Lux

Post yer RPs here.
cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Lux

Post by cats » Mon May 26, 2014 11:40 pm

The year is 2808. This Pangalactic War has raged for a century. Below you, the dark side of a planet ravaged by war glows with flame and weapon discharges. Tendrils of Hell, long cracks in the upper lithosphere, run along its surface. It is an eggshell breached. The atmosphere is thick with ash and toxic gasses from induced volcanic activity. Planetburners had been used to upset the planet's tectonic balance nearly a hundred years ago, obliterating nearly all natural macroscopic life on the surface. Occasional earthquakes rake its surface still, but it provides solid-enough ground to fight. Millions have. The dead don't need stable ground for their tomb.

To the combatants, the planet's name is Ember. This is where the war began.

The Strigiforme dropped the first of the bombs. Their fleets made the first move. It was they that ignited the planet's crust. Human alliances and the Taln reacted, casting their weapons against the Strigiforme's fleets. Alliances were called upon and strained, the war spread beyond Ember's system. Lines were drawn that split the galaxy and inflamed a flash keg of ancient grudges. Soon, more factions were drawn in. Several of the initial combatants fell, some human nations were completely eradicated.

You continue to stare through the keel's observation deck. A metallic gleam catches your eye through the clouds of tarry soot. A city, completely clean of the degradation of the war that racked the rest of the planet's surface, stands. You can almost feel the power that's held there. This is the object that had caused a hundred years of turmoil and death. Unwavering and immaculate, strange that something so still could be the root of such violence. The Humans call it Lux, meaning light in one of their archaic tongues. A hundred years have passed, no nation has been able to infiltrate this city. Now, it has become possible. It is predicted that it's streets will become the next battleground as factions fight for the hidden power that it holds. You've been chosen to drop, to be one of the first to make your mark on the city.

Something more sinister than the muzzle of your enemy's gun grows restless.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This RP takes place within this city, which shows no signs of ware from its million-year life. Its contents are largely unknown, only one group of researchers had entered it, that was a century ago. They made a discovery, and then the city closed its shield wall, completely impregnable. The fate of the team of researchers is unknown.

Lux itself is built around a central point and is made up of a series of concentric circles. The outermost circle has a five kilometer radius. It rests within a bowl gouged out of the planet's crust and hovers several meters from the surface of this bowl. The mechanism behind its flotation, like most other aspects of the city, is unknown.

You will drop near one of the city's entrances, where the shield has lifted. Your goal is to get inside the city and scout the area for your nation while neutralizing your nation's enemies that are also making a run inside. The conditions that you will be facing are unknown.

Items found during the RP can be found in the "Items" list. Creatures that may or may not be encountered will be found in the "Bestiary."

Rules:
-***Be creative***
-This is noncanon, AU.
-Listen to GM
-You might be killed*
-No dice, just classic RP
-Well, maybe some dice.

Application

Name:

Species:

Faction:

Personality:

Bio Tidbits: (whatever you want to include)

Equipment:

Backstory:

Appearance:

Music, art, and such: (optional)

Characters & Players
Spoiler:
Fenway: Enforcer

Daynel: Roy Andrew Johnson

Error: Valereia Korriman

Vinyl: Amacus

LS: Felix "Reaper" Denton

Julo: Oaghonyr

Grand Master Catsonmeth: Hashen Kai
Map of Lux
Spoiler:
Detail

Items
Spoiler:
Bestiary
Spoiler:
Enforcer: A type of modular drone that has been encountered within Lux. It appears to have some amount if intelligence. Its origins are unknown, but it does not look to be of Luxian make.

Shade: A bodily incarnation of the dark. Can be repressed by natural light or the light produced by the city. They can also be killed by physical trauma. Slow-moving, but attack in large numbers and posses immense strength. Shades typically spawn within enclosed spaces or anywhere that the city is not illuminated.
Last edited by cats on Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Lux

Post by cats » Sat May 31, 2014 8:57 am

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Sat May 31, 2014 10:14 am

catsonmeth wrote:Image
Sounds like WW1, alliance clusterfuck. Il join later I'm eating right now.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Tau
Admin
Affiliation:Futureville Mafia
IGN:TehPwnzor7306

Post by Tau » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:57 am

I actually think this looks pretty splendid. I can't RP worth shit, though, so yeah.

EDIT: Whoa, shit. Didn't realize how much of a bump that was. Ignore me.
Vinyl wrote:"RP" and gaming and homosexuality is what's keeping [the forum] afloat.

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:01 am

STOP STOP IT'S DEAD ALREADY

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:28 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:49 pm

THE NECRO

MY EYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:28 pm

Guys if your gonna keep necroing just join it already.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:07 pm

Name: Kr´ill "Tytos"

Species: Owl

Faction: Strigeforme

Personality: A little reclusive,totally focused on his current objectives.

Bio Tidbits:

Equipment: [Will add later]

Backstory: Unknown

Appearance:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Music, art, and such:
Spoiler:
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:09 pm

This isn't a thing, just so you know.

Stop bringing this back from the dead.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:14 pm

ACH0225 wrote:This isn't a thing, just so you know.

Stop bringing this back from the dead.

Sorry,i was thinking that was a brand new Rp
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:21 pm

There's nothing wrong with the RP, people apparently just up and decided disliking some traits of the person who made it was a legitimate basis to stage some Rosa Parks shit.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:07 pm

I feel that Tiel's summation of the circumstances under which this RP withered and died is true, but I've forgotten all of the plans I had for this RP and the writing of another is underway. If some people want to RP here, however, that's fine with me; I can GM.
— David Langford
Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Shadowcatbot » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:10 pm

I thought this was just subject to the mindless whims of futurecraft, it simply was swallowed by the lack of fucks given and fell into the void of oldness.

Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:

Solar112
Captain
Captain
IGN:Solar112

Post by Solar112 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:34 am

Actually what I believe happened is this RP started pretty much immediately after Error's Futurecraft and the Universe RP, which was more interesting in the eyes of the forum. though I could be wrong.