Lux

Post yer RPs here.
cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Re: Lux

Post by cats » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:08 am

Julo, the city has been studied and fought over for a century and its shield mechanism is unknown, you're not going to figure anything out by looking at a triangle. I thought I put it in the OP (opsies), but there are four gates, one for each quadrant of the city. Each gate has a large staircase leading up to the city's base. The gates are around ten meters wide. Upon entering the gate, you will be in a large, grassy courtyard surrounded by friendly-looking metallic buildings. One of those (a large one straight ahead) has a gaping entrance, over which are some symbols that you understand mean "Entrance" or "lobby" or somesuch. Each gate is identical. I started the map, (sorr for the continued delay) should be done soon. And, since it seems like we need another player...

Don't worry, I'll be doing fun things with it later.

Name: Hashen Kai "Wraith"

Species: Batii

Faction: Batiss Combine

Personality: Loyal, dedicated, methodical and procedural (but flexible), vicious in combat, but not unsympathetic. Honorific. Less-than-perfect psych profile, but combat record is nearly flawless.

Bio Tidbits:
Female
190cm
77.0Kg (109.0 Kg with equipment)

Equipment:
-Light power armor (custom). Vacuumproof, waterproof to 500+ meters, rebreather, water recycling system, injury control systems, emergency life support, power amplifiers, rudimentary ECM, and subspace comm system.
-90cm longsword (nanoedge, filament-heated)
-30cm combat knife
-modular multirifle, with long-range and suppressed barrels
-10mm coil pistol
-3 fragmentation grenades
-2 Lopass Void Phase grenades
-7 stimpacks
-7 MRE nutrient packs

Backstory: Born in the Shi province of the Batiss Combine just as the war began, Kai has known no peace in her lifetime. Like many of the era, she began training at an early age, and showed exceptional talent. After initial training, she was placed in advanced officer's school. In that, she excelled, but also displayed a deteriorating psychological condition that set her back several years. This gave her a chance to surpass most of the weapons masters at the academy. The war had been raging for 5 decades before she participated in real combat. Since then, she has acquired the call sign "Wraith" because of her albino coloration, wispy frame, habit of improbably surviving numerous perilous situations, and a near-legendary reputation for being something akin to a shadow of death.

Appearance: Tall with albino fur and skin coloring (white fur, light pattern, light fuchsia eyes). Wears a custom helmet painted to resemble a bare skull.

Music, art, and such:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Vibration increased to an uncomfortable quaking as the insertion craft penetrated deeper into Ember's poison atmosphere. Kai groped at the console, scouring the board for the proper sequence of controls to deactivate the high-atmosphere maneuvering thrusters and begin low-entrance protocols. She found them. A klaxon blared a fraction of a second before the pod violently decelerated, driving Kai against her harnesses. Still much faster than normal insertions, but speed was a necessity. An impact countdown timer began at the corner of the armor's helmet display. The ship continued to decelerate, straining against the thickening air. Kai felt her armor constricting her lower half as it fought to restrain the flow of blood to her legs. She gripped the armrests.

The world swam back into Kai's vision. The pod's door was teetering on the ground before the craft, smoke from the det bolts still leaking into the grey air. She unfastened her harness and stepped out of the pod, assessing the bodily damage caused by her rapid insertion. A few burst capillaries, no broken bones and no brain damage. A very successful entrance, considering the pod's heat shield was now buried almost half a meter in the planet's parched surface.

She glanced around. She was standing upon the ruins of an old bunker, or perhaps an even older research station. It had no roof, and what was left of two of the walls were leaning heavily. The ruin was around a hundred meters from the her target, the gate. She had expected a more obvious enemy presence. She was looking around when a string of projectiles disturbed some of the glassy soil near her foot. Rolling to evade the next series of bullets, she pulled her rifle from her back. She pressed herself against a wall and slid upward, scanning the landscape. There were other ruins around, some containing the fading heat sources of fresh corpses. Others had more lively inhabitants. Crouching, she thumbed the safety of her weapon to the "Off" position and fired several unsuppressed projectiles at a wall that her assailants were using for cover, then vaulted over and quickly crossed the ground between her pod and the enemies. In a single motion, she threw the rifle back over her shoulder onto its clasps on her armor and grabbed the hilt of her sword. If she had counted correctly, there were only three people behind the wall. She jumped over the low barrier, swung her sword in a downward arc, and felt it bite into a hardsuit and the flesh beneath it. As she regained her footing, she immediately withdrew the blade from the cloven enemy and jabbed at another, the neck of whom's armor was easily penetrated. The third paused, screamed and drew his sidearm. He was too far away to down with the sword. Kai drew her own sidearm and aimed it at the man's head. She hesitated. The barrel of his weapon wasn't leveled at her, but instead rested under his own bare jaw. He had removed his helmet, exposing his lungs to the air and a pair of wild eyes to Kai. An insane grimace twisted his face as he put a round through his own head. Odd.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:46 am

Sensors picked up a large object coming in. Fast. And... then it was gone. Visual confirmation would be needed, especially for that fireball coming down by the bunker she was at not minutes ago. However, the bot standing there took precedence.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:14 am

Val blinked, fuzzily trying to find the displays on the lifepod. Aloud, she muttered, "Computer, locate."

The disembodied voice replied, aggrivatingly serenely, "Planet, Ember. Ambient tempurature, two-five point three nine degrees. Local time is twenty two, thirty four, fifteen GST. Atmosphere hostile."

Shaking her head - trying and failing to clear it - she donned her mask, grabbed her weaponry and survival kit, and blew the door off. The metal panel fell to the ground, and she pulled herself clear of the pod.

Now... to find something resembling a distress beacon.

Julo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by Julo » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:31 pm

The door behind Oaghonyr was opened violently, just as he wanted to shoot his grappling hook at the top of another building.
"Arms or equivalents in the air!" a female voice shouted.
Oaghonyr knew, that he had no chance to fight against the attacker. So he said: "Understood, I will put my crossbow down now."
He slowly put the weapon down, raised his empty hands into the air and turned around. The armored person in front of him was obviously female, about 2m tall and armed with a 11mm rifle.
"I am no threat for you,"he said calmly,"I am a member of the Intergalactic Physicians and explore the city at the behest of them."
Although he could not see through the visor of the helmet, he knew that the woman was looking at him in disbelief. And he would have done the same thing in her situation. Oaghonyr was very short and looked very ancient, why would something like this work for the IP?
He tried to relax the situation. He tried to imitate a slight human smile with the glowing lines, which resembled a very small human mouth. The presumably artificial alien goddess, which was the model of his body, must have had these, so that she did not look as alien to her fosterlings, as she would have without them.
"My name is Oaghonyr, but you can call me Oa", he said.

(I did not notice that you meant me, Vinyl)
Last edited by Julo on Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suddenly, Julo.
"This DOES NOT help!"

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:35 pm

OOC: Julo, I think Amacus is there, though I may be mistaken. So you may want to respond to that first. I'll be there after to crash the party.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:17 am

My apologies for the continued map delay. I had to bury a greatuncle and help roof a house. I'll try to get it tomorrow before everyone forsakes this RP, but I have a bunch of stuff to do.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:21 pm

I have finished the map
Spoiler:
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:58 pm

Ok. So, considering that we now have a map, we should edit our posts (ALL of them) to indicate where we are/were.

Like, which entrance, for example.

Once everything's up to speed, i'm going to force location updating for every player, regardless of what cats says.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:18 am

Professor Fenway wrote:Ok. So, considering that we now have a map, we should edit our posts (ALL of them) to indicate where we are/were.

Like, which entrance, for example.

Once everything's up to speed, i'm going to force location updating for every player, regardless of what cats says.
... Okay. I'll have to make a normal-scale version of it then. Which means clicking about four times. Much too much work for three AM.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:24 am

((I'd assume North/Northwest lower-class housing))

The large object drew closer, it was only a matter of time before it would arrive. "I'd ask name and purpose, but you've already given me that. So, allow me to provide you with a traditional greeting for outsiders among my people." Semi-auto burst on, Amacus quickly pulling the trigger many times, letting off nearly 15 rounds to Oa's face.

Julo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Post by Julo » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:21 am

(Northwest Housing, I would say.)
The voice of the woman was higher than Oaghonyr expected. Although he could not say, if it was distorted or not.
"I'd ask name and purpose, but you've already given me that. So, allow me to provide you with a traditional greeting for outsiders among my people."
When this woman said this, Oaghonyr knew, that he had made a huge mistake. He had given all the information, that the woman needed. She was not like him, or anyone he usually worked with. He was her prisoner and she wanted to interrogate him. And now that he had given all the information she needed, he was only in her way. That made her next action clear. He activated his shield in the ring behind his head, but it was too late. 0.005 seconds too late. One of the bullets she fired was able to penetrate his shield, before it was completely materialized. The next one was crushed inside the field and the rest didn't penetrate it. However, the one bullet which penetrated the shield hit him right into one of his three "eyes". It hurt like nothing he ever felt before.
But there was no time, he did not know if the woman had something to crack his shield. So he kicked his crossbow into the air and caught it with precision and got back into the exact position he was in, before he was assaulted. Just half a second later the grappling hook was on it's way. 1.5 seconds later it hit the target. Oaghonyr jumped and was pulled upwards. But he was not going towards the point he had aimed before.
Suddenly, Julo.
"This DOES NOT help!"

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Post by Professor Fenway » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:32 am

OOC: K, Northwest housing for Enforcer now

Enforcer was pulled to the side as something latched onto him and reeled in. He plummeted several meters before strengthening the hover field to stay airborne. He stopped moving as Oaghonyr impacted him, and a sensor sweep found him very quickly.

He activated one of his gravity manipulators and tore Oaghonyr off of him, bringing him up in front of his gun. He paused for a minute as he analyzed him. Robotic. Strange, he'd never seen a model of his type. He was using a very primitive weapon, and was thus no threat. He disengaged the gravity manipulator, dropping Oaghonyr more than 200 meters, before turning towards Amacus, who was still on the rooftop. He felt a ping from his shield as several rounds impacted him. He activated the railgun and began firing back at Amacus.

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:42 am

It was some time after the fight with the big hover-bot,but from a little afar he was watching his fight with the another strange characters. With the scope of the sniper,he just watched the action,hidden from plain sight in the top of a old building
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Vinyl » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:24 pm

Well, that explains that. It was some sort of airborne defense drone. More were probably on their way. Her shield managed to take a hit, but just that one, the other had gone straight through her left forearm. She ran into the stairwell, taking minor hits as she ever so slightly redirected them to not be significant blows. A couple of rounds were embedded in the far thicker back plate. Putting her gun back onto its magnetic holster, and concentrated on a battle plan. Perhaps... yes! She would user her abilities to rend the opponent from the sky and make way to the inner circle upper-middle floor to upper-middle floor between buildings. Powering leg hydraulics ye again, she made a leap from the stairs, rolling across the roof a couple meters away, bullets being greatly slowed down by the field she had begun to put up - at the end of this there'd be several dents and bruises - she formed a temporary singularity, draining all of the amp's energy. Seemingly unable to counteract the immense gravity of the falling singularity, the drone fell, at least out of view. She then ran back into the building, moving through the floors, looking through them slightly, what she found was almost odd, rooms. Amacus would continue the search for an easily defended one.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:29 pm

Northwest Housing it is.

Hearing gunfire and screeching metal, she poked her head around the corner - a very much broken robot sat, radiating heat and the vague smell of hot plastic.

Hm. Time to test these bioaugments.

Glancing up, she stepped back and jumped, almost ten meters vertically. Grabbing a window ledge, she pulled herself in, sweeping the room. Seeing nothing, she checked the door - locked - and moved to the window, watching the street below.