Post yer RPs here.
Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK
Re: Glorious Revolution

Post by Vinyl » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:45 pm

OOC: Aww YEAH son! You just got SCIENCE'D! Also, am literally swimming in (sea)food.
[crowd ohh-ing in the distance]
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:50 pm

So can we do the thing, or are we epeen waving already?

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:55 pm

If we are doing the thing, Hexuth asks for representatives from Novan Imperium and Britalic Empire for talks in the Cathedral Astronomicus (the big white one).

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:03 pm

Well, If you guys want to get technical I would like to point out I've seen no population numbers and I would assume that means the population would be at its natural balance (More people then food means people starve and the balance resumes, More food then people and sexs happens and the balance returns).

So therefor, Your statements are invalid as no population characteristics were defined. Not to mention land size has a small part in food production and population size, Climate, What the land actually is (You can own all the deserts in the world and you still won't grow a damn thing), crops types and soil fertility all affect food growth, As for people geography can serious affect that to, I would assume the majority of everyone's population is fairly close to the coasts for trade/fishing/ease of access since people are going to settle coastal colonies first before they make their way inland, Especially in this time period.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Error

Post by Error » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:41 pm

Probably safest to assume that everyone has a stable population with either a slight excess or slight lack of food. For the record, Novus exports grains and meats fairly regularly, so excess.
BIC.

An ambassador is being sent to the Hexuthians; she should arrive with her retinue in two days, by sea.

The Imperium has also begun forming an expeditionary force of soldiers and settlers, to begin establinshong settlements on the various islands of the Strait of Aryth.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:05 pm

ACH0225 wrote: they took most/all of a major landmass, which confers the advantage of no possible/few land borders.
Your risk of land invasion is 0. That's a big part of it; anyone could join and set up land border north of Strig, or make a landing outside of Strig territory and march in. Nice job with outlines, though. That was a good trick, how'd you do it?

The Strigiforme have begun to initiate the construction of a fleet to establish bases of operation and colonization in Northern Kalar. They are principally planned to exploit the environment and grow tropical crops such as sugarcane and tea.

Additionally, the Strigiforme have begun internal land reforms, and will be redistributing provinces.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:24 pm

Exploratory parties are being assembled to bring The Cause to south/southeast Yaros and (south)west Coretic to scout the land for possible colonization.
In order to defend the potential colonies and future explorers, the navy is undergoing an extreme revamp.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:02 am

I was bored... so I drew a map of ocean currents.
Red is warm water. Blue is cold water. Black is inbetween extremes (where they exist). Climate map coming Soon(tm).

... I also wrote a basic introduction to the Antioch Dominion's primary religion: Arkism

-The Holy Book of Ark-

Verse 1:1- Perfectum Homina
Homina was borne of the stars, and we are their children.

Shorn of mortality, Homina traveled eternity, seeding creation and life wherever it went. Homina sculpted mountains, carved rivers, dug oceans. They mingled with the great races; the Novans, the Strigiforme, the Hexaguthians.

But Homina grew greedy, with want of something more, something to satiate it. So Homina questioned the great god Prim for advice.

And Prim told thee, "Be satisfied. Desire leads to corruption." But this did not answer Homina, and so Homina looked elsewhere for advice.

So Homina asked the great god Singul for advice. And Singul replied, "There is nothing to desire. You possess all." But this did not answer Homina, and thus looked elsewhere.

Homina questioned each god, and never satisfied with the answer, Homina kept searching. But on the eve of first darkness, Homina went to the corrupt god Cha.

And Cha laughed at thy question. "My fellows," he said with a roar. "You are too entwined with the light. Only darkness holds the answers you seek." Emboldened by this answer, Homina strayed from the light. They learned of the power of destruction, of death and war. But this was not evil, for there is evil in the light of the noon sun. And so Homina took upon the burden of darkness for their own.

And they achieved great feats, never before possible. Great forges and constructs, using might never before seen. At the apex was the great bridge, spanning the very sky itself. And they remained pure.

Prim took notice of this change, and came unto them "Be wary of the beast that lurks," he told, "for it corrupts and writhes in the darkness!" But Homina felt no such creature, and dismissed Prim entirely. And they continued.

Each construct was more terrible than the last, more awe-inspiring than the former. And they arrived upon a hollowed sabre, foretold to be the ultimate judgment of all things. Darkness coursed through Homina, and they saw the sabre as a tool of power, of strength. And, wielding it, they smashed the very stars.

And Prim saw this, and flew into a terrible rage. All of Homina's feats, constructs, were wiped from the slate. Their art, their sculptures returned to their ground. And Homina, twisted and gone, raised the sabre and slew Prim in one blow.

As he lay below them, Cha appeared before them, in a great fanfare of trumpets. He bestowed upon them the Sigul Insta, the last construct of the Homina, and bid them to place it upon Prim.

And Homina finally saw what they had done, saw Prim's blood on their hands, and raged. Homina slew Cha where he stood, leaving him lifeless next to Prim.

Their blood intermixed, for the first and last time, and the halves of good and evil intertwined together.

And Homina knew what they must do. Wielding the mighty sabre, Homina destroyed themselves, casting them down from immortality and upon their last sculpted world. And the Sigul Insta fell with them, sinking into the great lake of Aether.

And as their children, the lifeblood of Homina, we seek discourse, redemption. And upon the last piece of the Sigul Insta lies Libraria, and from there the gods keep watch. Through balance and thought, one can live among the stars once again.

Hierarch Argril has announced plans to place an Ark Observatory on the coast of Kalar, recognizing a great potential for new perspective on the stars.
Last edited by Professor Fenway on Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:20 am

An ambassador has been sent to the Hexaguthians by sea, arrival is expected within one or two days.
By order of His Majesty king Joseph VI, expeditions have been sent to explore and map the southern parts of the continent of Maccol.
EDIT: Right, if I'm understanding Fen right, we're making a whole world here, with history and religions and what not.
Will be fun if we continue the RP through the years.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

DeadlyMiddie
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:The Orion Imperium

Post by DeadlyMiddie » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:01 am

The Imperium has laid down the hulls for 4 new ships. Two of these are archer ships, the others are assault ships. These should help in the naval security of the Imperium.
Food is in a slight shortage, so the council has ordered that food be rationed accordingly.
A courier has been sent to the Novan Imperium. The letter is as follows:
To whom it may concern,
The people of the Orion Imperium would like to establish trading relations with you. We feel that it would be mutually beneficial. You would get our metals and fish; we would receive your manufactured goods and food. Please consider this offer.

Sincerely,
Imperator Abels
Lead Me, Follow Me, or Get Out of My Way- General George S. Patton Jr.

Error

Post by Error » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:35 am

A courier has been sent to the Orion Imperium.

Imperator Abels,

We wouldcertainly be agreeable to trade. While we have no need of food, we are willing to trade our grains and meats for metals and hardwoods. Our tradesmen can strike their own deals accordingly. Does this meet with your agreement?

Councillor Maeteris

DeadlyMiddie
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:The Orion Imperium

Post by DeadlyMiddie » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:25 am

A letter has been given to the Novan courier for return:
Councillor Maeteris,

That is most agreeable. We look forward to a long and prosperous relationship.

Sincerely, Imperator Abels

Merchants in the coastal towns have begun to make deals and trade agreements with Novan suppliers and merchants. No ships have been dispatched yet, but they will be in about a week.
Lead Me, Follow Me, or Get Out of My Way- General George S. Patton Jr.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:32 pm

Leader awoke in his bed, the lingering warmth of sleep causing him to be slothlike. He had the most wonderous dream; a dream of a time when the Strigiforme would fly around the heavens in metal ships, taking worlds with ease and controlling powers only gods could dream of.

He began to rise, shaking off the lethargy and beginning to move. The guards in his room made no noise; he had long become adjusted to their presence, and they had long been accustomed to his every movements. Leader walked out of the room to the adjacent courtyard, the warm morning air refreshing him, and the golden-yellow sun in the perfect azure sky welcoming him. He walked across the courtyard to the bath house, passing the Gnarled Tree. The Tree had long been the personal symbol of Leaders, and partly of the Strigiforme; it was a gnarled, age-old ash tree. Despite its age and the rocky, infertile soul, the tree bore bright green leaves, and remained healthy. Some said that the first Leader planted it here on the Founding of Cuuyth, others said that the first Strigiforme planted it.

The bath house was full of steam, as always. The room was simple, with a pure white marble tile floor, and two small pools, one with the boiling water that made the steam, the other with merely warm water. Leader bathed and preened himself, then applied the ceremonial mark of his rank, dipping his wingtips in a red dye; the blood of their enemies, the blood of their fallen.

As he left, he took a moment to study the courtyard. It was small, a humble abode for a powerful owl. It was a mere 30 paces by 30 paces of flat earth, surrounded by a corridor made of rough gray slate. The corridor wad almost entirely windows, facing the courtyard, held by thin pieces of more slate. Leader strode out, satisified.

He went to his study, first. The latest reports from the agents of the Strigiforme awaited.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:54 pm

Writefaggotry!

Councillor Iyanden rose from his chair, the timekeeper on his wall informing him silently of the impending council session. With a sigh, he placed his latest book on the table, donning the ceremonial coat as he strode out of his quarters and across the courtyard.

Pausing for a moment, he looked up; the majesty of the Council Tower never failed to impress. With a smile tugging at the corner of his mouth, he continued onwards, the sweeping spiral staircase leading him into the Council Hall.

"Iyanden." came a voice.

"Maeteris."

"Thank you for joining us. This council has been called together to discuss the impending colonization of the Strait of Novus, and trade with the Northlands."

Councillor Nyllar leaned forwards. "As to the former, I would see the reasoning. The latter? Would that npt be better suited to the Trade Ministorum?"

Iyanden shook his head. "The northlanders are suffering famine. And the Ministorum is still on their day of leave."

Nyllar leaned back. He was replaced, however, by their newest member, Gallardi;

"As to the colonization, I fail to see the issue. The islands were all Imperium lands before the Schism, yes? It would simply be reclaimation."

Nyllar chuckled quietly. "And yet the other nations would no doubt take issue with our total control of the main connection between the Aryth and Neucal oceans. While I doubt they would challenge us, we can hardly just ignore them."

"Which is why," interjected Maeteris, "We allow the outsiders free access to the Strait, or we refrain from total reclaimation. All in favour of total reclaimation?"

Gallardi and Nyllar raised their hands; Maeteris nodded.

"And in favour of partial reclaims?"

Iyanden raised his hand.

"Total reclaimation takes the vote. Very well. Objections to trade with the Northlanders?"

No response. Maeteris made several notes, and declared the session complete. Iyanden rose.

The future would certainly be interesting.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:41 pm

I might join as the antagonist viking-dutch who like using polders and raiding things. Just to break up this already forming trifecta.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]