Futurecraft and the Universe

Post yer RPs here.
Solar112
Captain
Captain
IGN:Solar112
Re: Futurecraft and the Universe

Post by Solar112 » Sat May 24, 2014 6:19 pm

Solari followed val, down the central hallway, for the next few hundred meters, until they came to a turn leading to another wide hallway, gesturing towards it solari said, "this should be the way to it."

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Sat May 24, 2014 6:22 pm

Looking into the room, she paused.

"Sagittarius, relay to Zuguth, please: Good news, we found a hangar. Bad news, no shuttles."

Spotting a support beam, she scampered up it, looking about. Calling down to Solari, "Nothing," she sat on a ceiling beam and contemplated the far wall, deep in thought.

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Sat May 24, 2014 6:27 pm

"I see. I'll go check on the other one." Solari rushed down the hallway, leaving dents in it. Upon going through the airlocks present in the hallway leading to the nacelle, Solari checked the hangar for shuttles, but none were present. Rushing back down the hall leaving dents. he called to val, "No shuttles in the other one either."

Error

Post by Error » Sat May 24, 2014 6:28 pm

"Didn't think so... well, we tried."

Laying down on the beam, she flicked her tail idly.

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Sat May 24, 2014 6:31 pm

Solari just sorta let himself fall down against the wall. pondering for a few seconds, he got up and shouted to val "Hey is there any rope or anything I can tie to me, there's something I want to try"

Error

Post by Error » Sat May 24, 2014 6:33 pm

"Uhm... not aure. Try the storage lockers in the crew quarters, maybe? Armory? I don't have any here..."

Frowning, she paused and looked down.

"Why?"

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Sat May 24, 2014 6:35 pm

"I was going to try to propel myself with my rifle." He shouted back running off to an armoury.

Error

Post by Error » Sat May 24, 2014 6:41 pm

"...you what?" Val muttered, staring after him.

- - - -

A frigate, radiators aglow, appeared in space over a dead world. The commander, an older man with white hair, was standind in his CIC, looking harried.

"Sir, jumping again so soon will start heating the drives up. Too much."

The other man, rather younger and more annoyed, raised an eyebrow.

"Use the water tanks to sink the heat. Gods only know you've enough of them."

Sighing, the commander turned to his helmsman. "Helm, cycle the water from the mains throug the drive cooling tubes. Recharge the drives and prep for jump. Standby to dump mains five and six to fifty percent after this jump."

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Sat May 24, 2014 6:46 pm

Attempting to open the armoury was met with sagittarius telling solari something about it being locked mixed in with a note about homicide. Being rather annoyed with it,
Solari backed up a reasonable distance and dashed through the door.

Error

Post by Error » Sat May 24, 2014 6:50 pm

Wpace bent as the frigate jumped, radiators now a bright cherry-red. In the CIC, the commander was swearing mentally as he watched heat warnings flash over the plotting board.

"Helm, dump tank five and tank siz to half. Cycle three and four past the drives and standby for final jump."

Turning to his superior, he said, "Sir. We need to eait for the drive to cool before the last jump, or we'll burn it out. Literally."

The other man sighed. "Very well. Can I reccommend, by the way, prepping two shuttles for launch after the next jump?"

- - -
Hearing a muffled crash echoing from the hall, Val slid down to the floor and headed down the corridor, eyebrows raised. The hell was he doing?

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Sat May 24, 2014 6:54 pm

Finding a nice thick rope, solari tied it to the ceiling and held himself from it. deciding that this was very nice rope, he rushed back to the hangar.

Error

Post by Error » Sat May 24, 2014 6:58 pm

Val sidestepped as Solari rushed past, following him into the hangar.

"What, exactly, are you hoping to do, here?" she inquired.

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Sat May 24, 2014 7:01 pm

"I'm hoping to alleviate boredom. Well not really, but I'm not going to say what I'm really doing because that might make me look like an idiot more than I already do." Solari said absent mindedly while tying the rope to a ring attached to the wall near the hangar door. Giving the rope a very firm tug, he tied the other end to his waist.

Error

Post by Error » Sat May 24, 2014 7:05 pm

Val stepped back, tail wrapping around her.

"That... wasn't helpful."

- - -

"Drives charged, sir. Radiators operating at half capacity, and heat levels nominal." reported the helmsman.

"Initiate jump count. Set condition bravo throughout the ship. Have both shuttles prepped after we jump."

As the count ticked down, Markus glanced over at the commander. "Don't worry, you'll have time at the far end to radiate and check the drive. We're just not sure if there's a... problem... at the far end."

Solar112
Captain
Captain

Post by Solar112 » Sat May 24, 2014 7:15 pm

"You're right. it wasn't. I'd suggest moving away as I'm not sure if they have a shield or something protecting the hangar from depressurisation" He said prepairing to press the button next to the large flat wall, angling upwards towards the roof. After Val was a decent ways away, he pressed the button. the door split in the middle, the top half moved upwards, and the bottom down. satisfied that the room wasn't depressurising he removed his hand from the button, then pulled his rifle off of his back.

-------------------
"PREPARE THE WARP DRIVES" The paladin's command rang through every ship in the fleet. Soon a satisfying hum rang through the ships. the hum became higher and higher pitched as the drives spooled up, several minutes later another command from the Paladin came over the intercom. "Jump in T-10. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1. JUMP!" A bright flash of light appeared, where the ships left, with a slight delay between each of them.

((We've made it to the number of posts in grounded: Wastelands.))