Schizo Tech

Post yer RPs here.
Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:ZIF
Re: Schizo Tech

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:29 pm

OOC: ACH, I just wanna know, do the owl soldiers follow me to my airship for drinks or do they shoot at me while I run?
BASH THE FASH CLASS WAR NOW

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:36 pm

If your gun is holstered, your hands/appendages in the air, and you are fleeing, the worst that will happen is that you may be detained as a combatant, tried by a military court, and then made to work on a prison farm in Manchuria for a few years.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:53 pm

So if I run away with my hands in the air and take off with my ship I'll be fine, but I won't have any owls over for drinks?
Got it, will make a post sometime.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:00 pm

To end the aeguments:

While the Republic *could* hold off both the Alliance and Free State, doing so would strain their military, to the point where ANY offensive ops spread you thin.

A 1v1 with either the Alliance -or- Free State would put the Republic in a good position, however. That said, the uneasy peace prevails because nobody wants to ally with anyone else, due to political and ideological differences.

The Free State will poke both the Alliance and Republic freely, as the Republic doesn't poke back (that hard - it's trying to find a way to absorb the AFS) whereas the Alliance will shoot back, though won't provoke a shooting war.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:45 pm

So... So the Strigiforme ops team just leaves and moves in noncombat personnel with hostile forces remaining in the town and a flotilla of airships advancing?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:06 pm

The SpecOps killed just about all resistance, and they don't know about the airships because they're hundreds of miles away. The noncombatants have guards, but they are regular soldiers, though still better than all the gangs.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:55 pm

Austin gazed at the smoking hulk of a city nestled in the Texan sands miles below. There were clear signs of a struggle, but the streets were all but deserted. Clearly, they'd gotten there far too late to do anything worthwhile.

"Well, shit."
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:22 pm

Martin and Pedro, and a couple gangers, entered Martin's airship.
"Well, she's not the biggest ship around, but she manages. Help yourself to whatever drinks you want, and if you want some rest there should be sleeping bags in the storage."

"So what are we going to do now, amigo?" Pedro asked, following Martin into his quarters.
"Well, I guess you guys could tag along with me, until your boss wants you back. You could man the guns, I guess."
Martin sat down by a desk in the back of the room, and pressed a button. A computer screen and a keyboard emerged from the desk.
"Right now, though, I'm gonna check the news, see if anything interesting is happening around the area, and check if someone's been mailing me who wants something done. If I don't find anything for us to do, hell, we might just pick a random direction and get flying."

Solar112
Captain
Captain
IGN:Solar112

Post by Solar112 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:20 pm

"So, how far away is the nearest town?" Helios inquired towards a green eyed Solari.

"A few kilometers north-northeast." Replied the solari, not looking up from his gadget.

"I see. Perhaps we should set up camp in between here and there. I have a few ideas I'd like to discuss with y'all."

"Uhuh."

"I'll start conjuring a cart to transport this. We'll head out at nightfall." Helios said in a decisive voice, walking a few meters away from the airship. Upon deciding that he was far enough away he created 18 wheels, each approximately 50 cm in diameter. Upon completing the wheels he set them aside. Then he moved onto the chassis, creating a base about half a meter wider than the airship on each side, with 'X' shaped patterns along the length of the cart. Then moving onto the pieces that would support the airship itself, he conjured up 12 pieces then magically welded them to the cart. Then he levitated the cart and attached the wheels to it.

Error

Post by Error » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:24 pm

Val glanced about as she wandered into the skyport. Spotting several transports, she made for the nearest one.

Hearing voices within, she knocked on the hull.

"Oi. Got space for one more in there?" she inquired.

OOC, Dayn, is your ship.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:18 pm

The sounds of the town behind were now quiet enough to be drowned out by the engines, not that listening to what was going on there was relevant anymore. Passing the ridge, he saw below the small group he was with. His comms scratched alive,
"Hey, welcome back Ligion! Where've you been, and where'd you get that ride?"
"Surveying the town, as for how I acquired my transport, suffice to say it involved nonviolent larceny."
"Well, glad you made it back in one piece."
The small ship settled onto the dusty, cracked rock next to the largest of the three wheeled vehicles, which was nearly the size of a small house. A human walked toward him wearing sparse yet regularly armor that held a design similar to his and the five others'. Ligion spotted two of his companions in the bay that was the rear of the baserunner, tending to a light mech.
"Any progress on restoring the other platform?"
"Not much, we've been on a major holdup for parts, and since none of us can conjure replacement parts accurate enough, we'll have to go looking with Bertram over there," he pointed to the light mech, "though it's been tough to get him operating long enough since our run in with those privateers last month."
"I see. Although, we may be able to use this craft, it is significantly faster and can hold more than Bertram, additionally, it is in a functional state."
"You know we would, but either we'll have to scrap it or return it, and I don't think returning it's and option, is it?"
"... Negative."
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Archduke Daynel, PhD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Archduke Daynel, PhD » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:57 pm

"All right, nothing that needs doing, so let's just-"
"Oi. got space for one more in there?"
"Who the fu.."

Martin stepped out on the deck and looked down towards the little person who had been knocking. It was the aurelian from the bar.
"Oh, hi, it's you. Yeah, you look like you can handle yourself, and we'd need an extra.. whatever you're good at really, so sure, why not."
He pressed a button, and a platform flipped out and lowered itself to ground level. The aurelian stepped on, and the platform rose back up.
"One thing to note though: I never really expected to travel with anyone, so this ship's got only one bed. So unless you're feeling snuggly, you'll have to sleep in a sleeping bag like the rest of the.. I guess they're my crew now."

Error

Post by Error » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:37 am

Val raised an eyebrow at the human.

"Whatever works. And I guess I can help with repairs, defense, whatever. Little bit of everything, really."

Glancing around, she noted the rest of the crew, mostly looking clueless and slightly drunk.

This is gonna go great.

Solar112
Captain
Captain
IGN:Solar112

Post by Solar112 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:01 am

Gathering all of the magic users in one place, he organised them around the airship and had them levitate it over to the cart, of course he's helping as well. Upon finishing the task of moving the cart the solari wandered into groups of three or four and chatted, excluding a few which climbed up into the gondola of the airship to keep working on it.

((i can haz nightfall?))

Error

Post by Error » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:23 am

OOC, the military ops began just before dusk. So sure.