Where we Left Off [RP TITAN]

Post yer RPs here.
Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder
Re: Where we Left Off[RP SUPER-THREADNOUGHT]

Post by Error » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:33 am

Analogous to an interstellar, more accurate and less destructive Novalith cannon.

And ACH, the first mention of Aiigaiion 2-3 pages ago was "enter Hex spce under shield", so really, that's either and asspull or retcon... which strikes me as Bad. I'mma petition for Fenway to come in here and figure that out.

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:52 am

Yeah, you said the shields were up.
If you now say they were down, Vinyl gets to travel back in time and shoot it.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:27 am

Forum wrote:Analogous to an interstellar, more accurate and less destructive Novalith cannon.

And ACH, the first mention of Aiigaiion 2-3 pages ago was "enter Hex spce under shield", so really, that's either and asspull or retcon... which strikes me as Bad. I'mma petition for Fenway to come in here and figure that out.
http://fc-mod.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1240&start=1515

They reached world, beat the shit out of them, and are now moving on to the next one.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Error

Post by Error » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:52 am

AFAIK Vinyl said previously that if the supershield dropped, you'd get a bunch of T/S warheads fired on Aiigaiion.

So you got shot at by rather powerful bombs.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:09 am

No, the shield dropped then a page after that Vinyl said that. I am thinking that the battle would be over before Vinyl's post, which would mean the Aiigaiion would have to reach the next planet to be hit.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:45 am

I think Vinyl mentioned that the Hexalani fleet would fire the T/S warheads as soon as the shield dropped well before that tho.
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:01 am

No, ACH, you are pulling the same "Owls are Stronk" bullshit that you pull every time. Yes, Vinyl did not say that she would fire before you said shields are down, but she did say it BEFORE you said shields were raised again. So yes, multiple Tachyon-Subspace warheads (Which are planet-destroying capability, might I add) HAVE been fired at Aiigaiion.

Second, Vinyl's fleets are not 'going back' as you said; they're circling around. It's relatively easy to run circles around fleets and come from any direction due to FTL: he can definitely get to your garrisons without running into your front lines.

Third, sure, you are deploying a lot of ground forces, but you're forgetting that Hexalan have an ENORMOUS advantage on their worlds. They're entrenched. They have countless defenses. They know the geography and the land. And they can see you coming. Remember that the defender always has an advantage, and you're fighting an enemy not afraid to use everything they've got. They will throw nukes, chemical weapons. They will move around in the underground network of bunkers and pop up where you least expect them. They will engage in endless sabotage and deceit, attacking where you're not.

Remember when we had so much trouble removing a 'cult' from a world, especially given Strigiforme assistance? This is Bunker Invasion Part 2: Electric Boogaloo, AND you have just about every nation giving them weapons and equipment too. It's a *. There's no steamrolling this invasion, ACH.

CORRECTED POST:

The Strigiforme forces have engaged in a drawn out, expensive ground war against the Hexalan armies. The bunkers are too entrenched, heavily fortified, and deep to remove via orbital strike; ground conflict is essential to remove them and take the world. Meanwhile, the fleet above is taking constant, heavy fire from multiple orbital-defense positions on the world itself. Losses are mounting.

DeadlyMiddie
Ensign
Ensign
Affiliation:The Orion Imperium

Post by DeadlyMiddie » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:31 am

//TRANSMISSION TO STRIGIFORME NATIONALIZED KINGDOM//
We are sending an ambassador to view your ringworld.
We are also sending sensitive information with this message (Check your inbox, ACH).
//END//

The Imperial Military has been put onto alert level 8.
Lead Me, Follow Me, or Get Out of My Way- General George S. Patton Jr.

Error

Post by Error » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:46 am

[Meta]Prowlers - specifically, Damien, Apocrypha, Infernus, and Observer - have been sent into Hexalani territory to observe the Strigiforme offensive and deploy passive observation probes. Each ship carries T/S and ground-strike tac-nukes instead of their normal payload.[/meta]

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:21 pm

Ehmkay, Fen.

Strigiforme reinforcements have engaged the flanking Hexalani forces over several conquered worlds. These reinforcements, while primarily are thousands of troopships and light carriers, also include several newly produced battlefleets which will hopefully drive off the Hexalani and secure the rear, preventing the frontlines from being surrounded. Strigiforme ground forces have produced some results, disabling anti-space weapons on several worlds.

The Strigiforme have begun production on newer Yttrium warheads with larger yields to act as a counter to the enemy Tachyon-Subspace warheads. Ship production in Strigiforme space has reached its apex rate, with ships being turned out from every month to every 3 months depending on size.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:24 pm

Frankly I'm just wondering how many pieces the Aiigaiion is in right now.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:27 pm

I don't know how long the T/S warheads take to get there. Is it a bomber? I mean, you don't even have any super weapons or methods to deploy it, right?
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:33 pm

ACH0225 wrote:I don't know how long the T/S warheads take to get there. Is it a bomber? I mean, you don't even have any super weapons or methods to deploy it, right?
Well, if you mount them on rockets that are then stuffed into the largest MACs around, that already has them on a pretty good trip, but then also through wormholes, I gotta think they'd be rather timely.
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Error

Post by Error » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:43 pm

Likely less than 15 seconds from gun throuh wormhole to target.

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:43 pm

Well, considering the gravitational effects of a wormhole near an inhabited system, it might take a while.

The Strigiforme have sent a message encoded in a special high frequency burst at the world of Menya, to the cultists who have been producing weapons on Strigiforme blueprints in a bunker deep in the crust. They have begun to exit the bunker in secret, moving among the populace, converting and making ready to take over once again.
mfw brony images
Spoiler: