Futurecraft: Macropolitical Personification Iteration #3

Post yer RPs here.
Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder
Re: Futurecraft: Macropolitical Personification Iteration #3

Post by Error » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:01 pm

"Yes, the exceedingly long gun... on a starship." Val commented, looking amused.

"I assume, Hexalan," chimed in Laura, "That is an antipersonnel rifle meant for planetary use? Why have one on a vessel with little open space?"

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:10 pm

"If you'd asked me that a few hours ago, I'm sure I could give you an answer. But yeah, the integrated scope has automated heat-seeking based tracking and IFF scanning, the bullets are also capable of making course correction, meaning no drop-off and moving targets as well as potential misses are not a problem. Based on the scope's numbers, I'd say effective ends around 5 kilometers. I suppose it could be used as both to intimidate as well as a sensors upgrade. The sensors one makes the most sense I suppose, as the scope is part of my optic implant, not the gun, so really, it just need to be touching my suit to provide... the... extra... what is that?" Hexalan pointed at a wall. Not far past that wall was a very large, walking or hovering she couldn't tell, cube.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Error

Post by Error » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:13 pm

Val turned, half-raising her weapon.

"It's a cube." she deadpanned. "Beyond that? Beats me."

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:16 pm

"You better tell me right now if there's any unsealed room between us and it." She pointed the barrel directly to the wall, slowly moving it to follow the cube's path.

Error

Post by Error » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:19 pm

"It's a cube. It's cubic. It's generally cubing. You tell me."

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:22 pm

"Fine..." Checking the map, there was one unpressurized room, but it was closed. Or at least was supposed to be. Pulling the trigger, a deafening explosion came from the barrel as the round careened through several walls before it met with JAG's current body, in the split-second, the bullets holes quickly bent back into their original flatness, as if they were never there.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:58 pm

Seconds later, the bullet was reflected immediately back through the wall, narrowly missing Hexalan by centimeters. The round generated a very obvious wind current as it passed by, before flattening against the NeoRoman panel at the back of the room. It dropped to the floor.

JAG was obviously perturbed, but gave it no mind. He connected to the room's intercom. "Please," he said, in his normal voice they knew well. "Don't do that again. You might hurt yourself." He switched off the intercom and checked his systems, briefly.

The Photon shield was almost ~almost~ overloaded, but it would recharge. In a few hours. Photonic pressure was a wonderful thing. And, strangely, the recoil of the round had modified a few circuits. He ran another diagnostic. The exact same readout, except for one change; -Zero Point Projector: PREPARING-. The intercom reactivated again.

"It seems you have found the armory. I hope everything is accommodating. I will be arriving in just a minute. I will transmit my location real-time so I do not surprise you. Don't want any accidents, do we?"

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:00 pm

"Well, thought as much." She glanced at Val, "How'd you like to be our new Senior Tactical Officer?"

Error

Post by Error » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:38 pm

"Works for me. Insamuch as we have a chain of command." she replied. "And we should probably find what's his face and the owl at some point."

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:07 pm

JAG turned the intercom on again. "I will be arriving... now." As he finished, a small panel on wall under the NR panel silently slid open, revealing a pitch black vent system. Out scuttled the Widow, and the vent slid closed. The Widow was a very... unnerving design. Six highly angular legs, evenly spaced on the main body. A very angular yet detailed surface, with several energy conduits and glowing devices on its pentagonal main frame. A much smoother pentagonal structure behind it, with a very conspicious square-shaped panel on the top. A sensor system on the front with two apparati-- a manipulation arm and a port connector-- making the front vaguely resemble a spider's face. And a turret barrel, rather small, rotating and pivoting on the top. At this particular moment, it held a crystal via three prongs, rhomboid and clearly part of the barrel. "Widow class. Defense. And before you ask, yes, it's designed for use in Sector Seven." This time, the speech came from the android rather than the room. JAG turned towards the NR panel behind him, and studied it.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:34 am

Bossy, now also wearing his multi-purpose armor, cycled his appearence through verious species to make sure he had put it on properly, eventually turning back into his Mobian appearence.
"Well, well, well, you definitely have a big gun. Let's hope we don't need our weapons though."
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:07 am

"An anti-materiel rifle and whatever monstrosity Hex's got, great choices for fighting inside a spaceship, which if the hull is punctured would turn into a death trap. Also, a scope? Really, Hex? Does your helmet really not have automatic target recognition and aim assistance? Besides, how- ooh that is a nice robot."
Zuguth walked up to JAG's new Widow body.
"Something about it tells me it's of NeoRoman make. They do seem to love spiderbots. Right, JAG, since you seem to be so omnipotent and omniscient, what do you propose we do next?"
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Error

Post by Error » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:25 am

"Just to throw it out there, Zuguth, if a handheld weapon of any kind short of a nuke punches through the ship's - which I assume is a warship, at least partly - armour, someone has done somethong very wrong."

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:37 am

"Well, it probably is standard whenever these are from, but unless you've got an available operating table with surgical equipment suitable for eyes, I'm kind of stuck with these junkers. Also, something tells me anything we can do to the hull with smallarms won't be a problem." She pointed to the wall she had shot, focusing on the lack of there being any punctures.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:33 pm

OOC: rlly guis i trusted jew, but ur nothin but filtyh shekel hordrz like Iv