((Reasonable isn't a number.))

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Re: Where we Left Off

Post by Ivan2006 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:03 pm

Solar112 wrote:((Reasonable isn't a number.))
((that's the point))
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Solar112
Captain
Captain
IGN:Solar112

Post by Solar112 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:03 pm

((I'm aware of that.))

Professor Fenway
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
Affiliation:Novus Roma

Post by Professor Fenway » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:56 pm

Solar this is NOT a numbers game. I don't know why you continue to insist that it is. It's about the story.

//AUF News//
After careful consideration, the AUF has decided to join the GSI and become a full member. Randall supported the decision, but reminded us that, "The SDI is still an option."

Three scout ships sent to explore the nebula the Aurora was found in have vanished without a trace. Scientific experts have theorized the presence of a stable wormhole within the nebula, linking NGC 1300 to us. A full military lockdown of the nebula has been ordered, and defensive platforms, stations, minefields, and large-scale shield systems are being installed around the nebula to prevent an incursion.

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:57 pm

Fine.

Jade begins on hypothesising a 30% efficient ME converter.

15%

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:05 pm

The AUF is welcomed in the GSI, and will be provided both economic and military assistance, should they ask for or require it.

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:07 pm

and EAS.02: 0%
EAS.03: 0%
EAS.04: 0%

SY.01: 88% (Frigate Factory)
SY.02: 0% (Frigate Factory)

because I forgot that bit

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:20 am

Calion almost complete.
Spoiler:
[IMAGE PENDING - BUSY NOW ]

Name: V9- Astaroth
Class: Light Fighter / Interceptor
Engine: "Tesla Drive "

Weapons: 2x pulse Xaser guns , 1x Nanite missile fabricator

The Astaroth is a small,nimble,agile and fast light fighter. Lightly armed with a pair of fast "repeater" guns to shred targets ,it is versatile in interceptin and dogfighting duties. Optimized to operate from carriers,it can be carried in large numbers
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:41 pm

ME converter: 30%

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:48 pm

ooc: COME ON GUYS,DONT LET IT DIE!! I WANT PLOT TWISTS
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:52 pm

The Strigiforme Council has approved numerous new increases in the military budget, utilizing profits from trade routes recenty established with other empires. The ringworld, which was recently announced, has had considerable progress made on it. It will have the capability to support almost a trillion Strigiforme, if not more. Additionally, it will serve as a new line of defence against any who would attack the Strigiforme, having a large defence fleet, and the outer edge of the ringworld being devoted to shipyards and antiship weaponry. The ringworld is expected to be a long term project, and will likely not be remotely finished for a long while.

Strigiforme construct- 97% complete

Soon, friend.
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:03 pm

((What are you building?))

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:09 pm

The rattling of atmospheric entry ceased as the shuttle began the final approach to the vast megastructure.
"You mind reminding me how big Manufactorum Primaris is again?"
"This is just a drydock, Primaris covers almost the whole planet."
"Mind reminding me how we managed such a project?"
"Let's just say that there's a couple less asteroid belts in the Expanse than there used to be."
"How often do we even use these things anymore?"
"You saying we aren't?"
"What the hell are you talking about?" The officer shrugged, offering no hint about the ghost town Primaris and most the other manufactorums seem to be. "Well, if they are in use, why's this thing empty, huh?"
"Have you stopped to consider that maybe not all work is carried out on the surface?"
"I repeat, what the hell are you talking about?"
Looking down, he sighed, then resumed eye contact. "You'll see soon enough... sir. Look, we're almost on the ground," the landing gear gave a metallic thud as they came to rest on scratched orange markings laid about on the dark matte grey platform, "If you'd follow me." The Lord of Admirals nodded, standing up just after him, and exiting at nearly the same time, the pair only differentiable by their bodies and a medal he did not have.
"I'd prefer you not call me sir." She spoke, trailing only a step behind. Both stopped in front of the door.
"We both know I can't do that unless you make it an order." He sounded almost impatient as the authenticator took its time to process their credentials. A heavily distorted voice came out of the speaker, but what it said was clear, "Access granted. Welcome to Manufactorum Primaris." The heavy door hissed open as it slid inwards on a vertical axis. It was very much unlike any other door the common person found nowadays, as most slid into the walls or floor or ceiling. They entered, heading straight for an elevator. "This'll take us straight down. I advise you hold tightly onto something."
Unnoticeable, her grip on the bar she leaned increased greatly, however it was not suitable for the very sudden jolt, her feet lifting off of the flooring for a moment.
"Just why, may I ask, did I have to come here?"
"Because I thought you'd like to see it for yourself."
"And why haven't I been told what I'll ultimately be responsible for is?"
"It's a surprise. I thought you liked surprises."
"I do, just not ones that could get me prematurely replaced."
He simply nodded. They arrived at the bottom floor. "So how far down are we?"
"Far enough," he led her to another door at the end of the corridor, lit only by various terminals and monitors strewn across the wall, casting about a vaguely blue light. This door hissed upwards, into a wall stretching that could only be guessed to be the height of the elevator, extending downwards as well, disappearing into darkness below. The walls stretched across a vast distance in a circular design that could only barely be visible. In the middle of the massive room was a very incomplete, understandable due to the massive size, ring.
"So... what've the labs cooked up this time?"
"It's actually a very ancient design, we recovered the plans from an Orgonatic installation. Here," a monitor slid across the railing to them, folding out to reveal a schematic for a spheroid massive in scale, almost the size of a planet. "This here is only a hemisphere of a scaled down version, there are 13 other hemispheres under construction across the Expanses. The design itself is not Orgonati, the architecture and building techniques are far more advanced than anything they could think of, what our guys down at the lab, and what seem to be the guys down at our ancestors labs, are and were working on was where these plans came from. Originally, it was being sent from an unknown and now long gone broadcast beacon, and was intercepted by an Orgonti scouting party. The transmission was only being sent in a very localized area, contained no higher or lower than roughly 100 klicks above a barren ice moon. We only started construction a few months ago, and from the look of things we'll still be building it, for, well, let's just call it a long time."
"Can't we just work off of their unfinished super-stations?"
"Normally we would, especially for something like this, but from time stamps on their files, they didn't have theirs hands on the designs all too long before their revolution."
"I... see. Have we been able to find out who it is from in the meantime?"
"Not yet, but some of them want to get theirs hands on some ARK station scans, see if it matches any patterns of them, and personally, I'm starting to think maybe they're right, but, the problem is, we can't ask any of the other nations for data because what are we gonna tell them? That we need them for our latest blackbudget project? And, before you say it, we only know where ARK-1 is, and I'd rather not risk upsetting it."
She nodded, his points were valid.
"So what do you propose we do about this then?"
"To be honest, that's why I brought you here."
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:11 pm

Solar112 wrote:((What are you building?))
That's for him to know and you to find out when the time is right.

Anyway, just going to jump ship on the subplot I wanted to start because no time.

tl;dr version: military transport explodes into a pulse that temporarily scrambles Novan sensors while Taln forces evacuate the area with what they came for in tow.

Strigiforme & Novan ambassadors are invited in but are warned that they may never return.

After assessing the military strength of the galaxy, massive military production begins to supplant the already respectably sized navy. One can only imagine what for.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:45 pm

EAS.02: 38%
EAS.03: 0%
EAS.04: 0%

SY.01: 100% (Frigate Factory)
SY.02: 0% (Frigate Factory)

The frigate factories estimated additional parallelisation is estimated to add an additional 6% per day onto the construction rate of additional frigate factories. and 4% to EAS. It is estimated that about 2 frigate sized ships or buildings per day will be able to be constructed. the frigate factories have been renamed to FF.00, FF.01, and FF.02 respectively.

Jade begins calculating what is effectively a shotgun for ships based on the cannon for the annihilator class frigates from the Solar Stratocracy. Instead of use on planets it will be used against ships. Calculation rate for the ME converter has decreased to 5% per day.

Shotgun: 25%