Post yer RPs here.
ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Strigiforme
IGN:ACH0225
Re: Standard Faction/Race Information Sheet Format

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:25 pm

Good thing the Strigiforme have a command economy with prices fixed by the government to ensure the maximum efficiency and capability of the Strigiforme Empire
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Affiliation:[redacted]
IGN:Ivan2006

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:40 pm

so if you don't let inflation happen, but you have massive exports...
what happens to all the K'lii you are generating in the process?
Quotes:
Spoiler:
CMA wrote:IT'S MY HOT BODY AND I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.
Tiel wrote:hey now no need to be rough
Daynel wrote: you can talk gay and furry to me any time
CMA wrote:And I can't fuck myself, my ass is currently occupied

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:48 pm

This whole thing just sounds like ACH trying to employ broecon xD
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:52 pm

He has a ridiculously nationalized empire so he can get away with military and economics feats that should, by all rights, be impossible.

Not sure what broecon is.

Chairman_Tiel
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Affiliation:GLORIOUS REPUBLIC

Post by Chairman_Tiel » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:54 pm

brophysics, broecon, bromath, broscience?

You not been to bro school, mate?

And I can't help but feel that the Strigiforme is a logical singularity. It's basically the USSR with all the negatives handwaved away.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Error
Affiliation:CNI
IGN:FC_Rangefinder

Post by Error » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:00 pm

I go to the school of Theortical Education, where we get educated, in theory.

Crash Override
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
Affiliation:Darkstar Security CO

Post by Crash Override » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:03 pm

Icelandic Perehelion wrote:I go to the school of Theortical Education, where we get educated, in theory.

BA DUM TSS*
" We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge, and you call us criminals.We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religous bias... and you call us criminals.You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the
criminals.Yes, I am a crimial. My crime is that of curiosity."

EMPRAH * BRUVA

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:30 pm

Chairman_Tiel wrote:
And I can't help but feel that the Strigiforme is a logical singularity. It's basically the USSR with all the negatives handwaved away.
EXACTLY
They say they have giant exports but don't have any inflation.
That's litterally impossible, because either most of the money that comes in from exports disappears OR people are able to buy more, but then the demand would rise unproportionally to the supply and in the end anyone could afford anything, but people can't get it because there's nothign to buy, it would be like wilderness, except those survive who get to the shops first.
I'll be honest, this doesn't make sense to me.
I am goign to export you a Discord.
Quotes:
Spoiler:

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:35 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
Chairman_Tiel wrote:
EXACTLY
They say they have giant exports but don't have any inflation.
That's litterally impossible, because either most of the money that comes in from exports disappears OR people are able to buy more, but then the demand would rise unproportionally to the supply and in the end anyone could afford anything, but people can't get it because there's nothign to buy, it would be like wilderness, except those survive who get to the shops first.
I'll be honest, this doesn't make sense to me.
I am goign to export you a bronybullshit.
The money from the exports is given to the government, who pay the people and ensure that they have food available. Clearly you cannot into kommand economy. Don't think USSR, think China. How did you think they economy, anyways? Free market?
fr0stbyte124 wrote:5 months from now, I will publish a paper on an efficient method for rendering millions of owls to a screen.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:44 pm

Chairman_Tiel wrote:brophysics, broecon, bromath, broscience?

And brotime, I still don't know how a hundred thousand years can pass and no scientific advancement can take place.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Ivan2006
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Ivan2006 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:48 pm

Still, your system creates a surplus of money. What happens to that surplus if it doesn't create inflation?
Does it get stored by the government? What would the government do with that money?
Quotes:
Spoiler:

ACH0225
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ACH0225 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:50 pm

catsonmeth wrote:
Chairman_Tiel wrote:brophysics, broecon, bromath, broscience?

And brotime, I still don't know how a hundred thousand years can pass and no scientific advancement can take place.
Luddite, constant civil war, fear of computers, government monopoly on smart owls, inefficiency. Any of those. I've explained this before.

Here's Luddite, since I've used the term before and you didn't seem to know. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luddite
Ivan2006 wrote:Still, your system creates a surplus of money. What happens to that surplus if it doesn't create inflation?
Does it get stored by the government? What would the government do with that money?
Military and public works.
mfw brony images
Spoiler:

cats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by cats » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:15 pm

Those things do not equate to a hundred thousand year stall in civilization. In fact, war and tensions drive the sciences onward. The entire system could collapse and reform hundreds of times in that span. And I know the Luddites. Their movement lasted for what, seven years? Just because you say the word doesn't mean that it's possible for a scenario like that could happen.
Last edited by cats on Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device"
— David Langford
Spoiler:
cannonfodder wrote:it's funny because sonic's face looks like a * and faces aren't supposed to look like a *

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:17 pm

Strigiform money is like political argument, you don't question it, you just move on.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]

Shadowcatbot
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Affiliation:Nivanshae
IGN:_Shadowcat_

Post by Shadowcatbot » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:20 pm

catsonmeth wrote:Those things do not equate to a hundred thousand year stall in civilization. In fact, war and tensions drive the sciences onward. The entire system could collapse and reform hundreds of times in that time span. And I know the Luddites. Their movement lasted for what, seven years? Just because you say the word doesn't mean that it's possible for a scenario like that could happen.
Actually it's quite possible, How do you think we managed to keep slaves for so long? The general strigiform populace from what I understand is only smart enough to do their predetermined job. The smart ones have been culturally and morally programmed over thousands of years to keep it that way. Not to mention in a space empire keeping rebellions and liberating ideals down wouldn't be that hard.
In yo ceiling, stealin yo wires

Do not open. Ever. At all. Enter at your own risk to life and limb.
Trigger warning
Bot gore warning
Memetic biohazard
Error bait
Spoiler:
[Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted][Redacted]