Where we Left Off [RP TITAN]

Post yer RPs here.
Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder
Re: Where we Left Off [RP TITAN]

Post by Error » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:02 pm

Is this the first time the Total Party Kill button didn't?

Also: the Novans would lose almost all planet and civilian stuff, but quantum barriers do reduce S. Radiation from "AI-nuke" to about "Try a restart". Quantum scrambler wave meets near-inpenetrable quantum barrier = barrier wins.

Can I suggest the FTL thing suddenly goes nuts and consequently sucks each galaxy into it's central black hole, allowing our reset to go forth?

Luna
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Luna » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:40 pm

We did it Ivan! We won! We won FC!
"The Sky is the Limit"
Commander Error wrote:"Titan" - Moves slightly quicker than a glacier, on a good day.
Prototype wrote:F-14s are just gay Tornados.
Catsonmeth wrote:Which meant every two weeks, Tuesday night was reserved for mainlining coffee and getting sensual with a keyboard

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:33 pm

OOC @ ACH: In case "undesirables" means Equestrians, you're not gonna find many. Pretty much 98% of living Equestrians in the milky way are in IC-10 at the moment. In all logs you will find, they'll be marked as "dead" or just will not be listed at all. If you mean "political opposing people" you might just carpet nuke the entire planet to be honest.

Prospect for future:

Milky Way gets effectively split between Neo-AUF and Strigiforme.
Darkstar manages to stay neutral for a while using MR psionics they were given before the NEE left to establish some MAD capabilities combined with its standing as generally neutral and general intelligence allowing them to avoid major political traps aimed at producing casa bella (learn declining in latin suckas). However, with many of the countries it has previously exported to gone, its economy starts to fall into crisis and its corporate dictatorship starts to crumble with the foundation of its power effectively gone. Soon, all that is left for the Strigiforme and NAUF to do is take over the systems when civil war breaks out. The Orion Imperium gets sucked in through its position as a UGC-member and is soon taken over and split between the Strigiforme and the NAUF as well.

In Andromeda, Novus manages to take over the rest of the galaxy, as the Andromeda SDI-members are cut off from Strigiforme reinforcements. The Ryytil and many other species soon fall under Novan rule or vassalization as it becomes the strongest power in the galaxy. As both factions soon effectively besiege each other from both sides of the gate, it becomes evident that any attempt of invasion would be futile due to single point of entry and defensive advantages.

In WLM, Hexaguth manages to stabilize their holdings once again and continues building its might. It soon gets into a similar situation with the Milky Way powers as Novus, some trade being conducted through the gates, but the concept of intergalactic war being pretty much unrealistic.

In Draco, the Tajer soon annex the Darkstar and Orion holdings disconnected from their leadership and begin establishing themselves as a galactic power.
Because Draco is much farther away than any of the other inhabited galaxies, even the Neo-AUF's jump gates cannot reach there, and they become eternally seperated from the rest of the universe.
That is, until centuries later, the Draco ARKs decide to try once again and wipe them out. (fire support form MR planet busters was pretty much key to not dieing the first time, it's really the only way any ARK was actually demaged to a relevant degree in the Draco invasion)

In IC-10, the capability of producing Prime Chaos Emeralds allows the NEE to speed up its capability of making regular chaos emeralds, growing its power exponentially. Because no one knows the NEE and Laruth are even in IC-10, the AUF will likely not connect there. Using Chaos Emerald-based superweapons, the NEE manages to crushingly defeat the local ARKs and establishes itself as a galactic superpower. Laruth drifts into NEE vassalization, getting absorbed over the course of time, as they simply can not keep up with an increasingly Chaos Emerald- powered faction in the long term. Eventually, the NEE researches into making an FTL capable of going through intergalactic space at somewhat meaningful speeds and manages to gain the capability to hook up with the Miky Way by itself, but decides against doing so and instead going isolationist to avoid the all-out genocidal war against the Strigiforme that would be the inevitable consequence of such a connection.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:35 pm

@CvN "Won" is subjective. Arguably, Strigi won this round; your species has come to the brink of annihilation, and is being wiped from all available public memory banks to be forgotten. The Stauros effect will likely propogated to your new galaxy, rendering your AI inoperable.

@Error resetting won't work; the reset will be Stauros'd and inoperable again. Additionally, your barriers can't stay up forever. This isn't a rapid-kill of everything and then it's gone, this is a flooding of the galaxy, and later the universe, of Stauros radiation for likely the next hundred million years. As for killing it entirely, there's a single breath left for it to gasp out with. Just wait a moment.

@Ivan the Strigiforme holdings in Andromeda are tenuous and unimportant. They'd be a small isolationist nodule that's too much trouble to invade. Additionally, the Ryytils aren't even in Andromeda; they're in Triangulum galaxy, which is entirely SDI. Also, the intergalactic travel is never coming back. Until the universe ends, galaxies are effectively separate.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:39 pm

:::LOCATION: UNKNOWN:::

Omega felt a familiar prescence.

Time began to flow again

"Zero..."
:::END:::

OOC: if we're going to end it. We're going to end with some goddamn style
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Style?

Collapse all known galaxies in one big crunch?

And then the universe reset.

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:02 pm

I'm gone for 6 hours and no one even considers that Hexaguthian AIs are psionic, the only AI are in ministations, ARKs, and the TTI planet, that the robots use silicon computing because psionic AIs are too expensive to mount on them, and that quantum computing is out of the question because of Stauros radiation?

Jesos frickling crust, guis.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:03 pm

Too late. Asides, it's been ruled 100% impossible to make non-Quantum AI.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:06 pm

I can't help going to school. Consult Ivan on the AI. Though technically it isn't AI, it's I in digital format.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:10 pm

Meh, I was going towards interdimensional travel so you'd all be quantum dead for thousands of years while the leftover Orions/Darkatarians/Takerians/MRians in Draco would shit off to a better place.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:21 pm

Consult Fen on the restrictions on AI.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:35 pm

Nope you all Dead. Strigiforme/NAUF punch each other for the rest of time.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:54 pm

OOC: We're going out in Style. Also, there can be no true AI unless you use quantum computers. No matter how good your silicon AI is (Henceforth referred to as SAI) it cannot have the true intelligence capabilities of a living being. It cannot account for every situation in every circumstance with every variable, it can only account for those programmed in. It can learn, but it is not really learning; just analyzing what works and what doesn't. And it will always, always be beaten b a SAI with more processing power or a quantum AI.

Example: SIA tank drone is programmed to account for all possible firing solutions given every variable, including opponent (and all values known about it), wind speed, gravity, muzzle velocity, shell, cover, etc. The opposing tank drone uses a QUA, but is otherwise identical. The QAI will quickly realize the SIA's programming routines and find a flaw in the calculations, some combination or another that it cannot account for. And the QAI will exploit that. For the first few combat rounds, they will be equal. But after a few, the QAI knows the routines of the SAI and how it analyzes the variables and what it accounts for. It will begin winning, because it has the ability to know the SAI's strategies, try new ones it cannot account for, possibly even bugs the SAI entirely.

An SAI cannot improve itself truly, only update and advance existing routines. A QAI can make new ideas and routines, take new actions, do anything it can realistically do given its experience, and learn. An SAI designed to fire a gun cannot fly a ship, for example, unless it is programmed to do so.

There is also a question of cost, size, and efficiency. Any half-decent SAI is going to take up a fair amount of space. And the more it can do, the bigger it is. A QAI is a tenth of the size and increasing capability does not require much more space, maybe a hundredth of the SAI's increase. In addition, very capable SAI's suffer from lag the larger and more capable they are. Almost instantaneous calculations become milliseconds and eventually seconds as the computations become more complex and larger, longer, and have to recall more memory. And in a battle, you can plan few calculations ahead due to constantly changing conditions; everything has to be done immediately. QAI's, operating on such small scales, do not suffer from this limitation.

Jahgrin mounted the upper bridge of the ship to view the scene outside the ship, possibly even more confused than zero was. ARK-1 lay directly ahead of them, yet it was... shadowed, smaller, as if it was evaporating into space itself. Beyond it lay only darkness, oppressive, true darkness. And suspended in animation next to ARK-1 was a massive, crimson colored ball of energy. At least, it appeared to be. It's exact visual composition was unsure, but Jahgrin knew it was pure Stauros energy.

The Xenon Hub only utilized hyperspace computing.

His surveying of the scene stopped with the slow movement becoming apparent with the ball. The sensors began screaming the shield began to lose coherence from the outside. It would resist for a while, but not long. The ball began tracking through space, towards the massive station. The shadow began to darken over ARK-1. He turned to the console and began inputting commands; he was the only person on the ship. Everything else was accomplished through AI. "Zero, i'm going to teleport you directly into ARK-1's main control room," he said, beginning to bring up the ship's various systems on the screen in front of him. Weapons targeting. Matter engines. Immortality protocol. Gravitic Denial Beam. Entropy Field. Probability Matrix Generator. And one that wasn't immediately identifiable, labeled Purification. "That's what you're here for." The floor began to vibrate as the Gravitic beam began it's firing sequence. The orb stopped accelerating.

The archway behind Zero flickered, and burst into light as it connected.

T-0

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:09 pm

As the archway powered up Zero turned to Jahgrin and nodded. As the connection established a certain unease filled the air.

Jahgrin punched the console, and the transported leaped into action, jumping Zero into the deep core of ARK-1.

::SUBROUTINE LOADED:::

:::CONFIRM?:::
>_y
:::REVELATIONS:::

At the heart of ARK-1, time began to flow again, spurred by the appearance of another sentient being. As Zero touched down systems began re-activating all over the ARK, power grids, defensive installation, subspace systems and shields started blinking online across the station. On the surface defensive turrets began frantically searching for a target that was no longer there.

Zero paced cautiously around the control centre. This area had been locked off to everything ever since the first outbreak of Virus-X, when Alpha disappeared an entire section of the ARK shut itself off for good. Theta and Omega had attempted many times to gain access, but all to no avail. Zero sensed another entity close by, but could not identify it.

"Who is there?" Zero asked

"In all my life, I never imagined it would all go down like this" a voice rang out, unknown to Zero. "I always imagined I would be fighting alongside my brothers until the end of time. Fighting the unknown enemy, searching for the great truths, wandering the vast universe... But apparently not. Instead I'm stuck down here, with my brethren dead, fighting a known and virtually godlike enemy, and with my noble cause diminished to a sheer struggle to survive,"

"Who is that?" Zero asked

"I must be getting ahead of myself. I was never one for formalities. Did Omega ever talk about me? Surely he told you about his little brother Alpha" The voice replied

"Alpha... Omega told me Alpha was killed a long time ago. Zero stated

"Hahaha, well sorry to disappoint you Commander Zero, but reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated. Not that it matters anymore, we'll be dead in a few minutes anyway"

A panel in the walk behind Zero lifted out and slid away. Behind it was a single old Mk VII engineering rig. The marking on it appeared to be unique, and further inspection revealed that the unit had been heavily modified in the past.

For the first time in centuries, Alpha's eyes flickered into life.
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:12 am

BTW in the next RP can we just let it blow up on its own ? Without op third parties ?
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN