OOC: How do you make those ships?
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Re: Seclusion

Post by Prototype » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:05 pm

Daynel wrote:OOC: How do you make those ships?
OOC: steal them from another franchise
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:14 pm

Or in this case, stolen from an indie artist without giving credit. Smooth move, Fen.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:58 pm

Ok, it's not mine. And it has a copyright. OK? I just thought it's good. I'll take it down and go into a corner...

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:15 am

This never got started? Why? WHY!

I'll start.

Ash pulled his ship out of warp and looked out the cracked view-screen. He noticed a nearby space-station, and set his course for it. Pretty soon, a comm message came in. "This is the Hescel orbital refinery. Unidentified ship, please state your name and business."

Ash switched on the channel. "This is Captain Ash of the Merlin, here for a mining contract with Extraction Solutions."

"Are you serious?" the station replied amusingly. "Hey guys look! It's the global screw-up! How's the miner life punk?" Laughter. "Get yourself to Caldus. Your debt awaits!" More laughter. Ash sighed and shook his head in disgust, and then pulled up a system map. It was full of static, barely readable, but he identified Caldus and set a course.

Halfway there, a notification arrived. Apparently, Darius needed something. Ash put the ship on autopilot- It was a bit unreliable, but they were in deep space. What could happen?

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:50 pm

Oh yeah, I still haven't made a character.

Race: Feles
Name: Karth'Hakar
Skills, training: Extensive training in 'business' and experience in combat.

'Hakar is the adopted brother of the rogue heir of Duchy of Karth, Karth'Esh, who also happens to be the head of Dithar Corp. The Matriarch Duchess Karth' adopted 'Hakar from the same clan as 'Esh's father and current Karth'Duke. The duchess adopted Hakar to take the place of 'Esh when he joined the TSRFM Military. Hakar would not fill the position, as he followed in his brother's footsteps and traveled with a merc group for much of his young adulthood. He frequented the Lambda Leonis system in order to gain an apprenticeship of sorts from 'Esh. Eventually, Hakar ceased his mercenary work and joined Dithar, gaining a large portion of stock from his brother. He is now head of Dithar Void Development in Seclusion.

*Duke/Duchess/Dukeclan in modern FM society refers to any individual or family that owns and controls a large amount of territory, at least 50,000,000km[sup]2[/sup]. This is not an official government classification.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:30 pm

Oh yeah, I haven't either...
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re:

Post by cats » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:01 pm

Vinyl wrote:Oh yeah, I haven't either...
Are you going to?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Re: Re:

Post by Vinyl » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:11 pm

catsonmeth wrote:
Are you going to?
No. Why would I?
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Re:

Post by cats » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:28 pm

Vinyl wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:
Are you going to?
No. Why would I?
Spoiler:
'Hakar Stared out of the panoramic window, at the alloy refinery below and the Planetside experimental reactor beyond it. The window polarized itself as the sun peaked over the station's shell. He stepped back off of the viewing ledge and sat down in his heavily cushioned office chair, glancing at the bottle of ancient Earth brandy. 'Hakar never had a taste for the drink, but he kept one close just in case his brother paid an unexpected visit, as he had been doing sporadically since he awarded 'Hakar the Seclusion operation. Other than a slight lack of ornamentation, 'Hakar's office was a near exact replica of his brother's. He liked the style, but decided that he didn't need the burden of decorating himself.

Enough of this pointless observation, there is work to be done. He needed to be steeling himself for today's test of the Microslip Merging Device, something that had been working on for the two years that he's been here. The weapon, given that it works correctly, is capable of pushing anything smaller than a corvette into Hyperspace, ripping it apart or transporting it safely. He leaned forward in his chair, leaned on his polished hardwood desk, and extracted a small, flat glass plank from his pocket. He activated the holotablet and began scrolling through various reports.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:27 pm

Ash returned to the bridge to see everything going to hell. Someone on the comm was screaming, "This is a Dithar Co. Private Facility! Change Course immediately!" His helm showed a collision warning. The view-screen showed a massive station looming ahead. His autopilot said everything was fine. Furious, he disengaged it and pulled away. He stopped and then turned on the comm.

"Sorry about that, my Autopilot is a bit unreliable..." he started.

The operator cut off. "Well get the damn thing fixed! Who are you and where are you headed?"

Ash sighed. Not again. "Captain Ash of the Merlin, headed to the Extraction Solutions Inc. Orbital Yard." He was met with silence from the other end. "Hello?" He heard mumbling in the background and increased the sound clarity to listen.

"...almost got us killed, should we trust him?"

"He's the only one who took this 'offer'. We have no choice."

"Alright. Contact 'Hakar. He's in charge of this." Ash quickly turned down the volume as the operator returned to the comm station. "Ash, I suggest you land at this station. Now."

"But I thought this was a Dithar Co. facility, I was going..."

"Don't ask questions! As of clause 132 of your 'contract' you are bound to our orders until released! And if you're thinking of running, we've got at least 50 different weapon systems pointed right at you. In that junker, I don't believe you have a choice." Ash sighed.

"Alright, alright." Ash took over manual control and began to guide the ship down. He looked at the route map to see where the Extraction Solution's facility supposedly was. He wasn't surprised when it hovered right over him.

Not surprised at all.