiliation:ISF
IGN:flyer45549

Post by TheOrion » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:37 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:Sounds good.

Thanks to the direct communication between the ME and the Scavs on their freighters, basic information on each other has been exchanged and a general translation key has been created for their languages.

Hyperpulse transmitions are being put in favor of warp radios in science funding, with basic demonstators currently being assembled.

Due to the Scav reporting many ship wreckages being found - which they salvage - the ME is assuming presence of other spacefaring factions and their potential hostility in the galaxy and has produced further ships. The new, enlarged ME fleet is being split into three: The Macaian Defense Fleet (40 ships), the Qanov Defense Fleet (20 ships) and the Fast Response Fleet (20 ships).
Sorry For being Largely Inactive durign Periods. Bloody Work Exams.

Anyway, back to RP.

1st, i'll okay how you managed to do the conclusion.
2nd, Scav Authoritys have asked the ME's goverment to Sign Both a Peace Treaty and a knowledge&Tech exchange, to allow for longtime peace and further Developement of both Factions Technology, since both have Tech the other's havent.
prototype wrote:If you need help unfucking gradle let me know

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:40 pm

A non-agression pact and a knowledge-exchange agreement, spanning topics ranging from technology to galaxy maps, have been signed between the ME and the Scavs.

Edit: I mde some google docs files on relevant ME space and ME fleet composition, will try to keep updated
https://docs.google.com/document/d/18Ra ... sp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:08 pm

With basic translation between the Nivanshae collective and TechTron completed the more advanced speech followed and is quickly being translated through diplomats. The innate psionic mind between the Nivanshae has assisted in spreading these translations faster.
A treaty of peaceful intent has been proposed to TechTron.
And a request for TechTron to deliver a diplomatic message to any other space ferring groups known to it from the Nivanshae to promote faster first contact.
A research trade is also being proposed on the side for the trading of information about Nivanshae Energy tech for something of equal value from TechTron.
---------------
@Error
Technically the location of the Nivanshae is undefined so I could be coming from anywhere for all that matters. And the fact that Nivanshae explorers are derping everywhere in search of life.
----------------
Population has increased to suitable levels for the colonies and a rigorous five year plan has been set down.

The Faiw have been integrated near fully, Miniscule problems such as crime and health issues are practically nonexistent from modern technologies being applied to them. Genetics research has shown Psionic potential in the Faiw, Plans to alter the entire population are being made to help overcome the language barrier as the Faiw are incapable of producing or hearing several tones of Nivanshae speech however implementing a Psionic gene will allow them to access the hive mind and disent information from others near instantly.
Last edited by Shadowcatbot on Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:25 pm

The crashed research ship has been destroyed via orbital strike within 8 hours of its downfall. Unfortunately, the final logs indicate that the on-board warp drive was still active and functional when the ship went down; it is unknown if this was recovered by the local sentients.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:46 am

@Shadowcat, no Zuguth, the planet Zuguth hasn't been found yet. This is the early days of spaceness, under TechTron Industries.

Nivanashae requests and propositions have been accepted.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:26 am

MR scouts have discovered spaceborne activity in a system as they were trying to chart it. It appears to the scout, which stayed in solar orbit a distinctive distance away from the other ships in the system and sent back a drone carrying the message of the discovery, that there is a war going on in the system due to a large explosion being recorded on the surface of a planet, likely nuclear. Several hours later, the drone reports that the fleet of spaceships has begun bombarding the planet. (@Fenway I'm in the system you are in and may be detected by whoever of your guys came and destroyed the research ship. Your turn.)
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:45 am

OOC: And now most of dem Human factions of importance have been enlightened of my existence.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:46 am

The N.R.S Undrylan, which has destroyed the research ship, has detected an unknown ship approaching the NR planet in the system. It has moved to intercept the ship.

Hierarch Taylan Hales welcomes the Nivanshae on behalf of all NeoRomans.