Galvanized

Post yer RPs here.
Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Re: Galvanized

Post by Luna » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:54 pm

"Ah *," Sasha followed Ash albiet much slower and was not able to get into her fighter by the time Ash had launched. By the time she had hit the button the ship began evasion again. Her fighter made it mostly through cleanly but nudged the back end of it sending her spinning. She stabilized the vehicle and took a moment to make sure everything was really in place. "Alright Vanadian i'm clear. Ash i'm right behind you," Shasha accelerated to drop into formation with Ash's craft.
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Prototype wrote:F-14s are just gay Tornados.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:57 pm

"Next time, read the damn checklist and don't try to launch from a rotating ship, hmmkay? Thirty seconds to target. Arming weapons."

Solar112
Captain
Captain
IGN:Solar112

Post by Solar112 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:11 pm

((I don't suppose I could hop out of an airlock and start shooting at it with my XM109?))

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:12 pm

Delta wrote:((I don't suppose I could hop out of an airlock and start shooting at it with my XM109?))
Lets stop and think about the consequences ok? That doesn't seem to be your characters thing but I don't think Ash or Sasha want to go and get you.
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:59 pm

Reid donned the helmet again to protect his cranium against the erratic acceleration of Kamikaze's maneuvering and pushed off from his corner. He glided toward the table, grasped the drone specimen, and pulled it from the magnetic surface. Cradling the broken machine, he kicked the table, sending himself through the door and into the access corridor. He missed the ladder by a few inches and continued to the armory, where he adjusted his trajectory and dashed to his locker. He opened it and quickly extracted a pair of vice grips. They locked around the projector on the underside of the machine. Reid put the drone under his feet and pulled upward. Something failed within the device and the laser detached from the main body. The weapon appeared to be in good condition, maybe even functional. He thrust it into the locker and recovered the main body of the singed skeleton, which had bounced off of a bulkhead and was drifting in the middle of the room. Hallix is going to be tick.

The technology was completely foreign, as Reid had suspected, but he reached into the hole created by the lack of laser and probed. His fingers brushed something loose. He pulled the component out and examined it as the ship was buffeted by its maneuvering thrusters. As he opened the locker in search of a power source, he hoped he had found what he was looking for: an IFF rather than a distress beacon.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:32 pm

Delta wrote:((I don't suppose I could hop out of an airlock and start shooting at it with my XM109?))
You could, However, Your character would be stuck in space floating away and completely defenseless, If any drone got near you it would rip your suit apart and cause you to die from spontaneous decompression more then likely.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:44 am

He'd be more likely to die from air loss but yeah.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:09 am

Keep in mind that you're the most highly trained individuals in the United States, and should act as such. Don't be stupid.
BIC:

The laser capacitors charged and Hallix fired them, locking onto the drone. He watched the screen showing the drone. There was a brief sparkle from the drone's surface, but nothing else. It did not melt or burst into flame as expected. He deactivated the emitters. "Laser weapons ineffective!" He yelled to Vanidan. "Switching to railguns!" He turned on the intercom to those on the deck. "Switching to railguns, load AP tungsten slugs!"

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:23 am

Ash adjuzted her fighter's attitude before si ply pulling the main trigger; a stream of HE shells spat from the fighter's nose gun, several impacting the drone.

The radar signature of the drone split; several pieces went sailing away, and the main body began maneuvering erratically as the fighter sailed past, rotating for a second run.

"Target hit. HE shows good effect. Sasha, stay out of Kamikaze's line of fire."

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:10 pm

"I'm only following you Ash, I know you don't believe it but I know what I'm doing," Sasha broke off as Ash turned to make another run at the drone. Sasha manuvered the fighter into a distant orbit around the drone carefully adjusting each second to stay with its erratic movements. Several small bursts of gunfire shot out peppering the drone. "We might not need those railguns, a few more bursts and it probably won't be functional," Sasha continued to chip away at drone
"The Sky is the Limit"

Julo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by Julo » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:25 pm

[I id a mistake Edit, please ignore]
Last edited by Julo on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Suddenly, Julo.
"This DOES NOT help!"

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:37 pm

You passed out for that long? Ow, Concussion most definantly and also why the hell does the turret spin fast enough to injure the operator (In-fact, Why does the operator sit in it? In a space fight having to rotate an entire room is much slower then rotating just a gun and some ammo).
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:12 pm

Sorry, have to step in. Neither the room nor the operator is rotating with the turret's rotation. Turret rotates on its own bearings. This is to avoid situation you just described.

BIC:

Hallix monitored the screen as the drone spun uselessly. Power signatures were dropping... and then nothing. All dark. He keyed a transmission to the two fighters. "All drone signatures dark. Bring the birds home, holding hangers open and steady." He opened the hangers remotely and Vanidan held the ship steady. He switched to the ship. "Sensors reporting no readings from enemy drone. Alert level zero, returning to normal operation."

But as he watched the drone, something sparked and the drone moved a bit. Imperceptibly. Nothing else went off. He looked at Vanidan, who was busy running diagnostics, and looked at the screen. Nothing.

He couldn't shake the feeling that something was watching him. He un-clipped himself from the seat and pushed off. "Vanidan, once the birds dock, bring us alongside the wreck and park it next to the lower airlock hatch. I want to bring this drone aboard."

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:00 am

Reid opened a channel to the ship's intercom system from his helmet. "Hallix, I've got what I think is an IFF tag analog from that specimen, some kind of passive EM broadcaster, anyway. Short range, so it's probably not a distress beacon. I may be able to make it think that the drone is still alive. Then, if the others pick up the signal, they might not attack the ship. At least temporarily; I don't think they're stupid. If it works, we'll have to get another one soon."

He closed the channel and soldered another wire to the device. A puff of smoke was sucked into the nearby ventilation duct as the contents of his opened locker drifted around the armory. The naked sword and alien energy projector drifted past. As he retrieved them, he was struck by an idea.

The sword's induction apparatus could produce enough heat to damage flesh, not nearly enough to do any damage to metal. Augmented with advanced technology, it's possible that he could significantly boost the output.

::: WEAPON UPGRADE: +30 ATTACK AGAINST AUTOMATONS, +1000 * SIZE :::
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:08 am

She had hoped they wouldn't have any serious engagements in space, being one of the apparent few who could only serve to get in other's ways.

I just hope it doesn't take us much more longer to get there.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe