cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Re: Schizo Tech

Post by cats » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:59 pm

Shadowcat wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:I drew Taarakra Siesh
Spoiler:
Did someone step on your head or are you just ugly?
u wot m8
Spoiler:
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:48 pm

catsonmeth wrote:
Shadowcat wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:I drew Taarakra Siesh
Spoiler:
Did someone step on your head or are you just ugly?
u wot m8
Spoiler:
Probably just me but you look like a Prothean. Anyway,

BIC:

Demivian paused when his the HUD projected in front of him began to beep, reporting a sensor contact. He looked up and saw several black dots falling from the sky; very small, and very easy to miss. As he watched, the squad officer, Karl, came up behind him. "See something?" Karl asked.

"Looks like the Republic," Demivian responded. The implants were winding down at this point. "Special forces, most likely."

"Damn. This gang leader's really important to them?"

"If they're sending special forces, they're expecting resistance. Like us." Demivian checked his ammunition counts.

"Well, we better get there fast. You," he said, pointing to a smaller group of soldiers, "Go through the streets and do stuff. And you," pointing to another group, "find a rooftop route. Demivian, get on the wall and watch our asses. Remember that we are NOT firing upon the Republic, only observing. So stay out of sight. If any trouble comes up, we're boogieing out." He finished, and the groups split. Demivian scaled one of the taller buildings on the outskirts and set up an over-watch position over the town.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:57 pm

Martin stepped outside after finishing his drink, to get away from the fight. There were quite a lot of guns in there, one of them was bound to go off sooner or later.
He decided to take a little walk, see what was new in town since last time he had been there. He looked around, saw buildings, clouds, a republic airship, the bank..
A republic what?

Martin looked up again, and saw the airship above, and the soldiers dropping out.
He started walking backwards towards the bar again, and pulled up his phone.
"Hey, Juan? This is Marty. Seems to me, the republic's coming to get you, so I think you should take your guys and get the hell out of there."
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Julo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by Julo » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:47 am

Skra sat in this bar for at least one hour now. It was dark outside and his contact didn't show up. He ordered another glass of tonic water. He did not want to get drunk, in case the contact would come late on purpose, to make Skra drunk and then use this to his advantage. But Skra was not that stupid. The glass of tonic water came. It was still cold. Skra wanted to sit next to a window to have a better view outside. So he walked over to another table, when suddenly a noise came from outside. It sounded like multiple persons landing. They must have been fast, their landing sounded like it was hard. Skra thought for a moment before he realized that they were probably going to assault the bar.
"With all this scum sitting around here, it is hard to decide which of them is the target." Skra thought.
BLAM
The door opened and multiple soldiers, armed to the teeth, came in.
Everybody in the bar was in panic and Skra used the situation to quickly escape. The soldiers must have thought that the pet of somebody in the bar ran off, due to the fact, that he looked like a black panther from the distance.
But once he was outside, he analyzed the situation.
"A republic airship, with HALO jumpers. There must be marksmen around, too," he thought and then send a very strong telepathic pulse, saying: "The bar is under attack, there are specialized soldiers and marksmen around! Everybody, prepare to fight!"
The pulse was stronger than Skra expected. He could hear a mental echo from one of the nearby soldiers, who looked like he was hit on the forehead.
"They must've heard this in a good distance away from here," Skra thought, angry that his panic led to this overreaction. But he did not have time to spare, as one of the soldiers figured out who sent the pulse.
Skra ran like a streak, from the place outside the bar to the nearest building, which he used as cover. He saw a ladder going to the roof of the building. One jump took him there, the second one halfway up it, and the third one onto the roof.
Skra noticed two soldiers, who seamed to look for him. This meant that some of the marksmen must have targeted him too. Skra saw only one way to escape. The roof on the other side of the road. Skra took a run-up, he only had 20m. He came close to the edge of the roof and even closer before he jumped. He saw the other roof and asked himself in the air, if he was fast enough to reach it.
Suddenly, Julo.
"This DOES NOT help!"

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:54 am

Tiel;
-Specify a species. Poopians are not an FC species, they are just denied.
-If I made a typo ("Ausralian"?) point it out, don't make the same one yourself, it just looks derp.

Denied until these are fixed.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:00 am

Human.

And you made plenty of them, dw mate.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Error

Post by Error » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:12 am

...What did I *just* say?

If human, I see no issues. Welcome aboard.

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:13 am

I propose a subspecies of Human called Tiel.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:10 am

Demivian was on the roof, watching the bar, when he noticed the panther-like creature scurrying around. It seemed that the Republic was after it. He focused on it, lost it, and then continued watching the marksmen on the various roofs. He was cloaked, and wouldn't be seen unless they got very close. After a minute, he saw the panther again, on the roof opposite from him. His curiosity was piqued when the panther leaped off the roof, directly at him. And he realized the panther wouldn't quite make it to the roof. Republic soldiers were on the street below; it'd be torn to shreds. Demivian ran to the edge of the building and grabbed one of Skra's limbs as he fell just short of the building, pulling him onto the roof before backing behind a wall. He instantly realized that it wasn't a panther at all; it was a lot different. It seemed slightly confused, so Demivian deactivated his cloaking mechanism and looked at him. Skra looked back.

After a moment, Demivian cleared his throat. "I don't know if you can understand me." No reply, but he felt something tugging in his head. A small voice in the back of it. He shook it off. "I'm not your enemy, and if you're against the Republic, i'm on your side."

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:14 am

Who precisely are the Strigiforme after? I thought it was a gang leader.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:33 am

A local gang leader, yeah. Not sure if Julo is attempting to be him (the guy was originally just a redshirt NPC), but okay.

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:35 am

Well, my post was supposed to be me calling that gang leader guy cus I got some ties with him, so unless Julo changed name to Juan, Julo can't be.
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

Julo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by Julo » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:44 am

Na, I'm not, my character just expected, that terrorists assaulted the bar. They think, that I am a guardian of him or something.
Suddenly, Julo.
"This DOES NOT help!"

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:03 pm

I guess this is happening in MexiTexas, right?

A soft breeze buffeted the craft as it sped toward the town. It was a small, makeshift gunboat. Cheap and held no more than three passengers. Taarakra sat on the lip of a side door, almost unable to fit inside the ship. He staring out over the landscape, barely conscious of the turbines whirring overhead and the speech of his singular comrade, Jaime. Jaime had been ordered to supervise Taarakra on his missions under Juan Villa, but so far had mostly served as a source of constant pep talks, which Taarakra had developed a habit of blocking out. He turned his attention toward the weapon in his hands.

Jaime's heavily-accented words drifted back into Taarakra's mind. "Probably cannot stay in this region anymore, eh?"

He continued to ignore the human. An HA-54-B 13mm automatic rifle. One that's traveled with him since his first campaign.

"Ah, guess Mister Villa had plans to move already, anyway."

Taarakra ran a microfibre cloth along the length of the weapon, showing special care to the long, serrated bayonet that terminated several decimeters from the end of the barrel.

"I w'd guess only one or two more missions for us, then you get paid and the rest of us get to feel real freedom."

He picked up a magazine filled with high explosive shells and looked through the alignment window, then did the same with his uranium armor piercing, hollowpoint, and shredder ammunition.

'These owls have been up our asses since a year ago. Tonight, me and you are gonna show few of 'em the light of our cause, Taka!" With that, Jaime flipped his gasmask over the lip of his helmet, threw a brightly-colored poncho over his shoulders, and began adjusting the straps of his flexible armor.

Strigiforme? It's been a while since I've drawn the blood of the Republic. He slid the bolt back and checked the weapon's chamber, then twisted his facial plates into something resembling a smile.

Jaime shouted through the transparent faceplate of the mask, "Yeah, Taka! Yeah! Vamos a ir a la mierda para arriba!" With that, he jumped from the craft, onto a rooftop.

They had neared the site when Taarakra had been checking his weapon. He downed a stim pack and locked his visor into place, then propelled himself down beside the building Jaime had chosen, into an alley. He activated his communications. "Move before they target you. Stay mobile. Try to take out some of the marksmen."

"Yeah, I will get some information to the next few drops." Jaime shouted over comms, referencing the next four boats that would deliver eight more freedom fighters to the site. Taarakra and Jaime were the tip of the spear, as it were, in this mission.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:48 pm

The radio in Kyr's ear let out a low squawk, alerting him to an urgent communication.

"We have several targets spotted, match known militia and gang profiles. SpecOps troops nearing the ground report small skirmishes." reported another sniper.

Kyr continued surveying the ground, noticing two figures in an alley. They both quickly escaped from view until one of them, with a bright poncho moved into view. He aimed, and squeezed off a burst of two shots from his rifle. The gun fired recoilless railgun rounds, specifically Semi-Armour Piercing High Explosive Incendiary(SAPHEI) rounds. The rounds could easily penetrate most armours, detonating inside the plate and killing the target. The poncho'd figure fell, probably dead, while his companion remained in cover. Kyr swiveled again, observing other sections of his AO, firing his two round burst sniper at a few other combatants. The SpecOps soldiers had landed, and he could see the small firefights starting in the streets.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler: