Post yer RPs here.
Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK
Re: Looking of how good draw I am!

Post by Vinyl » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:54 pm

A non-propaganda poster that demonstrates the percentages of the 7 Hexalanic races within Hexalan.
Spoiler:
Explanation on the races:
Spoiler:
The Operarius are effectively organic robots. They are very visually diverse, ranging from servant "androids" to heavy lifting "bots" to mobile excavating platforms to a starship AI alternative. They cannot reproduce naturally, so for the population to grow they must rely on the Artifex's labs. They are found on nearly every world of Hexalan.

The Legatus were designed to function as non-military citizens and as public leaders, though they are very effective strategists due to the skill overlap. Their world-type is the most dominant of the lot; Legatus prefer light urban clusters, with large distances between clusters; some Legatus do live in the (mostly) untouched areas between cities, making large mansion-esque villas or small compounds their home.

The Segmentum are similar to the Hexalani you've previously encountered in that they are very expendable units only really good for flesh walls. However, unlike the prior Hexalani, they are incompatible with Homo sapiens. Their preferred world is that of dense urban layering that covers a planet, like that of the prior Hexalani.

The Rixator are similar to the Hexalani you've previously encountered, but only really in appearance. They, unlike the Segmentum and the prior Hexalani, are competent. They share a world preference with the Segmentum.

The Artifex were the first race that HexaCorp made. They are predisposed to exhibit abnormalities that have traditionally been associated with "geniuses", and combined with an ingrained loyalty to the values of Hexalan (note: not Hexalan itself) as well as a deep respect from the other races, are why they are the true backbone and driving force of Hexalan. Though their preferred world type is similar to the Legatus', Artifex are more-than-willing to live anywhere they need; they frequently must live on the city-worlds so they may work full-time with the Lanius.

The Insinuatis are similar to the Rixator, but are far less naturally adept for frontline combat, this is why they usually serve as police or other law enforcement. They do not have any known overall world preference, individual choice and employment pressure seem to be the only factors.

The Lanius are similar to the Operarius, but instead of beings of labor, they are beings of war. Lanius are used instead of Operarius as AI alternatives on warships. Like the Operarius, they take many forms, ranging from heavy tanks to siege walkers. They cannot reproduce naturally, so for the population to grow they must rely on the Artifex's labs. Their preferred world type is shared with the Segmentum and Rixator.

If you are concerned that the Lanius, Operarius, or other sentients are used in the way they are, know that we do not actively enforce their cooperation. Because, well, we don't have to. Similar to the Zuguthian's artificial species, they are predisposed to enjoy their niche, with "enforcement" being carried out through the cultural idea that they, like anyone else, are a cog in the mechanism that is the pursuance of the Hexalani values. Hexalan itself takes no responsibility for their creation, as it was entirely the doing of a group of now-dead HexaCorp employees. Also, we will readily let an individual make their own way: e.g. a Legatus decides he'd rather live his life among the Lanius; we'd readily digitize him and upload the new AI into a Lanius husk.
EDIT: Complimentary diagram for the graph.
Spoiler:
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:14 pm

Mostly unrelated.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImage
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:13 pm

...huh.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:53 pm

Spoiler:

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:32 pm

Taken from a Live test game.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:10 am

Errah will you just reboot the arpies already? I need motivation to learn to make better art than Vinyl.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:49 am

R͙̲͇̹̗̲̔ͣ̂ͭ̆͑̀̽͜E̳̬̺̘̝̻̳̟͉ͮͣS͍̺̻̞̑̏̄̀ͮIͤ͏͇̠͈̱͝S̹̰͚̹̙͎̫̣ͥ͂̾̈̇̀͠͞T̷̢̛̤̮͆̎͂Aͣ̉̿̋҉̰̲̭͘N̢͚̔̾̂͑̃͋̂ͦ͠ͅC̼͉̩̮̯ͬͣͯ͐̄ͥͤE̼͖̩͎͖ͭͧ́ͭ͑͐̈́̀͡ ̵̦̣̫̤̺̟̈ͬ̍ͫ͘I̸͔̘͎̦̯͉̜̤ͮ̓S͔͔͙̪̙̃̊ͅ ̟̩̖͕̹̮̳̘ͧͨ̆͋̾ͩͪ͘F̴͇̗̼ͣ́Ư̞̝̪̳̪̗̖͕̌ͬ͂ͣͩͮ̅̿̀̚̕T̵̡̻̳̥̅̓͆̄ͯ̅̊ͅI̵̻͖̙͗ͧ͋̍͒ͮ̍͝L̸̺͎̦̹̂̍͞Ë̴̢̅͆͐͐̿̚͏̺͖͇͇̮̩ͅ

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:29 am

Umm... false, resistance is voltage divided per current. Or angular frequency times inductancy. Or the reciprocal of frequency times capacitance.
But it is never futile.

HAIL HYRDA
Unrelated:

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Error

Post by Error » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:11 am

Working on some finer points, Dayne, cool your jets.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:28 pm

Conceptual testing time

Title screen (2 variants)
Spoiler:
Ingame GUI v1
Spoiler:
Ingame GUI v2
Spoiler:
GUI v3 exists, I've just not made any pics with it.

Error

Post by Error » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:32 pm

Cool. Looks like it could be amuse.

Tau
Admin
Affiliation:Futureville Mafia
IGN:TehPwnzor7306

Post by Tau » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:20 pm

Saravanth wrote:Umm... false, resistance is voltage divided per current. Or angular frequency times inductancy. Or the reciprocal of frequency times capacitance.
But it is never futile.
frequency times inductancy... reciprocal of frequency times capacitance
Uh, that's actually reactance, not resistance.
Vinyl wrote:"RP" and gaming and homosexuality is what's keeping [the forum] afloat.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:10 am

Asteroid Belt planetary system. Currently lacks presence in the Player's Manual (and thus, has no associated game rules).
Spoiler:

Saravanth
Captain
Captain
IGN:Saravanth

Post by Saravanth » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:50 am

Tau wrote:
Saravanth wrote:Umm... false, resistance is voltage divided per current. Or angular frequency times inductancy. Or the reciprocal of frequency times capacitance.
But it is never futile.
frequency times inductancy... reciprocal of frequency times capacitance
Uh, that's actually reactance, not resistance.
Eh, translations n shit. Talking about complex resistors, coils n capacit0rs. Point being that resistance is never, ever futile. At least in practice.

"When I get a hold of a Boeing 777 I will stuff it in the cargo bay my freighter and when I find you I will engage in an invasion of your butt that will make 9/11 look like a picnic, Hexalani swine." -Kobialka, 0531015.M3
"Hyperlite, you *." -Tau, 0446015.M3

Don't tell anybody, but to this day I have a faint hope for Futurecraft, or something similar to it, to happen. Within my lifetime.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:03 pm

Spoiler:
Spoiler: