What've I missed?

Post yer RPs here.
cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Re: What've I missed?

Post by cats » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:05 pm

See: "Everything that happened a few months prior to my leaving," and you'll get a better idea of why I'm not participating. The childish races were hardly my largest concern, though still enough of a deterrent. I don't care to partake in your game. I never have and I will continue, as I said in the OP. I have neither the time nor the energy to restart what failed so miserably nor the patience to overlook what I consider the persisting, glaring flaws in the universe and canon. I only say that I'll occasionally post to this sub because I plan to work for Proto some with the Flan's pack and any activity on the forums at all will most likely result in the RP becoming a sink for my ideas, including the Combine.
The Batiss Combine will exist, more or less, in the current "canon" because of its small-but-somewhat-important inclusion in previous lore, and in my own alternative universe (which will mostly deal with internal details of the Combine and stuff I design).
All that being said, I could change my mind and dip my toes in the waters after some more time is passed or I get bored enough to risk it. I'll also be serving as a kind of adviser to a specific few (if you want something designed or advice or what have you, contact me via Steam or PM or in a thread that I'll notice or any other method).

tl;dr: I'm still bitter as hell and despise the majority of you. You can use my shit but don't fuck it up too badly. Let me know if you need something.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:10 pm

Ah yes, the unchanging noncanon canon that isn't canon but is canon except that it isn't but kind of is considering there is no canon except it.
I don't like it either. But I'm sickeningly content with it.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:07 pm

There is no canon. I have a plan to reset the lore (I've run it by ACH and Proto: they're good with it), and is underway. Then we can actually set stuff up properly.

There are caveats, of course. Lore will evolve organically this time; no preset shiite. It will start at ~approximately~ first FTL drive, and evolve as an empire RP does over time. Lore will be recorded, nonsense will be cast out. As in, no equestrians (at all), the Strigiforme are not owls but similar in stature enough to be considered 'giant owls' by humans, psionics will not be ridiculous, no gods (including Chaos), ARK stations are a maybe, etc.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:09 pm

Is the hold up anything besides WWLO?

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:37 pm

Professor Fenway wrote:There is no canon. I have a plan to reset the lore (I've run it by ACH and Proto: they're good with it), and is underway. Then we can actually set stuff up properly.

There are caveats, of course. Lore will evolve organically this time; no preset shiite. It will start at ~approximately~ first FTL drive, and evolve as an empire RP does over time. Lore will be recorded, nonsense will be cast out. As in, no equestrians (at all), the Strigiforme are not owls but similar in stature enough to be considered 'giant owls' by humans, psionics will not be ridiculous, no gods (including Chaos), ARK stations are a maybe, etc.
Do we really have to completely ditch the pone? Couldn't we just rewrite them into something that happens to resemble anatomically fucked up horses with psionic powers? Any buffer species would be nice considering how half the factions just have a variation of Terran human.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:40 pm

Shadowcat wrote:Do we really have to completely ditch the pone? Couldn't we just rewrite them into something that happens to resemble anatomically fucked up horses with psionic powers? Any buffer species would be nice considering how half the factions just have a variation of Terran human.
I'd rather not have psionically inclined Bothans.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:24 pm

Professor Fenway wrote:Strigiforme are not owls but similar in stature enough to be considered 'giant owls' by humans.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait, what is this? You never mentioned this.

@cats

Why so bitter? You had an idea, you tried to implement it, it failed. There's no reason to hate us; we just didn't agree with your reforms.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:14 pm

As in: They are not literally 'owls'. They evolved separately on a different planet (known as Cuuyth) as an intelligent avian species. They aren't literally upscaled intelligent owls; but, to humans, they look similar enough (by coincidence) that we call them 'Owls'. You can keep Strigiforme name and you will still be referenced as 'the owls' but it's merely a name, not a definition as to heritage.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:27 pm

I thought that was how it is already?

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:14 am

Yeah, I was under the same impression...
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:57 am

You didn't know they didn't evolve on Earth? They evolved on Cuuyth(in another dimension?).
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:46 am

Well I had the tiens drawn somewhere, though when I tried to do something similar with owls I ended up with either a generic bird or an actual oversized owl ...

Heres your feathered brothers: Image

Though now that I look at it its not really a bird isn't it ? Ah fk its so complicated -.- .
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:59 am

It's a four armed velociraptor!

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:21 am

Iv121 wrote:Well I had the tiens drawn somewhere, though when I tried to do something similar with owls I ended up with either a generic bird or an actual oversized owl ...

Heres your feathered brothers: Image

Though now that I look at it its not really a bird isn't it ? Ah fk its so complicated -.- .
Tiel had them drawn somewhere by an real artist.

http://fc-mod.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1278
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:39 am

I always had them figured as closer to turians; avian-descended, but retaining the wings and (mostly) the avian body, just with hands and such.

Because any truly avian race wouldn't jave spaceflight, they'd still be flying around their homeworld giving zero fucks about SPAAAACE.