Iv's NavNet Util 2.0

Post yer RPs here.
Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN
Iv's NavNet Util 2.0

Post by Iv121 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:58 pm

Well remember my NavNet project I began making a while ago ? Yesterday I finally had time to continue working on it so I tried to find its files aaaand .... its gone, have no idea where it is so I have to start from scratch. This time around however I tried to make it more organized so I first made a diagram of my end futures. I thought Id share it with you guys so let me know what you think and where I should add / remove stuff. Its generally hard to understand as I was very minimalistic in words, it was meant for me but if I already made it so I thought I could show you it as an added bonus and if possible hear some stuff about it that might be useful.
Spoiler:

There’s also class and function diagrams that I wont bother you with.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Re: Iv's NavNet Util 2.0

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:02 pm

I don't have the time to look through the details but from a cursory glance looks pretty good to me. Il pop back later and look into it more.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:13 pm

I have no idea what this is, but it looks very Ivish. Keep up the... work.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:36 pm

I have no idea what this is. Plx xplain.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:43 pm

looks gr8 m8 no h8 r8 8/8
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:48 pm

Those are diagrams that describe (in a very minimalistic way) the end futures of NavNet, lets take for example the BattlePlanner, an utility that allows you to make simple map cinematic that help explain you strategies or visualize the battle outcome (eventually saving up time on writing too !). There are 4 main categories by which I divided the futures, they also happen to be the screens that the battlePlanner has. In the middle you have the main screen where all the action happens (and where you drag the objects onto in create mode), there is the object screen where the action happens and the text screen where what happens is explained for the viewer. You can also hover over a ship/object to see some data about it.

Next you got the objects window only working during editing where you have a vast variety of things you can use to create your battle with. Next you got the playback panel which controls the flow of screens in a presentation-like fashion (with subcreens being a dumbed down method of making animations in a single screen). You can also add those screens in create mode here. Finally you got options which are mainly used in create mode to create new battles and to link them to events in Main NavNet (note the "Battle plan" options in the map diagram)

Saravanth
Captain
Captain

Post by Saravanth » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:02 pm

So what's NavNet?

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:15 pm

An RP util that helps both you and the GM keep track of the RP happenings. It also helps the GM to fairly decide the outcome of things using a wide range of tools (mainly stats that are also neatly kept track of here). OFC I know all of you ppl who are afraid of change are gonna dismiss this util as "limiting", tbh every single future that exists in this util has a "custom" button that should in theory make anything you desire possible, moreover nobody canceled the forum .

Saravanth
Captain
Captain

Post by Saravanth » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:25 pm

Nah, I think this is actually a good idea.

Then again, I don't RP...

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:54 am

As long as it doesn't automatically calculate battles via algorithms and diceroll, I am fine.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:33 am

Too complicated, best it can do is give you a built-in dice option ;) , ohh and fancy event suggestions !

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:36 am

Narrative convention + fluff is more fun. But this could definitely be handy.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:39 am

the thing is that the way I understand it, this could be used for narrative convention type RPs just like any other, but still offer useful tools for keeping track of stuff.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:27 pm

If you wanted to make a story generator you could make a self filling MadGabb kinda system. But it'd be complicated as hell to make anything decent.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:14 pm

I really didn't mate, you can see EVERYTHING I planned and didn't plan for NavNet in those very diagrams I posted.