What've I missed?

Post yer RPs here.
cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
What've I missed?

Post by cats » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:15 am

I've been away from the forums for a while. Could use a summary of what's happened on the RP section since my less-than-cheerful departure. Nothing specific, I don't really need to know the details of what passes as canon lore these days. Probably won't become involved aside from injections of Batiss lore and the occasional doomed individual RP.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Re: What've I missed?

Post by Ivan2006 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:57 am

your reset has obviously crashed horribly.
the revival of the old/unregulated RP has broken the record for longest running RP thread and currently is the second longest thread in the forum, being short off the Flan's thread by only 9 pages.
That old RP is what we currently use and consider "canon".
Yes, that means there are ponies, although the Strigiforme are trying to wipe them out.

I do kinda get the feeling I'm being effectively given the position of "psionics judge", so if your psi is * I may call you out, tho the current psionics system is a mix between preestablished stuff and my proposal for the reset (psionic subspace field is a thing)

story-wise, since you left, it's basically been "Strigiforme are pulling excuses to war people and force them to remove ponies out of their asses" until the ARKs attacked.
Like, invasion of ARKs at Draco, a UGC colony galaxy (pushed back via planet buster spam) simultaniously with D-ARK appearing in Strigiforme territory.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:41 am

Is that cats ?
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:13 am

Iv121 wrote:Is that cats ?
Yes
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:08 am

http://fc-mod.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1476

Still pretty early, feel free to join.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:22 am

Awesome, didn't miss anything. SSDD.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:40 am

Just to throw it put there, bringing Batiss into the canon RP is gud. We could always use a "new" player.

But FPRPs / individual RPs are doomed to failure on this forum. No exceptions ever.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:55 am

L-ADM Error wrote:But FPRPs / individual RPs are doomed to failure on this forum. No exceptions ever.
IDK Grounded: Wasteland went pretty well until Chapter Master Addeptis started fucking shit up.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:42 pm

L-ADM Error wrote:Just to throw it put there, bringing Batiss into the canon RP is gud. We could always use a "new" player.

But FPRPs / individual RPs are doomed to failure on this forum. No exceptions ever.
Yeah, I'm not going to participate in anything that has cartoon ponies and giant space owls as serious components.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:44 pm

_C_ wrote:
L-ADM Error wrote:Just to throw it put there, bringing Batiss into the canon RP is gud. We could always use a "new" player.

Yeah, I'm not going to participate in anything that has cartoon ponies and giant space owls as serious components.
Cats layering the burn frosting on the hate cake.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Error

Post by Error » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:46 pm

The space owls are a joke, yes. The ponies are thoroughly appalling.

But really, those with half a brain replace "owl" with "avian" and "pony" with "maybe-sentient quadruped".

However, your point is well recieved. GLHF.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:49 pm

L-ADM Error wrote:The space owls are a joke, yes. The ponies are thoroughly appalling.

But really, those with half a brain replace "owl" with "avian" and "pony" with "maybe-sentient quadruped".

However, your point is well recieved. GLHF.
TBH, Kill Owl and Kill Pone are really not that different. I just decided that I'd rather have many decent allies than one really powerful ally who would eventually absorb me. Or did I?
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:08 pm

Well the only reason they really exists is because they are a cheap source of conflict.
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Prototype wrote:F-14s are just gay Tornados.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

Error

Post by Error » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:23 pm

Replace owls with Vanduul or other non-human bipeds, keeping the Strig mindset. Blam. Source of conflict.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:40 pm

Yes but whats more original? I've yet to see any RP that even resembles the futurecraft universe. We have a very rare original universe with all kinds of intricacies.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]