Post yer RPs here.
Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_
Re: Where we Left Off[RP SUPER-THREADNOUGHT]

Post by Shadowcatbot » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:25 am

MR cannot read, Page 120, top. And it's not like the fleet was doing anything.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

DeadlyMiddie
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:The Orion Imperium

Post by DeadlyMiddie » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:05 pm

The Orion Imperium has massed all the fleets and stands ready to fight the D-ARK. Imperator Tellaeya has been evacuated to Triangulum for the time being.

OOC: If and when the D-ARK jumps in, my fleets are going to attack it instantly with everything. HADES ARROWS (fleet-killers), ship's weapons, etc. If it gets to bad, I'm using the ARCHANGEL system (AKA what fucked the NeoRoman planet and made Cyrania go bye-bye). I might not be online when these events happen. Just keep them in mind, Fen.
Lead Me, Follow Me, or Get Out of My Way- General George S. Patton Jr.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:49 pm

Shadowcat wrote:MR cannot read, Page 120, top. And it's not like the fleet was doing anything.
I apologize, on further research, it appears that all was 100% legit.
I should really up my fleet numbers.

@ACH
Spoiler:
really? you won in litterally anything there was to win ever without loosing anything vital, but when YOUR capital gets its turn to be under direct threat you do a ragequit?
It's not like you're the forst to have their core planets attacked by a plot Device. Remember when Chaos (The thing inside the D-ARK, also known for the Paradox Crisis) almost collided Equestria into another planet and I had to use a planet buster on that other planet to save everyone? Remember when the Virus crippled everyone's infrastructure, except the Strigiforme didn't rely on computers so much that it really was a serious threat to civilian life in general? Not to mention that in litterally any war ever, the only civilian settlements of yours that ever were successfully bombarded in any way were those located in systems you had previously taken form others, there could not have been many people there because you didn't even have time to build much infrastructure. Besides, the people there very well knew they were living in contested space. As for the only exception, the ringworld, putting civilian settlements on a planet buster does not stop people from considering it a high-level strategic target.

This roleplay is about the struggles of handleing a sci-fi nation in a macropolitical environment with outside influences. Most of us had times when our factions were major political powers and most of us have lost that power again at some point. Like anyone else, the Strigiforme are not a constant. While they may survive for millenia to come, they will not always have maximum success. But if you don't want the struggles that litterally everyone else is getting and you think that you can play infinetely in your "lol strigiforme stronk"-playstyle without it ever coming back to you, then please, do us a favor and make the Strigiforme an NPC-faction, controlled by Fenway.
I know you'd propably like to restore the glory of the ancient Strigiforme era of old and I understand and accept that, because I've tried to become ruler of the galaxy once myself, but unless you accept setbacks, at some point the universe (AKA NPC stuff controlled by GM) will cause that very setback. Otherwise the roleplay would just be one thing: unfair.
If you want, you can make your own roleplay and post a rule that defeating the Strigiforme is impossible due to the laws of the universe, but otherwise I highly doubt you can get what you are trying to accomplish here. Or at least what it looks like you're trying to do.

I know, I ranted a lot, but I wanted to have an argument against any reasoning you might have had. I would prefer you to keep leading the Strigiforme, and I hope you change your mind on leaving, as from OOC sources I know that it is indeed very likely that the D-ARK will appear in the Cuuyth-system. But threatening people with ragequit makes you look like... well... honestly it makes you look like a little child throwing a tantrum at the kindergarten because other children also want to play with the toys.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:UTN

Post by Iv121 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:35 pm

Oh I get a sneak peak into this thread and guess what ? I get the perfect proof why you need to go at least somewhat into stats, good luck Ivan !

Note I never claimed you need to go uber crazy stats with weird equations and stuff, but you can do basic 1+1 to at least keep track of your fleets, even the most basic D&Ds got stat sheets ...
They're watching ... Image

"I am forbidden tag" -CvN

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:39 pm

Iv.

Numbers just reduce this to a text-based 4X.

This is a collective storywriting effort. If you disapprove, you may start a numbers RP; here, we balance thing out via mutual agreememt and GM.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:40 pm

Hence get a look at the recent few posts, even more good luck for you now Ivan ! The irony xD .

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:49 pm

I like how you mentioned D&D there, Iv.
Because that's exactly what we don't want the RP to be like.
Can we go back to story now or something?
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:59 pm

hah-hah-hah no. Iv, if you do not want to contribute to the RP, kindly leave. Take your *ahem* opinions to another thread.

-BIC-

With a roar, D-ARK reverted back into realspace. Thousands upon thousands of Strigiforme ships, once protecting the vital planet, were suddenly knocked offline as the massive wave of radiation and subspace ripples killed the operators. D-ARK completely surrounded the system, the 5 AU behemoth enveloping the four planets, the star, the asteroid belts. Gyyges.

The super-shield went up over the planet almost immediately, a bid to protect the vital Strigiforme research facilities and technology on the planet. Chaos laughed at this, and extended three of his vile, space-distorting, pitch black tentacles towards the planet. The star fell into the nebula and vanished from existence, falling into the inter-dimensional void of Chaos. He wrapped Gyyges in his tentacles and dragged the planet towards him, shield and all, and it fell into the dimensional void where Chaos would wear it down, and eventually consume it.

D-ARK, meanwhile, was now fending off the combined assault of millions of Strigiforme ships, pouring in from the nearby systems. But they were in vain; the shields absorbed every piece of weapons fire, leaving D-ARK free to cut swaths through the ships.

Chaos was surprised when the Ringworld projectile- and everything else, for that matter- appeared from nowhere.

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:02 pm

Well since when do we refer to ourselves as "we" ? You know mate I cant deny its popular here but you can't deny the ones with stats were less successful, all of them died due to external reasons just like this one will end up, this can lead us to either one of two conclusions: Either you like both which is contrary to what "we" wrote above or you don't like the RPs themselves but rather something else in them which still breaks your point. If you think D&D is not story based go watch teh new Yogsquest, ppl might hate the yogscast for various reasons but they can't deny that series such as this got their charm, and it got Sips in it so Im on board for that !

BTw if you ask myself what is the point in those posts of mine it is that you are prejudiced towards numbers.

And finally please stop trying to shut me up, we all know it will enver be discussed otherwise.

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:04 pm

Iv, if you want to discuss the "Normal vs. Numbers RPs", make a new thread; this is for the current ERP, not for your criticisms and opinions.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:12 pm

@Ivan
Spoiler:
Ok, I haven't lost much. Aside from all the ships I lose in all my frequent wars. And the habitation of a bunch of my planets due to long range weapons. And them during the Virus, which was retconnend afaik, the mass infrastructural and population loss. It's not like anyone ever attacks back in a war, after all. That's why I don't suffer losses; nobody counterattacks. Had you counterattacked me during the Strigo-Novan, or Vinyl when I attacked him, it would have significantly affected the course of the war. When the AUF and Novans attacked, they were successful everywhere except Cuuyth.

On your other points, the Strigiforme are stronk for a reason; other than the Imperium war, other factions do not fight among themselves. The past few wars have been all Strig. When someone else fights, the Strig will become weaker, maybe, but not when nobody else is fighting.

It's not like I am saying that if the D-ARK attacks anywhere in the Strig I will quit, I'm saying that if D-ARK destroys Cuuyth, I'll do something. It can destroy the Ringworld, or Stauros(though Stauros has another trick), or any number of other worlds. I'd be fine with those. Should the D-ARK attack Cuuyth system, I'll throw that gate full of Virus at it, because the only thing the Strig found when testing it was that it was invulnerable
@Fen what system is this? And why are there so many Strig ships?
Last edited by ACH0225 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Iv121
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Iv121 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:13 pm

Fine Ill make this thread tomorrow, I will repost every single argument you made here and I repost my counter arguments and we will see how you respond, I already know the outcome though, I will let you enjoy the benefit of the doubt though and decide based on your actions whether or not I consider you hypocrites who practically monopolized the RP section.

Why monopolize ? Because even if I start such RP so long this one runs or unless ppl agree to use both all the countless hours I will put into it will go to waste,
why hypocrite ? Because you claim that "we" don't like those RPs even though they had crazy success, you claim "we" don't want numbers while "we" actually use them, that’s the way human beings evaluate stuff subconsciously like it or not.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:19 pm

@ACH I'm fairly confident it's the Cuuyth system where the D-ARK has teleported, because that would explain why Fenway just said "the system" because it has already been noted that the Cuuyth system may be a target.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

Prototype
Developer
Affiliation:NSCD
IGN:Currently:Small_Bear

Post by Prototype » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 pm

The moment D-ARK jumped the NSCD fleet left to regroup at ARK-1. They would need to know it's location almost immediately. Omega was doubtful as to whether they could stop the thing, but they would be forced to throw everything they had at it.

:::ORDERS TO ARK-1:::
>_Prepare station for sunspace jump, location currently undecided
>_Initiate activation sequences for RAGNAROK
>_Ready all devil launch tubes
>_Defence network to be brought to full alert
>_Prepare sunspace deflection fields
:::END:::

This was the fight Omega had waited for his entire life, the fight Alpha had started all those centuries ago, it was only fitting that Omega would be the one to finish it. They were not going to hold anything back. If Omega had to sacrifice the NSCD to destroy this threat, he would do it in a pinch. They were going to throw the biggest damn thing they could at Chaos, D-ARK might be powerful, but ARK-1 shall not go down without a fight.

Omega stood motionless in the bridge of the Archetype, still in a state of disbelief over the situation. He had always imagined fighting this battle the same way he had the first, side by side with his brothers, a small resistance against an overwhelming force. They had sacrificed a lot in the fight against PRIME-1, but they had gone against all odds and survived. Omega was almost sad he wasn't facing this with his brothers, but at the same time he felt raw fury flowing through him, something he had never experienced before. He'd fought too hard to let everything get torn apart by some overblown space kraken. He'd already overthrown an ARK with his brothers. He'd already defeated Virus-X, which had claimed the life of Alpha and the mind of Theta. He'd fought the PRIME series and resurrected a powerful extinct alien race. He was not about to let this defeat him.

Something pinged on the sensors, D-ARK had arrived somewhere over Gyyges. He wasn't going to sit around and wait to die, they would take the fight right up to Chaos.

Omega open up a broadcast, to all regions of the Galaxy.

:::TRANSMISSION BEGIN:::
Attention Chaos

I am Commander Omega of the NSCD, controller of ARK-1. Slayer of PRIME-1, survivor of Virus-X, bane of the ARKs.

This galaxy is ours, I will not allow you to advance any further into it.

We've fought too hard and too long to simply let some bastard space kraken to waltz in and oust us. I'll make you regret the moment you decide to step foot here. And I'm not alone, I can tell you that there isn't a single damn living thing happy to let you crush everything, and I can tell you that they are going to damn well put up a fight.

Your incursion will end here. And we're going to ensure that, because there is not a bloody thing left in this Galaxy that isn't trying to kill you now, and you better damn well not underestimate us, WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!

And with that, Omega slammed his fists into the ground, unleashing a bellow reserved for only the most tick off of Lamentors.

:::ARK-1:::
>_Subspace systems charged, awaiting order
Spoiler:
Mistake Not... wrote: This isn't rocket science, *!

Spoiler:

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:00 pm

OOC:

First,Tajer cannot assume command of my ships "stranded" on Draco. The Wolfguard was created for this,anyway.
Second,they are not stranded. Meta-stuff.
Third, i could have all this ships if i have an entire galactic cluster full of resources,and most of then are militia trained from population,cloning,stuff like that. Who cares? we are doomed anyway.

--------

Milky-way side?

Assets [Ships,resources,personel] are being moved to help close allies [Orion Imperium,Strigiforme and the Tajer] with the matters at hand.

The Exploratory Battlegroup is being assigned to help the Orion Imperium command,and the Halcyon Battlegroup is being assigned to help the Strigiforme.
The Vanguard,as it is called the "daredevils" [newly trained officers wanting to prove their worth in combat] is being assigned to help the Tajer.

RED ALERT is issued on all systems,and ship production is on-going to create at least 8 Fast-response flootilas to help with "border patrol".
-----------------
Draco side?

The "siege" is taking much time. The enemy ships,while appear to be old,are fighting very well - the Darkstar advanced technology in weaponry and engines is keeping it a fair fight. The long range MDEs were deployed against 2 of the ARKs. Data is inconclusive,but [Worst case,they are both heavily damaged. Best case? both wiped out,wich i doubt].

OOC: You can call Gmodding,bs,i dont know how it is called on that. But keep in mind that is something like USA employing their entire nuke arsenal on something.
-----------------
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA