Grounded: Futurecraft

Post yer RPs here.
Solar112
Captain
Captain
IGN:Solar112
Re: Grounded: Futurecraft

Post by Solar112 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:19 am

Solari stored the remaining containers of liquid, and sealed the bag, while doing so, he inquired as to what's wrong.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:31 am

Exion stowed the hypervelocity kinetic beam weapon, "Don't you have nothing to fear of me, unlike Hexalan I don't keep it loaded."
"Even though you probably should, because although we both know our hand-to-hand is lethal, it pays to be able to quickly react at range. Or, at least end a melee battle faster."
"I'll have you know I keep several clips at the ready."
"And you'll have one less without one already in."
"The only one we'd have to worry about here is Solari, and he wouldn't hurt us, considering how he's so engulfed in Val, who, as you may know, will avoid violence in any form, even between us if it comes to it. If that walking armory started shooting, you'd bet your ass she's step in and he's listen, because as you know much more than I their relationship."
"Sounds like... you trust the Commonwealth, don't you remember your training? "Let them trust you, do not trust them", or have you forgotten."
"I, have no comment." Exion strode past Hexalan to the small gathering around NeoRohm. The Operative stood there, watching them, arms folded tightly against the ablatively shielded ceramium breastplate.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:38 am

"Impossible," Nerohm said. "The sensor has to be malfunctioning."

"What do you mean?" someone asked.

"It's telling me that there's a hyper-velocity shell approaching our vessel at 10% the speed of light."

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:40 am

Val glanced between the two.

"I'll just be... over here." she said, gesturing to the window. Wandering over, she shook her head.

And the ship shook, the lights went out.

/ / /
The round slammed into Helena's engines, blowing them apart and severing power and control links. The reactor shut itsef down, preventing death by explosion but bringing up the other concern - death by gravity, as the flight fields failed.

The ship began to descend, slowly, almost sedately, towards the planet below.

DeadlyMiddie
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:The Orion Imperium

Post by DeadlyMiddie » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:50 am

Orion reacted the quickest, "Everyone get to a crash seat or an escape pod. We'll link up... *he marked a point on his dataslate and sent it to everyone* ...here. Get whatever supplies you can carry." He then proceeded to blow open the blast door with his mind. The way to the crash seats and escape pods was open. "See you guys on the ground."
Lead Me, Follow Me, or Get Out of My Way- General George S. Patton Jr.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:53 am

"Seems like your data wasn't off, sir. Do we have a damage report?"
Hexalan, on the other side of the room, was speaking into her comm piece, "I want a full sweep of the system." "No, I don't care." "What do you mean we can't spare anything, what's the deployment?" "Well, I'm sure we will be able to manage. But if me or the Subcommander die, it's on your hands... Lord of Admirals." With that, she abruptly hung up. "Looks like we won't be getting any help from the Expanses, even though that frigate was just here, for reasons you lot don't have clearance for."

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:54 am

After feeling the shock solari rushed over to val, and picked her up by the back of her shirt, and held her of his left side, with an arm firmly around her waist, though not tight enough to hurt her. Walking briskly over towards where the escape pods were then put val in one then sent it off towards the planet. Returning to the ship he wandered around for supplies, finding very little of use.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:00 pm

"I'm going out to check out the damage, Exion, see if you can send out a beacon from the bridge."
"On it sir." But put on the pressurized helmet and Exion, with some ease, pried open one of two doors to the bridge. Hexalan made entry to the airlock where she climbed across the hull using magnetics to survey the source of the large debris cloud.

Error

Post by Error » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:02 pm

Sighing, Val phase shifted, turning to ensure the pod launched. Nodding to herself, she set off towards the command deck, eyes adjusting to the dark as she did so.

Arriving, she jumped over several dazed crew, taking the place of the now-unconcious helmsman. Running her hands over the unfamiliar controls, she found (to her surprise) the maneuvering thrusters seemed to be marginally functional.

Hitting several controls, she aligned to the for a nose-first entry, hoping the hull wouldn't melt.

DeadlyMiddie
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:The Orion Imperium

Post by DeadlyMiddie » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:04 pm

Orion was frantically trying to turn on the backup reactor and stabilize the orbit but it wasn't working. He threw up his hands and said, "I'm grabbing an environment suit and a helmet and going groundside. I'll try to find a suitable camp location." With that, he grabbed the suit and boarded a pod, which promptly launched.
Lead Me, Follow Me, or Get Out of My Way- General George S. Patton Jr.

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:07 pm

Solari, also deciding to head towards the bridge, and to his complete dismay, he found val there.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:10 pm

Strigiforme, in his little canister on the pirate ship also in orbit, suddenly knew what he had to do. Strigiforme rapped the side of the pod, causing the crew in the bay to push him out the airlock. As he drifted away, the proximity detectors in the red canisters tripped, making them explode and kill everyone aboard. Strigiforme in his pod drifted towards the surface, and would arrive a little after the ship crashed.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:13 pm

Sparing Solari a nod, she continued fighting the controls. Noting she only had nalf power on the very few working thrusters, she tapped a glidepath into the automated systems and stood, eading for the door.

Gensturing Solari to follow her, she ran aft, tail trailing behind her. Bringing her commset up, she opened a link to anyone nearby.

"All recieving. We hit the atmosphere in five minutes, the surface in seven. Expect point eight gee gravity and point nine bar atmosphere. Oh, and the shields are down, so you may want to keep yoyr arms and legs inside until we have come to a complete stop."

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:21 pm

Following val, solari removed the laser attached to his upper arm, and twirled it between his fingers, out of anxiety. "Shouldn't we move the ship into a more reasonable orbit?"

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:24 pm

.8g and .9 bar, the shields and some of the armor could take that. Hexalan's chances of having armor that was worth a damn would be severely increased with a plate of the hull armor, but she'd sooner sit and wait inside. Instead, she made way to an escape pod. "Exion, rendezvous at my location. We're abandoning ship." The radio chirped a yes sir.

---

"If you'll excuse me, I have an appointment with my superior." Locating Hexalan's transponder signal on the sensor, she located an escape pod, which she saw on the same sensor that she was on the front of. Hitting the launch button, it detached, and magnetizing her boots opened the door. In the midst of the air rushing out was the armed and armored commando rushing in.