Schizo Tech

Post yer RPs here.
Solar112
Captain
Captain
IGN:Solar112
Re: Schizo Tech

Post by Solar112 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:25 pm

Magic fixed. m-12 t-3 fulfilling the maximum of 15, and the 1-12 each. If that's the case, then after this one is done I suggest a proper magic RP. Also I'll just revert to prior to the launch. I would also like to point out that ACH shouldn't really know where I am since I teleported out of the bar thing I don't think I specified where though.

BIC,

Helios, finishing decorating his ship he decided that he needed something else for defense. He created a rather nice rifle that shoots a 2kg slug at 3.6 km/s. The slug is magically altered to explode on contact. It does this by gathering magical energy along it's travel, then it releases this as thermal energy, breaking apart designed weak points creating shrapnel which rather quickly is broken apart into high energy particles which depending on the material has a chance to induce radioactive emittance on said materials

OOC: This might not make too terribly much sense, I'll go back over it in a moment.

e: this was typed prior to achs post so I'm ignoring that.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:29 pm

2 KILOgram? Holy hell, mate.

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:35 pm

My rifle in the other old RP shoots a 1kg slug, so it shouldn't be too terribly surprising. I decided 2kg because magic.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:39 pm

The ship knew where you were because you started flying and they have both radar and eyes. As for the rest(gun), I'm not sure if you know how much 2kg is, as you are an American. It's pretty heavy. Regardless, if you were to shoot at, say, the gyrodyne, it would ping off the sooper armour.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:42 pm

2kg is 4.4 pounds, That's like a depleted uranium slug. The magazine on that rifle must be heavy as fuck.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:46 pm

Osmium is denser than DU. So it's probably closer to a DU coated Os slug. But also magic so it's probably a non existent material, or at least one we haven't discovered yet. also 2kg is 4.4 pounds.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:24 pm

Can we have it so that magic =/= asspull?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:26 pm

No.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:06 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Daynel wrote:Not a merc faction, the Australian Free State. That third great nation thing. Stuffed to the brim with weapons and stuff.
The thing is that they are friendly with the Strigiforme, and also would probably not want to provoke a war. You know, because it's generally a bad idea? Also, why is Tiel being a confused little bastard and misspelling Australia? Even though it's misspelled on the map, it should be properly spelled elsewhere to reduce confusion.
On the contrary, I prefer consistency.

And you could just as easily say the USSR was *friendly* with the US, really. Everyone knows it's all going to shit when someone gets shoved the wrong way so I don't think it's entirely unbelievable a lesser nation would want to inflict bruises when they can.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:31 pm

Chairman_Tiel wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
Daynel wrote:Not a merc faction, the Australian Free State. That third great nation thing. Stuffed to the brim with weapons and stuff.
The thing is that they are friendly with the Strigiforme, and also would probably not want to provoke a war. You know, because it's generally a bad idea? Also, why is Tiel being a confused little bastard and misspelling Australia? Even though it's misspelled on the map, it should be properly spelled elsewhere to reduce confusion.
On the contrary, I prefer consistency.

And you could just as easily say the USSR was *friendly* with the US, really. Everyone knows it's all going to shit when someone gets shoved the wrong way so I don't think it's entirely unbelievable a lesser nation would want to inflict bruises when they can.
The problem lies when the lesser nation is discovered attacking, and gets promptly curbstomped and taken over. Idk, are you Australian leader or what, but I feel you should have that noted.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:39 pm

Solar112 wrote: If that's the case, then after this one is done I suggest a proper magic RP.
I have one that I've been planning for a while. Have part of the OP written already. Gonna be a revised reboot of the "Lathemele" RP that I posted a while back.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:44 pm

Opening a front with Australia means exposing your flanks to the Republic. The balance of power is what's preventing any one nation from declaring war on another. To bring up the Cold War example again, it's essentially one of the reasons why both sides of the conflict got away with crap like the events leading up to the Berlin Airlift or fueling proxy wars in Vietname & Korea - no one wants to commit to a full scale war. Same holds true here - you bide your time and bite back harder when you have the opportunity. It's like having a pinching war with a sibling while your parent's back is turned, except here there's a third sibling who's totally going to fuck you up if you turn their eyes from them.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:03 am

Even with a tripolar geopolitical balance, the Strigiforme could probably hold off or defeat the Alliance, or possibly get them to not attack at all. The thing about war is that people on both sides will die, and as such, the Alliance probably wouldn't want to be dragged into a war that frankly doesn't have anything to do with them. The Strigiforme and Australians fighting would be a good thing; it would distract the Strigiforme from areas like Texas, allowing the Alliance to expand.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:06 am

Can we stop arguing and play the god damned roleplay.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:24 am

Arguing is half the fun.

All the fun for me, actually. Actually writing stuff out is boring as hell, especially when it gets picked apart and called noncanon when it doesn't coincide with someone's plans for a situation.

@ACH No, that's not how it works. If you were able to hold off two sovereign nations at once (as op as that'd be) we wouldn't even be in this situation.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]