Post by Error » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:15 am

Spoiler:

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Re: Looking of how good draw I am!

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:06 am

No. Remove circle tool. Is literal devil.
This tutorial should help.
Also, the UTN is always to be drawn as a hypercube because Iv is from Israel.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:04 am

Error, I am disappoint.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:14 am

Daynel, I request one of the NeoRoman meeting with Novus in NGC 1300, including ARK ball.

Is here ARK meeting

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:32 am

So I made a futureball drawing guide/tutorial, if you are interested in making your own:
Spoiler:
And Fen, I'll try, I guess, but tbh I don't know much about the ARK stations, I was pretty much away from the forum when you started with those things. Do they have a flag or something, or should I just do a metalized NSCD flag, or whoever made the ARKs?
Also, what was the NeoRoman flag again?

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:41 pm

ARK stations are giant battlestations bristling with technology, weapons, everything. No flag; i'd make some sort of metal thingy or something.

Or, you know, you could do the AUF's psionic program (with added mad scientist laugh)

NR flag;

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:05 pm

I would participate, but if i tried to enter I would spend so much time trying to catch up.
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Prototype wrote:F-14s are just gay Tornados.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:20 pm

SOUTH MURKA FUCK YEAH!

==
Spoiler:
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:25 pm

Spoiler:
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:30 pm

You all ppl should design better flags, I dont approve almost any flag made by ppl here, some of them just feel random and not really flag-like, some of them have terrible palette choices while others are just downright ugly. Its not that complicated, begin by choosing your color palette, you need colors that dont clash together yet contrast with each other. Next up make your flag layout, in our sci-fi environment Id expect most ppl to pick insignias of some sort, in general you look for something not too complicated and not involving too many colors, usually the insignia comes in one or max two colors that contrast with the background. For ideas you can look for something meaningful for your faction or simple geometric shapes (UTN spheres Ill admit I just took something that looked good in my opinion :tongue: ). other choices are simplistic pictures such as the UTN eagle.

Now that you have your insignia put it where you want it, you dont have to put it in the middle but that would be the usual choice (or middle with offset to the left or right). Either way after that you would like to make sure your flag is not too empty, dont go uber detail but dont leave too much of your flag empty, for example in the flag version of the UTN symbol I put olive branches on the sides, other standard choices would be lines in various configurations (simple lines, V shapes and so on).

Finally again keep in mind your flag should not be something too fancy and detailed, it should be easily recognized. Overall I dont suggest more than 3 to 4 colors either (again simplistic design through color choice).
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:31 pm

Professor Fenway wrote:Daynel, I request one of the NeoRoman meeting with Novus in NGC 1300, including ARK ball.

Is here ARK meeting
Damn, I need to start RPing again.

Also, ARKS do not have flags, being made by machines and so forth.
But the NSCD did use a glyph thingy for ages.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:47 pm

Iv121 wrote:Iv * about reality again
Iv, There fictional flags we use like once and then are left to rot in a spoiler in some dead faction info thread.
They dont need to be good or realistic.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:20 pm

What's wrong with NR flag?

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:21 pm

I didn't * around, I gave you a short flag making lesson, your prob is not that you make crap flags or crap things, but the fact you take all criticism and call it *, ignoring it and never trying to improve, you will never succeed in anything with that attitude, Im * around but Im giving advice too, perhaps you should listen to it.

BTW the excuse its mere faction flag is pathetic, its an insignificant flag befitting an insignificant fraction, everyone knows how the UTA flag looks like even if I didn't play RP in ages now, I dont think your flag will be as easily recognized Shadowcat, if you belittle your own faction how do you expect me to treat it with respect ? Now open that paint and go make a good flag, talking about flags:
Spoiler:
@ Fen the criticism was general but Ill answer:

In my opinion your flag feels too pixelated, try working with more diagonals and less squares, second I moderately liked the design of the insignia and didn't like at all the side stuff. If you redo the insignia slightly it should be better, in your case I will suggest not to add small details to it, also make it bigger, like much bigger. Another complaint is the color scheme, although not THAT bad I dont like it too much, for some reason at first glance your flag associates with an error sign for me with the insignia turning into a triangle with a '!' in the middle due to the color scheme, try using something different.
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:35 pm

Iv, I can't say I really know what is wrong with my flag, in fact, if it's simplicity you want mine could be claimed to be better than your own, even. Sure, some people have overly complicated flags (Looking at you, cats), but quite a few of us don't, examples being me, Error, Vinyl and Ach, and LS and Fen too, I guess. Oh, and yourself, of course.