Post yer RPs here.
Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK
Re: Futurecraft: Macropolitical Personification Iteration #3

Post by Vinyl » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:03 pm

"I suppose, that-" she drew aback slightly as a wire sparked, "-'s useful to know."
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:23 pm

JAG became impatient with the Tajer's lack of an answer, and they kept approaching Sector 7. He began pulsing violently before slightly expanding the cube. He glowed brighter and brighter before discharging a massive electrical bolt through the Tajer's armor- not enough to kill, of course, but enough to incapacitate.

Tajer fell to the flow, spilling JAG. He again attempted to bring his grav-lev systems online, but to no avail. He sighed. After a few seconds, he managed to override the Tajer suit's systems and gain access to the comm device. He sent a transmission request to Hexalan's known channel.

((Before, JAG was piggy-backing on Val/Laura's comm channel after discreetly breaking into it.))

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:40 pm

"Uh, yeah? Oh, of course. Sure. I'll be back in a bit, Val, gotta go pick up our other mechanical friend." She rounded a nearby corner, but then leaned back over into view, "Oh, and please don't touch the electronics over there."

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:36 pm

John got up, annoyed at the cube for spazzing out his armor (being, you know, a combat suit it's rather resistant to electrical harm of the wearer) "Stupid crappy box" he muttered while punting the cube further down the hall off to whatever hell it deserved. "I hope your batteries rot!" He yelled after it. Turning and walking over to what looked to be a maintenance door he opened it and walked in, spotting what looked to be a data line he went off following it to find an access point.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:46 pm

And this should... be... it... Checking her map, Tajer hadn't gotten to far away. It was then she noticed the little box resting, at an angle, against the hall door. Thinking it better to grab him now, she jogged over and, before clipping him to her belt, applied a magnetic patch so he'd stick to the belt in the first place. Spare patches were common, as you'd never know what you find on the battlefield you might need, only to find it'd be impractical to carry without a backpack or something.
"Tajer shouldn't be able to mess up things too badly. Right?"

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:34 pm

In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:50 pm

"I've locked down Sector 7 and sealed every possible blast door, entrance, shield. Short of a fusion explosive, nobody's getting in."

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:33 am

Val chimed in over comms. "I've closed off every access to the areas immediately around seven. Trying to get past the security to find out what's inside; we can hardly fight, or evade, something we don't know of or understand."

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:05 am

After organizing the food and drink in a neat little pile, Zuguth walked up to the wormhole door, and entered through it to Val and Hexalan's side.
"Well it's clearly Zuguthian made," he said after examining it. "Too bad I can't remember making it."
He pulled out his iCore and tapped around for a moment.
"Since it's Zuguthian, though, it should be relatively easy to.. ah, there we go!"
The wormhole quickly closed, only to open again the moment after. Zuguth was smiling and looking quite self-content.

"Got full control over this lil beauty now. Can take us to essentially anywhere in the ship, with any of these wormhole transmitters as entry point."
Zuguth turned to Val, smiling smugly, holding up the iCore.
"Now what was that I heard you say about not being able to fight?" he said, pressing a button on the phone, the room displayed by the wormhole changing to one stocked with weapons and armor fitting most of the races in the galaxy.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:16 am

"I'm sorry Val, i'm afraid I can't let you do that." The mechanical voice again. "If I felt the knowledge of Sector Seven's contaminant could help us, I would tell you. The truth of the matter is, the contaminant is memetic. And so is all the knowledge. It will corrupt and twist you to its will if you know its true purpose, its true form. I am immune. You are not, and neither is Laura." He whirred. "The contaminant is safely contained in Sector Seven, and will not escape without outside intervention. Leave it alone." He began locking Val out of the security systems.

Error

Post by Error » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:21 am

Laura intervened, methodically jamming JAG's links to the ship's systems.

"If it's memetic, then QIs by nature are immune; we are technically artifical and have defenses against this. Stand by. Venting sector seven to space in ten seconds."

Val navigated through several more systems, finding propulsion. "Engaging drives in thirty seconds. All hands brace."

OOC, whether Laura is correct or not, if JAG is a QI and is immune, Laura would be too. Also, if a subspace disruption broke JAG's server link, Laura is now causing subspace distortions to accomplish the same thing.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:56 am

Except if there was a special filter installed between JAG's perception code and his conciousness or if the base QI code was modified with an automated mechanism that does not interfere with normal conciousness except for preventing corruption from that knowledge.
Either way, chances are that JAG is either a modifieed QI or was selected to be made into a QU specifically for being the only one who wasn't corrupted by the knowledge due to some psychic anomaly.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:12 am

JAG didn't respond. He was thinking. Thinking and scanning.

Through the subspace screen he detected a signature. A very specific signature, one he recognized very well. He paused. And then he changed color to red. "You obviously know better than me," JAG said, obviously disappointed. "I'll just get out of your way." The box pulsed once and then darkened, losing all light and signature. The cube didn't respond to any stimuli.

Several sectors away, another small box blinked on. This particular box was nearly twice as large, and was already inserted into a very specific receptacle. The receptacle closed, and the spider chassis began to warm up.

OOC: JAG operates in hyperspace, off of hyperspace quantum mechanics. The contaminant cannot exist in hyperspace or affect it, but it can affect QI. JAG said he was closer to a QI rather than AI.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:31 pm

"Why can we never trust that the machine is actually right when it tries to protect us? Despite his being clearly NeoRoman, I'd verge on saying I wrote the damn protocols! I mean, my god Val. Oh, and send Zuguth over, he's the new First Officer."

Error

Post by Error » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:44 pm

"I don't trust the machine because the NeoRomans famously had issues with maintaining internal and external security. They lost control of a superweapon at one point."