Futurecraft and the Universe

Post yer RPs here.
Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder
Re: Futurecraft and the Universe

Post by Error » Sat May 24, 2014 7:22 pm

As the ship settled into place around him, Markus checked the DRADIS board. Muttering a curse, he stared at the blip representing Sagittarius.

"Try to find us a hangar bay for the shuttles... or a docking point for us, please." ordered the commander. The helmsman nodded as they approached the bow ofmthe titanic city-ship.

"Sir... large hangar to stardboard of the ship, with the doors open. Unless DRADIS is lying, we could land the Ajax in there."

"Do so, if possible. And send our IFF/ID to the ship."

- - -

Val glanced out the door, noting a small shape in the distance.

"Hold on a sec," she called to Solari. Watching, the gree splotch resolved itself into the winged predatory shape of a Novan frigate.

Val glanced about in disbelief. "They're landing in here? With that?"

Solar112
Captain
Captain
IGN:Solar112

Post by Solar112 » Sat May 24, 2014 7:27 pm

Staring blankly at the frigate, solari turned to Val. "Are they insane?!"

---------
Several bursts of white light arrived, just about 10 kilometers above the Ajax, the last to arrive is the Solari Dreadnought, Corona. Of course it's weapons were ready to fire as they were unsure of the safety of the system. The Corona was of comparable size to he Sagittarius, but was noticeably shorter, and had much more height, and width to it.

Error

Post by Error » Sat May 24, 2014 7:31 pm

"DRADIS contacts. One dreadnought signature, several smaller. Wait... IFF reports Solari ships."

Markus sighed in relief. "Helmsman, may I? I've not flown a frigate in some time."

The helmsman stood aside, and Markus took the seat, guiding the frigate in with gentle nudges from her RCS system.

- - -
Val watched in surprise as the 120 meter vessel drifted gently into the hangar, deploying landing gear and settling to the deck. Excitedly, she ran over to the railing, waving down towards the mass of titanium below.

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Sat May 24, 2014 7:36 pm

"Well if they're going to show off, so am I." Solari said pressing a button on the side of his headlump armour, opening a comms link to the corona Paladin Helios. Position the Corona as close to Sagittarius as possible, and open the Port hangar bay."
"Yes sir."
Last edited by Solar112 on Sat May 24, 2014 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Error

Post by Error » Sat May 24, 2014 7:42 pm

From the underside of the frigate a ramp descended, with several infantry descending. Sweeping the room, they lowered their weapons as the NCO spoke into her headset.

Val descended to the hangar floor as the commander and her father came down the ramp, running exoctedly towards them. Jumping at him, she hugged him, recieving a squeeze in return.

Setting her down, Mark glanced around. "Two things, but first, are you alright?" he inquired, looking down at his daughter. Getting a nod, he continued, "Zero, how did you get here? And one, where is here?"

Val hopped up, clinging to his back. "Zero, no clue. None of us have. One, some sort of ancient starship. With a sightly... off... AI. Oh, and, dad, this is Solari." she said, indicating the armoured being standing on the catwalk above them.

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Sat May 24, 2014 7:52 pm

Solari jumped from the catwalk after untying the rope from his waist then walked over to the Ajax and said hi to the crew that were outside it. turning to the hangar door he looked at the dreadnought that was now coming very close to contact with the ship.

Error

Post by Error » Sat May 24, 2014 8:01 pm

Markus turned, spotting the massive dreadnought outside.

"I hope they're not staying there. We do have to leave, you know." he commented. Raising and eyebrow, he lowered his voice. "Any I note you lost your shhrt. Again. That becoming habit-forming?" he asked over his shouler.

Val, mock affronted, pulled herself up and glared at her father. "I'll have you know I could go get my shirt at any time. I just choose not to."

Shaking his head, he turned to the NCO. "Sergeant, go inform the CIC we'll be departing within the hour. Oh, and possibly track down a unifrm for Valerie."

"Sir." the sergeant responded, casting an appreciative glance at Val as she turned and headed back into the ship.

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Sat May 24, 2014 8:06 pm

A shudder ran through the ship as the dreadnought made an impact on the ship. "Well it looks like it's time for me to go. Bye Valerie." Solari said as he prepared a run up to the hangar door.

Error

Post by Error » Sat May 24, 2014 8:12 pm

"Uh... bye? Wait, what are you..." she trailed off as Solari ran towards the door.

Markus coughed. "He seems... quite a lad. It's possible you can... spend some time... with him in the future." he said quietly. This eqrned him a smack upside the head.

"Thank you, Valereia." he said, rubbing his ear. "But you've no reason to blush so hard. Seriosuly, I can feel the heat from here."

Val just buried her face in his shoulder with a groan.

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Sat May 24, 2014 8:19 pm

At each step a massive dent was left in the floor of the hangar bay. on his last stride he kicked off the edge of the ship, giving him some extra velocity. After a few seconds of drifting he realised he was going to miss the airlock by a few meters to the left. he aimed his gun to the left, then fired. pushing him to the right. another few minutes of drifting he then smacked into the ship, above the airlock. AFter recovering from hitting the dreadnought, he climbed down into the airlock, and waved to Valerie, and the Ajax.

Error

Post by Error » Sat May 24, 2014 8:26 pm

Dropping his recently-acquired binoculars, Markus nodded in the direction of Solari.

The Novans boarded their frigate, thrusters firing and landing gear retracted, heading out into space.

Ships of all manner approached the city-ship, retrieving their lost people and taking time to admire the vessel.

As the final ship cast off and headed into space, the massive city-ship shuddered. Fire flashed along her length, hull splitting, and with final - almost resigned - explosion, Sagittarius shattered, throwing debris and fire in all directions.

///
And the end. This may be the first time an RP actually ended with a story, instead of just grinding to a halt.

There will, however, be another, similar RP in the future. Plans are being drawn up, plots discussed. Stay tuned, and stay shiny.

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Sat May 24, 2014 8:59 pm

Are you people just fully integrated into the forums now or do you have to eat and sleep and stuff?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Vinyl
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:Hexalan
IGN:PCaptainRexK

Post by Vinyl » Sat May 24, 2014 9:13 pm

I... you sure you people haven't been digitized yet?
cats wrote:I literally cannot be wrong about this fictional universe

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225

Post by ACH0225 » Sat May 24, 2014 9:25 pm

Futurecraft and the Universe: Strigiforme After

"Commander Strigiforme, I don't think this is a good idea."

Strigiforme chuckled, holding a very thin-shelled, fruit preserve filled pastry in one talon, watching Leader in the distance. The other owl, marked by the dye on his wingtips as a Coyr, the lowest ranked military owl, looked very uneasy.

"Commander, why are you doing this?!"

"Because, dear Coyr Pyytl, Leader has always, eternally been my foe. Throughout the ages, our battle has known no end! Now, my final victory has arrived!"

Strigiforme began cackling, and Pyytl let out a light whimper. Strigiforme leaned backwards with his wings in front of him, almost to falling, and cocked back the leg holding the pastry. He then snapped back his wings, and threw the pastry. The delicious, hand baked fruit weapon hurtled towards the unaware Leader.

Then, Leader moved aside, and the pastry hit nothing but air. Leader then leaned backwards, revealing that in his talon was a thin rubber balloon, bulging with yellow paint.

"Oh no... I should have expected this. He was always too clever..."

Pyytl was beyond words now; he had been just cleaning his rifle when Strigiforme, progenitor of his species, grabbed him. He hadn't asked for this.

Leader then threw the balloon, and in the split second it was flying towards the pair, Strigiforme did the only thing he could; he grabbed Pyytl, and use him as a body shield from the probably lead-laced paint projectile.

And that's how Coyr Pyytl got several promotions out of pity
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Oblivion
Cadet
Cadet
IGN:Appelsylt

Post by Oblivion » Sun May 25, 2014 12:37 am

OOC(not that i have one): Tell me there will be a Paintball fight
*reading,writing,chatting,playing and levitating simultanously*

This sig is not even funny!