Post yer RPs here.
Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK
Re: Futurecraft: Macropolitical Personification Iteration #3

Post by Vinyl » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:04 pm

"Is Zuguth on his way or not, Val? And may I remind you, I'm fairly confident that the AI of a ship made equally by everyone full of things made equally by everyone would also be made equally by everyone, which, would sort out those (in)famous kinks? You know what, don't bother sending Zuguth, I'm nearly there."
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:07 pm

"For the military type, you seem remarkably clueless at times." cut in Laura. "Whatever this is, how can we even be sure the containment will hold if we've absolutely no idea of its capabilities? It's like firing on a target with a blindfold on."

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:10 pm

John came upon what looked to be an engineering node, Emergency tools were neatly stored in a rack on the wall and a small terminal screen sat nearby in a corner. "Bingo" he muttered walking up to the terminal while opening his suits connection port. A few minutes later an opened emergency kit sits on the floor and an amalgamation of wires extended from the cuboid shaped port to John's suit. "Now, Lets see how this little unintended ride is working". Cycling through the ships local LAN network he pulled out a number of random low access packets, most important of which being a full map of the ship, Later after cycling through the fiftieth shift change roster he determined there was no more information of use on the low access levels. Tapping through to security led to a boop "Access denied" and a whirring noise behind him, looking behind him he noted a camera on the wall looking towards him "Meh... wait" turning around again he looked at the camera more thoroughly, That was definitely a Tajerian camera. Looking back at the console he inputted a number of Tajer backdoor codes after whirring for a bit the machine dinged with a robotic "Access granted" and a suspiciously Tajerian looking security system popped up. He began cycling through cameras a number of some which were labeled "Sector seven" were notably inoperative or disabled from the camera.

OOC: I figured since this is a joint-made ship and were fighting some super-enemy the Tajer would put in their super Policestate security systems for monitoring every. living. thing.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:18 pm

OOC: Hexalan, being on the security council, and Tajer not, and Hexalan still hating Tajer, would probably end up fucking with the Tajerian security systems. You have limited access, and even then only of the general vicinity, the central security hub was in that 80%.

Error

Post by Error » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:32 pm

OOC, Who was actually involved in building the ship?

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:48 pm

Vinyl wrote:OOC: Hexalan, being on the security council, and Tajer not, and Hexalan still hating Tajer, would probably end up fucking with the Tajerian security systems. You have limited access, and even then only of the general vicinity, the central security hub was in that 80%.
Wait shit, forgot half the ship went kablooey. Also this was made in the future in a survival situation if I read the story right so I'm pretty certain any grievances would've been placed aside or worked out by then for the goal of all universal life not dying. And to be honest there's really no reason for Hexalani and Tajeria to hate each other, that's mostly silly meta pretend steamchat that has no basis in the RP.
L-ADM Error wrote:OOC, Who was actually involved in building the ship?
This^
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:56 pm

OOC: Well, it was one of several commissioned by the Galactic Safety And Defense Administration, which is overseen by the Security Council. The Security Council is made up of several representatives from each nation on the Council, namely those who we'd call the Strigiforme, Novans, Hexalani, Zuguthians, NeoRomans, Jade, and some local Pro-Life ARKs. The represented nations would often cooperatively and exclusively design GSDA projects, sometimes bringing in other nations when their specialization became relevant (EG, Darkstar, MR, Tajer). Production was often handled mostly by the Hexaguthians and Novans, with some tasks being doled out to other nations.
The Shattered light at the breaking of dawn. was the first of its class, as it was made entirely in WLM. The Security Council oversees not only the GSDA, but also the United Militant Factions. The UMF is basically the whole of the galaxy's nations' militaries put under one overarching organization (heavily influenced by the Strigiforme and Hexalani). And the Security Council is ultimately the responsibility of the Hexaguthian Empire, Andro-Pegasi Alliance, and the Draconan Imperium.

@Shadow Hexalan resents the Tajer for reasons beyond all rational explanation. Don't fret, we unconditionally hated the Feles as well. Also, the point when whatever-fresh-hell, AKA [MYSTERIOUS EVENT], was not when FCMPI3 split off from Where We Left Off. It was just really soon afterwards.

Error

Post by Error » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:59 pm

So Zuguth, Hexalan, probably JAG, Val, and Laura all have (reasonably) high-level access to the ship's (remaining) systems, as their respective groups built it?

Given we have a Lord of Admirals, Lady Admiral, and (whatever Zuguth is), I'd guess admin access.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:01 pm

OOC: As far as I know, everyone. Combining the strengths of all nations while leaving out the weaknesses. JAG is NeoRoman QI based on the PRIME systems, and is practically the most powerful QI in existence due to hyperspace functioning.

The spider-chassis lifted itself off the ground and engaged the sensor suite. Defense node, near the fore of the ship. JAG ran a few diagnostics.

|WIDOW-CLASS DEFENSE ANDROID|
//-Diagnostic Selected-\\
|Weapons Systems|
-Plasma Particle Splicer: UNKNOWN-
-Phase Phoenix Railgun: UNKNOWN-
-Yttrium Crystal Laser: ONLINE-
|Defense Systems|
-Hardened Plasma Net: UNKNOWN-
-Layered Tachyon Shielding: UNKNOWN-
-Photon Shield Array: ONLINE-
-Zero Point Projector: UNKNOWN-
|Secondary Systems|
-Dark Energy Chameleon Mask: UNKNOWN-
-Gateway Device: ONLINE-
-Psionic Matrix: ONLINE-
-Signal Obfuscater: ONLINE-
-Sensor System: ONLINE-
-Casimir Reactor: ONLINE-
-Servos: ONLINE-
-Transformation Engine: UNKNOWN-
-ZZ-Class Nullifier: DESTROYED

JAG internally frowned. Almost everything was currently disabled by the same system that locked out his database. Leaving him with very basic equipment. He checked the servos and movement systems, and ensured their functioning. He couldn't trust Val to stay out of Sector Seven in any capacity: he would have to manually eject the module and crash it into the star. But that meant diverting their course back towards the star; the auxiliary engines had already fired.

He briefly connected to the Defense node's port and looked through the system. Laura was currently going through everything, another user was accessing the security systems, but Sector Seven was untouched. He sighed. He installed multiple back-doors in each system he could access, ensuring that he could access them even if Laura locked him out, which was likely. He planted a QI virus in one of the databases, one he was certain would attack Laura's systems upon retrieval. He locked all systems Laura had not yet accessed. He wiped this database of any sensitive information and then erased all evidence of his presence in the system.

He disconnected from the node, engaged the obfuscator, and opened a panel on the wall, revealing a very, very narrow duct. Big enough to fit the Widow, but not much else. He entered it, closed the panel, and began moving towards the nearest engineering node.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:03 pm

OOC: @Error We would. If we knew the passcodes. Except JAG. JAG knows a few. Except someone just ensured we'll never get them by asking. I mean, honestly, why would you do something so heinously mentally retarded as doing something so blatantly ignorant without even asking the person you yourself allowed to be your superior.

@OOC!Fen Why you gotta go and simplify shit like that.

Error

Post by Error » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:11 pm

OOC: Someone ensured she'd never get them by asking. If JAG assumed Val speaks for everyone, he's hillariously derp. Just sayin'.
BIC:

"Someone - I suspect JAG - has attempted to lock me out of the ship's databses. I still have access to most control networks, however. Engaging auxiliary drives." intoned Laura.

"When you find the data on containment, send it to everyone. If you find any data on the... whatever itself, nuke it." Val ordered, sifting through control systems. "From what I can tell, we've minimal power, no weapons, no active superluminal drive, no shields, and enough damage to call this thing a wreck," she engaged her comms. "Hexalan, we're making our course correction. The area surrounding sector seven has been vented to space. And for the record, who makes an alliance to survive certain doom but keeps no records of said doom?"

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:20 pm

OOC: If someone under my command has been allowed to derp so much and is still alive, JAG has good reason to see me unfit to lead, and therefore have control of the ship in any capacity. In this way, he has little reason to trust Zuguth.
BIC:

"I'd suspect as much from him, I mean, it makes sense. But, maybe future us from the past relative to now thought that's what should be done about the issue. Or maybe the data regarding it was held with some of the many other things that have evidently exploded. We can't really know, unless you happen to be having flashbacks."

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:29 am

OOC: You forget that Bossy isn't MR, he's MIN. Which means he has some Novan, Hexalani and Zuguthian access, primarily in the classified spectrum. I'd also expect the MR or other MIN members to donate some tech for the ship even though not being in the security council, so...
BIC:
Bossy turned to one of the consoles in the control room, punching in codes and trying out various passwords and voice commands.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Error

Post by Error » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:33 am

OOC: Just to throw it out there, you might have medium-level access to Hexalan, Zuguthian, and Novan stuff, but MIN faces pretty damn tough opposition from Hexalani counterintelligence and CNI Section Four, so it's not gonna be high-end stuff.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:38 am

@Error good point
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied