Genocide

Post yer RPs here.
Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma
Re: Genocide

Post by Professor Fenway » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:33 pm

Hendrix turned behind him and motioned to three other scientists, as well as Hawkins and two other marines. "Follow, but no aggressive movements," he said, directing his statement towards Hawkins. He picked up his canteen, clasped it to his belt, and began following the two reptiles.

So we'll see their society already, he thought to himself. And begin to learn their language in the process.

Solar112
Captain
Captain
IGN:Solar112

Post by Solar112 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:43 am

Upon overview of the crew satisfaction reports the crew express extreme discontent with the decision of Fleet Admiral Barian. Unfortunately due to the extremely small amount of crew, and lack of any real weapons there was almost nothing that Jochen could do.

"Eckhardt. Check the cargo manifest."

"Yes sir."

"I'm your brother. There is no need to call me sir."

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:54 am

EDIT: I just noticed, Solar, your guys' ages. Either a) they were born on the ship or b) are a lot older, as the ships spent 20 years in F-Drive (FTL). Pick one, please.

---
The reptilian bipeds led the science team towards a nearby settlement, often looking back at them and apparently saying something in their musical tones.

The group stepped clear of the treeline, and the humans noted the settlement; small, only seven buildings. What looked to be a form of church, several houses, and a large stable; the sounds of low growls and shuffling could be heard from inside.

A number of creatures stood near the houses, looking over the new arrivals with apparent curiosity. The guides walked up, spoke briefly, and turned back to the Terrans, gesturing around and repeating the phrase "Mnawa".

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:07 pm

They're born on the ship. their grandfather was originally in command of the ship, but he died of a heart attack. or something like that.

DeadlyMiddie
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:The Orion Imperium

Post by DeadlyMiddie » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:22 pm

The marines looked at each other, then looked around the village. They noted escape routes, then Hawkins turned to Hendrix. Sir, what do we do now? Get them to feed us or something? Obviously they're not being hostile right now, but we're in the middle of their village. Who knows what they'll do?"
Lead Me, Follow Me, or Get Out of My Way- General George S. Patton Jr.

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:45 pm

((Cargo manifest approval?))
2.5k spare weapons (half laser half ballistic?)
50 mags per ballistic weapon
487.5 kk liters of water
487.5 hk cubic meters of food
957 kk cubic meters of construction material

That was the part that Jochen was interesting in. The other three crates were fairly boring things.

===
Eckhardt yanked out about three fairly bulky wires from the comms console that cut out comms outside the ship. He then went over to Jochen and whispered a few words in his ear.
===
"Gregor, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like you to inform the rest of the fleet of our minor malfunction.
"Yes sir."
===
The running lights of the ship flashed out the following message:
"-.. . / - .... . / ... - . .-.. .-.. .- .-. / .... . .- .-. - / -.-. .-.. --. / - --- / .. -. ..-. --- .-. -- / - .... . / ..-. .-.. . . - / - - / .-- . / .-. / . -..- .--. . .-. .. . -. -.-. .. -. --. / .- / -- .. -. --- .-. / -.-. --- -- -- / -- .- .-.. ..-. ..- -. -.-. - .. --- -. ... .-.-.- / .. .. / -.. . / - .... . / ... - . .-.. .-.. .- .-. / .... . .- .-. - / -.-. .-.. --. / - --- / .. -. ..-. --- .-. -- / - .... . / ..-. .-.. . . - / - - / .-- . / .-. / . -..- .--. . .-. .. . -. -.-. .. -. --. / .- / -- .. -. --- .-. / -.-. --- -- -- / -- .- .-.. ..-. ..- -. -.-. - .. --- -. ... .-.-.-"
(("This is The Stellar Heart calling to inform the fleet that we are experiencing a minor comm malfunctions. I repeat this is The Stellar Heart calling to inform the fleet that we are experiencing a minor comm malfunctions."))
===
Very shortly after several crew members emerged from the side of the ship facing away from the rest of the fleet and walked along the side of the ship using mag-boots stay stuck to the ship. They entered the cargo container from an emergency hatch on the side. Each member grabbed about 3 weapons then exited the cargo container, then went back into the ship, dropped off the weapons then went back for another two sets.
===
Eckhardt walked along the hall towards his late grandfather's room, where he stopped before the door. As he looked at the door he took a deep breath then pressed the button just to the right of the door. The door slid open with a light hiss. Walking into the room he opened a drawer and grabbed a small box of ammo. He pulled out 30 spare rounds, aside from the six he already had.

Error

Post by Error » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:58 pm

//INCOMING TRANSMISSION: CCV Merlin//

---ALL SHIPS MOVE CLEAR ALL SHIPS MOVE CLEAR REACTOR COOLING SABOTAGED REACTOR COOLING SABOTAGED ESTIMATE ONE MINUTE TO DETONATION ESTIMATE ONE MINUTE TO DETONATION---

//END//

The fleet lit engines, sluggishly moving away from the damaged vessel; plumes of coolant could be seen venting into space.

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:18 pm

"SIR A SHIP IS LEAKING COOLANT!"
"The fleet is moving!"
"Full reverse." Jochen commanded as calmly as possible.
"Yes sir."
The ship jerked and creaked as each of the reverse engines were ignited in a "ж" pattern.

Error

Post by Error » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:59 pm

A series of dull flashes lit the hull of the ship; several chunks of hull blew out into space. With one final, almost resigned, blast, the ship fragmented, her aft end shattered and fore hull drifting, atmosphere, fuel, and water leaking from breaches and destroyed pipes. The few remaining lights on her hull flickered once and went out.

Barian sighed, covering his face with a hand. Thirteen thousand lost.

His eye snapped open. Maybe not...

"All ships, this is Admiral Barian. Dispatch salvage, rescue, and marine teams to the wreck; there may be survivors."

(OOC: No survivors, the longitudianal shockwaves... splattered the crew and passengers. Messily.)

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:33 pm

"Cut the reversing thrusters. Bring us back to a stable orbit.Turn us to where the other side of the ship is facing the fleet." Jochen said in his usual monotonous voice. "Eckhardt, have a few crew members get some of the armour plating from cargo container D."
===
The a few of the crew members made another trip outside each bringing 1 armoured wall section about 1.5 meters by 1.5 meters each.
===
The newly retrieved armour plates were installed in strategic positions in the hallway leading from the airlocks.
===
"Attention all crew, the Starboard airlock blast doors are being tested, please refrain from entering the starboard airlock hall."

DeadlyMiddie
Ensign
Ensign

Post by DeadlyMiddie » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:34 pm

General Lynx dispatched a platoon to search the wreckage, then turned to the live feed, watching intently.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:37 pm

Mnawa means home, then, Hendrix thought to himself. His headset was recording everything. "Mnawa. Home," he said, looking around the village. He turned to the scientists behind him. "If they offer consumables, make sure to analyze it first to make sure it's edible for us. Standard procedure. Same goes for you, Hawkins. And if they're hostile, ward them off and do not kill any of them." He turned back to his two guides. "Carry on," he said, gesturing again towards the village center.

-MEANWHILE-
Ferrel switched on the ship intercom after the most recent event. "This is Captain Ferrel. I am assuming control of Hell Frozen Over, effective immediately, due to recent events in the fleet. All civilians are to stay in their dormitories. All non-essential activities are suspended until further notice. All essential activities will be monitored by no less than four marines onboard. Ten marines will be guarding the reactor, engines, and life support at all times. Good day." The intercom clicked off.

Error

Post by Error » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:46 pm

The reptilian inclined its head, gesturing for the team to follow; it headed off towards the church/town hall/thing.

(OOC, aboard the wreck (for those boarding) are a huge pile or rather smeared bodies, a ton of overloaded and fused components, half-melted bulkheads, and general unpleasantry.)

DeadlyMiddie
Ensign
Ensign

Post by DeadlyMiddie » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:11 pm

As the team entered the town hall, they were directed toward tree stumps that had been uprooted and used as seats. The scientists sat down, but the marines remained standing. After they had settled, one of the reptiles offered food to Hawkins. Hawkins, after analyzing the food, determined it inedible due to high amounts of hydrogen cyanide. He turned it down as politely as he could, but the reptile seemed to get angry over this. Hawkins said a bit nervously to Hendrix, "Uh, sir, I think that they're angry."

At the same time, General Lynx had grown impatient and snapped off a transmission to Hendrix, "Give me a SITREP."

Error

Post by Error » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:17 pm

As the reptile snarled, a second one, dressed in something resembling robes, placed a hand on its arm and murmered something. The first backed off, bowing, and stomped out, repeating something to itself. The robes creature bowed to the terrans, gesturing for them to check over a bottle on the floor behind him.