Post yer RPs here.
ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225
Re: Glorious Revolution

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:02 pm

Considering that everyone is enemies here, you aren't really an antagonist; just another player in the game. As for vikings, we have gunpowder and ships-of-the-line.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:19 pm

Then why are we in the feudal period? Shouldn't we be in the renesance by this point then?
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:30 pm

I said the 1600s, you illiterate fuck. Read the OP.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:52 pm

ACH0225 wrote:I said the 1600s, you illiterate fuck. Read the OP.
The renaissance started in Italy around 1350, it reached England around the late 1400's to early 1500's, the extended renaissance ended around 1600-1700. Feudalism lasted in Europe to around the 1400 era and the last feudal state ended in Russia around the end of the 1800's.

So unless this is an alternate universe where feudalism lasts much longer or were all in Russian history then we should be at the end of the renaissance era.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:55 pm

Shadowcat wrote:
The renaissance started in Italy around 1350, it reached England around the late 1400's to early 1500's, the extended renaissance ended around 1600-1700. Feudalism lasted in Europe to around the 1400 era and the last feudal state ended in Russia around the end of the 1800's.

So unless this is an alternate universe where feudalism lasts much longer or were all in Russian history then we should be at the end of the renaissance era.
What about this says 'feudalsim' to you?
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:56 pm

Shadowcat wrote:

You are literally terminally illiterate. I say 1600s, and also Era of Imperialism. This is not the Renaissance, nor feudalism, you mentally handicapped ass crack. This is the 1600s, in an alternate history timeline.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:16 pm

Spoiler:

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:18 pm

1600-1700 was not the Renaissance. The Renaissance ended in the mid-1500s when Rome was besieged by the Holy Roman Empire. The era after that was the Era of Imperialism, which was entirely different in just about every way.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:28 pm

ACH0225 wrote:1600-1700 was not the Renaissance. The Renaissance ended in the mid-1500s when Rome was besieged by the Holy Roman Empire. The era after that was the Era of Imperialism, which was entirely different in just about every way.
the extended renaissance ended around 1600-1700
As in, The period after the renaissance which encompasses a few other things that fell under the same category but weren't important enough to extend the original thing. And if you examine the wikipedia article about the Renaissance it specifically states in the beginning line "This article is about the European Renaissance of the 14th–17th centuries."
Perhaps you should heed your own words and learn to not be a "mentally handicapped ass crack" who is "terminally illiterate". But since you couldn't hold a nice conversation for more then one post, I doubt that will ever happen.

And again:

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:35 pm

Just deal with it, Shadow.

:|

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:42 pm

L-ADM Error wrote:Just deal with it, Shadow.

Nein, Arguing about history is fun.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:48 pm

Shadowcat wrote:
L-ADM Error wrote:Just deal with it, Shadow.

Nein, Arguing about history is fun.
You were pulling the article off wikipedia, which is a single source for information. Were you to cull information from other sources, you would find varying reports on the end of th Renaissance. I am of the opinion it ended prior to 1600. As I made this RP, your opinion and well thought out and reasoned arguments can and will be ignored. This is the age of Mercantilism and Imperialism; that is to say, colonies and colonial spread.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

DeadlyMiddie
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:The Orion Imperium

Post by DeadlyMiddie » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:32 pm

Imperator Abels was sitting in his office, reading the latest reports of the famine in his country. The western territories were doing well, but Trel itself was mediocre. He sent couriers to find the other Council members and notify them of a meeting. Once they had all convened, Abels began.

"I am concerned about this famine of ours. It may not be bad now, but it may get our of hand in the future. What are your ministries doing to lift it?"

Councilor Ahlgren responded, "The Ministry of Internal Affairs is rationing food according to the supply. Nobody is going hungry yet, but they had better get used to salted meat unless we widen our food sources."

"Mmmmm. What does the Ministry of Trade have to say about this?"

"Our recent deal with the Novans should alleviate the famine considerably. This will allow us to explore alternate food means without starving the citizens."

"Good. Dismissed."
Lead Me, Follow Me, or Get Out of My Way- General George S. Patton Jr.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:04 pm

Hierarch Argril awoke as the first light of the star peeked around the horizon. His room was well lit already, a few oil lamps flickering in the corners lit the room. His room was not very extravagant: a map of the known world on the western wall, an array of reports and papers on the east wall. The area around his wide bed was carpeted, of course, but the rest of the room was marble flooring. The north wall of the room looked out over Aether lake. He got up, neatly organizing his bed and a few misplaced items before exiting the room. He lived in the Ivory Tower, the beacon of the Antioch Dominion. It towered over the Libraria complex. His quarters were on the top. He dressed in his robes; light grey, with two blood red lines running down its sides. In the center, the insignia of the Antioch Dominion. Dressed, he descended the spiral staircase in the center of his room, through the hexagonal stairway, and into the throne room.

Already, his advisers were seated at the large stone table. The table itself was hexagonal, with intricate designs and features adorning the edges. Oil lamps flickered through the room. Argril shook his head and approached the table. "I would prefer if you got me up rather than waiting for me," he said to the room.

"Nothing important enough to wake you for, Hierarch." This was Jahrin, his military general. "Quite the contrary, actually."

"So what's today's report?"

"Alchemy labs report a finding," said his scientific adviser, Hendris. "A fire substance, yet infused with air. It burns yet cannot be seen, and leaves no trace."

"Interesting," Argril said. He sat down at the head of the table. "And where did they discover it?"

"The Firous fields."

"So we have solid, liquid, and gaseous Firous?" He looked at the lamps. They ran on liquid Firous. "I'll talk to them personally."

"Agriculture report," Harlow said. He managed the food supply. "We produced 8000 fish barrels last quarter, and only used 5000. The rest have been salted down and are in storage."

"And that makes our surplus?"

"5000 surplus barrels." Argril shook his head.

"We're running out of storage. Find someone to sell them to, and slow down fishing." He looked around. A minute passed. "Anyone else?" he asked.

"Just one thing," Jahrin said. "A large number of Homina are petitioning to settle Kalar, again."

"Well..." Argril paused. They knew almost nothing about Kalar, and the passage between the two continents was wracked by storms. But it was a new continent. He sighed. "Two colonies. That's it." He paused. "I'll write the letter. We'll also establish the observatory." He looked around, and hearing no response, got up. "Praise Arkus," he said, making a slicing motion with his hand. The room murmured with "Praise Arkus," and Argril walked towards the large wooden doors. Two guards on either side opened it, and he left the Ivory Tower.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:00 pm

A fleet of cargo vessels has cast off from the city of Bel-Shamharoth; winds favouring, they will arrive at the nearest uninhabited island in two days, and begin clearing the space for a settlement.